Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 19:21   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Today's matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.D.
LOL
Yeh you'll see, when you have more away fans at your place than home fans.
I'd like to take this opportunity to advise you Mr DOF, that you have posted 43 times on our forum & I have posted nonce on yours!

May I then take 2 add 2 & get 5 & deduce that you are a troll, with no life!

Move on, go out more, get a girlfriend & take up a new hobby..... anything

BUT

post "inane drivel" for the 44th time on this messageboard :engsmil:

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2006, 19:33   #137
Senior Member+

Well, having read through the forum and viewed the pictures, the decision against Danny Ventre should be appealed as the rules I believe state that the hand must go to ball to be handball not blasted at the hand from 6ft as someone kindly put it. Neither of his hands were raised in the pictures - seems he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the ref bottled it from the baying crowd behind. Anyway, who cares, like most people I would have taken a draw before kick off - yes I am disappointed that was the end result after being 2-0 up - but as others have said, 7 points from 3 away games has got to be a decent return. Bring on Stevenage and Southport next week (see you all there). Get behind the team at the IES and lets not forget, at least we have Leam Richardson returning to replace Danny if we cannot appeal. BTW how many games is Danny banned for 1 or 3?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 19:38   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
I'd like to take this opportunity to advise you Mr DOF, that you have posted 43 times on our forum & I have posted nonce on yours!

May I then take 2 add 2 & get 5 & deduce that you are a troll, with no life!

Move on, go out more, get a girlfriend & take up a new hobby..... anything

BUT

post "inane drivel" for the 44th time on this messageboard :engsmil:
Booo
Hello mate!!
Why are you so grumpy?
Forums are for chatting, i'm interested in your club because your top of the league, in the same league as the team i support.
And your right i have'nt got a life , LOL
And if you represent the majority of Accy supporters then what a grumpy lot you are, and your top of the league.
F.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 19:38   #139
God Member

Hereford play Southport on Tuesday so keep your eyes on that result.. We need 5 wins but if Southport put one over on the crybabies then we only need 4. So important day tuesday
Old 12-03-2006, 20:14   #140
God Member

missed a comma after so. So, important day tuesday.
Old 12-03-2006, 22:10   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Until the 80th minute or so I was pleased to be at Edgar St. But for the remaining 10 and post-match period I actually felt physically threatened both whilst commentating out the match and waiting for interviews. And it isn't like I'm an elderly, easily-frightened sort of fellow...
Well Dan I felt very much the same, On leaving the ground we had abuse shouted at us from cars, and a pathetic little welshman called my wife a bitch at close range (I had a little chat with HIM) We had countless abuse from little chav's as well.....

I am glad we will not be going to that dump again..... Even if they follow us by the play-offs, I will not put my family through that again..

Welsh inbreds........
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 23:26   #142

Thumbs up Re: Today's matches

Had a quick look at the photos re Danny on the Hereford side. Their main pic shows Rob had the shot covered so clear goal? I think not, & ball blasted for short range-rules state clearly ball to hand not the other way round. Apparently the Bulls fans were baying for penalties earlier & seems like another duped ref-but whats new for us? as said before 30 mins for playing ten men-a dodgy penalty & a sending off that should be appealed-from a team apparently challenging for the league title & six extra minutes & still only drew--Your loss not ours, we played as we have done to the final whistle, defended extremely well & showed why we are top of the league & going up! Maybe we will get some rowdy fans from Div 2 to contend with so maybe we owe the bulls a vote of thanks for at least preparing us in handling them! Oh & Simes, what hospital do we send the pansies too for the guy who called Joanne?

Last edited by big al; 12-03-2006 at 23:28.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 00:11   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
always nice to know that there are two sides to every story. Arrogant ignorant obnoxious Welshmen casting aspersions on our integrity. Many decent fans down there, but sadly too many idiots.
Correct. There are some decent Hereford fans who maintain a competitive spirit and who choose to focus on the 'positives' to take from the game (in this case- accrington were somehow prevented from taking all 3 points!). However IMO, on this occasion an overwhelming majority of hereford fans & STAFF, allowed their 'near-defeat' to get the better of them, particularly the STAFF who should be embarrassed after the way they behaved....BEFORE the game, as well as after!

Accrington gaining automatic promotion to the FL is of course my main concern.....my second being that Hereford United DO NOT move up into league two. I hope they're playing in the conference for a very long time to come.

FELIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 09:11   #144
God Member

Just to make some of you feel a little bit better, I had a lovely phone call from a lady at Hereford FC yesterday morning.She wanted to know when I was next popping by Edgar Street in order to pick up the twenty quid prize money for the prediction quiz that was running in the bar before the game. I told her it was unlikely I would be there for a while and asked her if she could mail it to my Accy address. Her obvious enthusiasm waned somewhat. Never mind - I shall be eagerly awaiting the cheque in the post.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..