Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 21:55   #31

Re: Tom Bender

Rochdale fan in peace.

I come over and watch Accrington as much as possible when Dale are away.

Heard of the awful news regarding Tom Bender's injury tonight.

From everyone at Rochdale, and speaking for everyone within the football family, I wish Tom a safe and speedy recovery.

I hope himself and his family can draw upon the magnificent support from the Stanley fans.

Get well soon Tom.
Reedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2011, 22:01   #32

Plymouth fan here wishing tom all the best in the world, green army thinking of him and wish him speedy recovery. Puts things in perspective when horrible things like this happen. Fans united.
pilgrimmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:16   #33

Thumbs up Re: Tom Bender

Just heard from ssn tom will be fine,concused. If anyone coming down to Plymouth on Saturday then have a safe trip and hope you enjoy the day, but not 3 points
pilgrimmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:21   #34

Arrow Re: Tom Bender

Greenarmy Fan here to wish Tom Bender all the very best wishes and a speedy recovery . Also a warm message for the Accrington players staff and management for such a distressing sight to witness . It brings life back to reality . We have money problems does it matter answer is no compared with Tom that is what matters . Also i woud like to extend a warm and friendy welcome to you all to Argyle on Saturday to celebrate our 125th birthday and fans from a over the country will be their in their own coours . We are the friendliest supporters in the county so welcome to you all and enjoy it it is only a game . Good luck tom.

Keith PAFC season Ticket Holder from Cornwall
greenarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:23   #35

Bradford fan in peace.

From all at Bradford City, all the best to Tom, and hopefully a speedy recovery.

And good to see a broad and far reaching set of fans posting well wishes, all the best to all teams and fans as well.
teddie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:26   #36
Senior Member+

Nice post Keith , Thankyou regards Dave !
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:41   #37

jaytee from Shrewsbury. Best of luck, owd lad. We're all worried about you. If it's the good news we're hearing, I'm really pleased.
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:45   #38

Hi. Southend United supporter here.

After seeing the news, i'd like to wish Tom a speedy recovery.

I also send best wishes to his family and the players/staff at todays match, which must have been shaken by the injury.

Look forward to see you playing at our return fixture.

All the best
Brian
Benfleet Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:52   #39
Give, give, give member

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 23:24   #40
Full Member+

This was the worse Stanley match I've ever been to, the football were'nt great but bloody hell 25minutes for an ambulance to arrive made me think the worse, there's two ambulance's sat at the bottom of my street (Darwen) ready for action, but then again they were probably out picking drunks of the pavement.

Please please get well soon Tom , really thought the worst

P.s To all the other fans THIS IS FOOTBALL how it should be thank you.
Old 04-10-2011, 23:30   #41

Thank you Dave 1 for your comments.
At this time we are all football fans and united we stand no matter what club , colour race or religion it does not matter .

We are trying to get a chant going for Tom on Saturday and knowing Plymouth supporters it will be loud and clear for him . So stick together football will be the winner for the fans . Premiership do not have a clue what the basement is like .

Keith from Cornwall
greenarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 23:45   #42

Here's hoping Tom feels better in the morning, it sounds like a right crack he's had! All sorts of scare stories about paralysis, broken necks and so on makes you realise how quickly rumour and speculation spreads.

I'm sure other Bradford City supporters would join me in hoping it's nothing more serious than a concussion and a few bruises, and are wishing him a speedy recovery.
Cuffbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:32   #43

Ex Brit living in San Francisco.
Just returned home and read the news ( 8.30pm Tuesday here )
As a football fan, wish Tom Bender all the best and a swift recovery.
Would also like to thank both teams, and the supporters from both sides, who accepted the decision to abandon the game.
That is SPORTMANSHIP.
mervsanfancisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:51   #44
God Member

Tom, thank goodness I'm reading that you are going to be OK. I got a hell of a shock when SPARKIE texted me to tell what happened. Just got home and are so pleased to find it appears to be not to serious. I want to wish you a speedy recovery.
..And how nice is it to see these good wishes from fans of different clubs. Good onya all.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:12   #45
Senior Member+

What fantastic news to wake up to

Get better soon Tom, see you on the pitch soon mate.

Massively touched by all the messages of support from other clubs. Thank-you to all.

Id like to organise some sort of thank-you gift for the tranmere fans, anyone any ideas???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..