Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2015, 11:45   #31

Re: Tom Aldred

But the news can be found on the Twitter link - crazy!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2015, 11:46   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Good luck Tom Aldred.

Sad fact of football but it's better to get something than nothing in Summer. My only suprise is that he started the season at Stanley, thought somebody would have snapped him up last summer.
didn't Bourmouth make an approach for him last summer
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 11:47   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i just clicked it after reading yer post n its worked fer me sherry,
Working fine for me but the official site was down earlier for me when it was first announced. And I don't blame Coley for that either
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 11:47   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Tom has been superb in his time here, hope he succeeds at Blackpool, that way the club must surely get some decent poke, thats needed? Coneelly looks like he can do the job to me.
Old 31-01-2015, 11:48   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
didn't Bourmouth make an approach for him last summer
No idea if anybody made an approach for him last summer.
Old 31-01-2015, 12:33   #36
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
No idea if anybody made an approach for him last summer.
Same time as an approach from bury came in for Naismith from a un named club....... So hows do stanley get any money out of this move if Tom is out of contract at the end of the season, and blackpool have him for a month on loan unless they sign him and we have him till the end of the season is that how it works
Old 31-01-2015, 12:35   #37
Senior Member+

Let's hope that Tom plays for Blackpool today and that he is their "Man of the Match" and that he repeats that for the rest of the month!
That way we can demand the highest transfer fee possible for him when he signs for them permanently £££££

UP THE POOL AND TOM
and ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 12:38   #38
God Member

Would imagine it's a case of Blackpool paying a small loan fee and us getting his wages off the bill. We haven't got much leverage to command a decent transfer fee. Just hope there's an Eric Whalley style sell-on clause in there.

Good luck Tom. Good servant for the club and played a massive part in keeping us in the league last season. Will always have memories (albeit hazey) of the night after the Bristol game. Hope he does well.
AccyMad likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 12:44   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Same time as an approach from bury came in for Naismith from a un named club....... So hows do stanley get any money out of this move if Tom is out of contract at the end of the season, and blackpool have him for a month on loan unless they sign him and we have him till the end of the season is that how it works

By the looks of it, he's only signed on loan to register in time to play today, presumably the registration for a loan player is later than a permanent deal. I'm guessing you can sign a plyer on outside the window if he's on loan. It will all come out in the wash.
Old 31-01-2015, 12:51   #40
Full Member+

Good luck Tom, I hope it works out for you at Blackpool. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but it does not seem a happy camp. some of the team selections are questionable. I can't see James Gray or Marcus Carver sticking around if they are not getting a place in the team. James didn't even make the squad last week against Bury, Why???? Nicky Hunt on the bench, Why???? some seriously bad decisions being made.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 13:35   #41
Senior Member+

Because winnard is a better right back
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 13:40   #42
God Member

I like Nicky Hunt and would play him if he had good protection in front of him but against a winger with any mention of pace he's left for dead. Plus as Dave says Dean is a better player.

As for the rest - Carver is starting today and Gray on the bench, Chrisr must be happy as Larry
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 14:17   #43
God Member

Aldred on the bench for the tangerines
Old 31-01-2015, 17:36   #44
Senior Member+

Did he come on macca?

A rare Blackpool win as well.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:40   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems Not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..