Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2007, 18:54   #106
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Todd gone to Rotherham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
There are several issues here. First, though, I want to join everyone else in wishing Andy Todd well at his new club. He can certainly look back with pride on his achievements with us. We shall never REALLY know why he has left. This thread contains much speculation. The fact is, he has left.

If we are to consolidate our position in League 2, and improve it, we must bring in players who are at least as good as Andy Todd. Let's hope that Coley can do that. I'm afraid I cannot agree with the idea of him having the Midas touch. If we are honest, there have been some iffy signings.

I agree partially with what has been said about living within our means and balancing the budget. But there comes a time in the life of any business when it must invest to progress. We all know now, if we didn't before, that League 2 is a very different matter from the Conference. The differences can be seen in player skills, fitness and physique; in grounds; and in commercial expertise. And that's only for starters.

This is a thread about players. We cannot afford, in any sense of the word, players who drift and out of the game. Without naming names, we know there have been some recently at the FES. If we are to obtain players who are as good as Andy Todd, we may have to risk extra investment to attract and keep them. Of course, we could gamble on unproven youngsters in the hope that they come good (and then move on!), but that is a high-risk gamble. To my mind, it's a higher risk than investing in established players who could help to consolidate and improve our position.

So, that's my two pennorth! Now shoot me down.

id say well put indeed!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2007, 19:26   #107
Senior Member+

Re: Todd gone to Rotherham

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
it made me chuckle anyway
Dont like Rotherhams style of play though ... To Me, To You
Old 18-05-2007, 19:50   #108
God Member

chuckle chuckle well toddys gone at least when he was here he gave his all and didnt walk about daydreaming like our defence did for most of the season.if next season is as exciting as this season has with the same outcome im all for it .dont worry the fanbase is still growing gradually do you know the average age of supporters of the average league club is 42 they have outpriced a generation. i reckon stanleys will be 32 cause there is a lot of younger supporters coming through the turnstiles so the futures bright .the supporters club and community forum just need to keep plugging away . the people of accrington will come to stanley maybe not straight away but they will..
Old 19-05-2007, 10:01   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Not what I hear most nights on Radio Sheffield's Football Heaven. Not listening for the depressed.

They seem to have been going from one crisis to another over the last 2 years.

They are currently in a dispute with CF Booth over rent arrears on their ground of which the main stand has only been partly rebuilt and the fans have been dwindling.
Judging by the Rotherham website the stand cover and seating has now been finished and looks great.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 11:16   #110

Yes Rotherham have been in turmoil for a few years. Fortunately, we have got rid of the clueless idiots who almost killed the club and because of the CVA, and the £1.2M sale of our two best players we are now financially secure. If Andy Todd is as good as I read on here then I am looking forward to seeing him play and hopefully get us back up. You can't blame players for wanting what is best for them personally.

Good Luck to Accrington next season!

Last edited by antonhill; 19-05-2007 at 11:19.
antonhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 12:16   #111
Junior Member+

its a real shame we will lose all matches with this team now
we need godwin antwi david martin
hector sam and a winger 'n' centre back
we will miss toddy and he has signed a 1 year contract
we will see him next season
but does any 1 no his number at rotherham
james-the-accy-fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..