Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 16:07   #106
I am Banned

Re: Today's matches

Well we cant be complacent till its won
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2006, 16:20   #107

Radio Lancashire interwebnet coverage goes away again because some no mark premiership team is playing another no mark premiership team.
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 21:49   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
This was a game for the taking and weak play again let us down. We’re resting on our laurels all too often, this league isn’t won yet and we’d better start learning to battle on to the bitter end if we want to win out and climb that long ladder up league two.
"weak play" ????????
"resting on our laurels" ?????????????
"Learn to battle on" ??????????????

What the .... are you on ?????????

Was you there to judge this ???????

NO NO NO

Well Me an my family were,along with hundreds of other stanley fans, and your comments are "Bull"muck.

Hereford where playing there world cup final..... They had 12 men, we went down to 10, and before danny was sent off, hereford had got no where near our goal... Then they could see the end of the tunnel and REALLY laid into us.....

We gained a point, they lost 5 today.....

The lads on the pitch after the game were dancing around like we had won, they know we are gonna do it

Well played Lads........
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 21:54   #109
God Member

have just got back from a cracker of a day out. Edgar St sucks but the Ultras dont. Once again we have absolutely had it today. My voice is broken and so is my wallet. Forget the result becasue Herdford have been goosed today. We have takebn away ther last chance to gain on us and were unlucky to not ge t aklk three points as we deserved for pretty much dominting the game. Highlight of the day? sitting in a posh pub int' middle o nowhere being loud sweary brashy northerners and Mark, Les and Charlie walking in and not expecting us. Posh dudes slightly embarrased eh?

Edited for for foul language. Please read the T&Cs if you are confused.

was rather drunk and cold last night so message was poorly typed and my profanity was inexcusable. Well mod'd.

Our car broke down near Wigan and we were waiting for an hour or so in the freezing cold. Good day out though

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 12-03-2006 at 11:07.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 22:09   #110
Member.

I take you point whole heartedly Simon, and no I wasn’t there and I envy you and your family that. But I am entitled to express as well as have an opinion.

We had one goal we scored and one they scored for us; needless to say we where two up and should have won and had they not scored an own goal we may well have lost today’s game.

We gave away a penalty, Elliott saved it and then our defence failed to clear it or put it out of play, a needless hand ball took us down to ten men, (which Hereford played with last week and won) and then we failed to defend our half and allowed a competent to get the better of us and equalise.

I might not go or get to every match Simon but I love this team as much as you do, I thought we where complacent today. I do believe we will win out comfortably but like I’ve said, I don’t like dramatic endings.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 22:18   #111
Senior Member+

Yes but doug you are judging or having an opinion on something you have not seen with your own eyes. Therefore that opinion is NOT very valid IMHO
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 22:28   #112
Member.

Accepted, but that’s how I felt about game from where I was and heard it. It’s the nature of things I suppose.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 22:47   #113
God Member

Put yer handbags away ladies.

We went into the biggest game of the season with a less than full strength squad and came out of it with a hard fought pont - perhaps undeserved; it doesnt matter. In my opinion we were hard done by, but it could have been worse, right?
Let's look forward, not backwards - that's the Stanley way

Keep the faith people!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 00:01   #114

As has happened before, we have held on & it was more a loss to Hereford than a point gained for them. The rest of the results have favoured us again so no real harm done to put us off course. & ten Men still couldn't take us despite officialdom gone mad again- Danny off for ball to hand & SIX mins extra! We are still on course & perhaps the hardest of our run ins played with no major damage to getting the title. Come on Danny-get in that office at 2BR & tell em Stanley are the only team worthy of commentating on for the rest of this season-full & live on!!!!

Edited for for foul language. Please read the T&Cs if you are confused.

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 12-03-2006 at 10:14.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 00:43   #115
Senior Member+

How can people say that we have been disapointing today??
If someone offered me a draw at the start of the game i would have taken it.

do people not realize that we are still 16 points clear and another game gone,
thats another game hereford cant win to win the league

Agree with simon that the sending off was harsh and no doubt about it changing the game

still 16 points clear and a game less to go
Old 12-03-2006, 00:44   #116
Senior Member+

oh and "2 Roy Croppers"
Old 12-03-2006, 09:07   #117
God Member

I feel so sorry for Danny Ventre who's done so well for us since he's been drafted in after spending much of the season on the bench, just hope the sending off doesn't rock his confidence. Couldn't get there yesterday and listening to the 2nd half commentary on the radion was agony but at the end of the day it took us playing with 10 men for half an hour, them getting a penalty and the ref playing 6 minutes added on time for them to draw with us. Better result for us than for them, they really had to win to keep any hope of catching us. Kep the faith
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:54   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
I feel so sorry for Danny Ventre who's done so well for us since he's been drafted in after spending much of the season on the bench, just hope the sending off doesn't rock his confidence.
Couldn't agree more Accymad.

There are a couple of quite good photos on a Hereford forum thread of the handball incident. Looks like the ref didn't have much choice, worth a look.

http://hufc.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2398

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:17   #119

3 away games in 7 days is a big ask plus travelling all long ish trips and 7 points in the bag is a great return, well done lads.

Give us a green to the champions league:engsmil: Ravin MAD - SR
Give us a green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:45   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
Couldn't agree more Accymad.

There are a couple of quite good photos on a Hereford forum thread of the handball incident. Looks like the ref didn't have much choice, worth a look.

http://hufc.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2398
I'm very disappointed about the sending off, the whole concept of sending a player off for a handball baffles me , let alone awarding a penalty as well!!
What next, booking players for being caught offside?
It's stupid, players should only be sent off for violent conduct - the rulemakers are there to keep the players safe and to keep the game fair...what aspect of handball is in breach of that; enough to send the player off aswell as awarding a penalty?!
i think not
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..