Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2004, 15:51   #31
God Member

Re: Tonight

Dale fans...

Do either of you know the parent of the little girl who wet on the pitch with stan the monkey? got a couple of good pics that i didnt put on the web with the rest
Old 15-07-2004, 15:52   #32

lol! Where did you see me? I'm confused how you know me!!!
sazzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 16:01   #33

No kipax i don't sorry. Well i don't know you sazzy i just know what you look like somehow if this makes any sense
Old 15-07-2004, 16:35   #34
Full Member+

To play devils advocate a little, I noticed that before the corner that led to our second goal Dale`s keeper was being jostled and had his toes danced upon once or twice. It`s not big and it`s not clever and considering the reputation we picked up last season it`s not acceptable. Lets beat teams on skill and not some Euro 2004 fancy dan antics, I mean we are good enough. :engsmil:
Old 15-07-2004, 17:52   #35
Senior Member+

Dalefan, according to all the reports I have seen, the own goal Hacker scored would not have counted, because the assistant referee had already flagged Dale players offside, so the goal could not have counted. Hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004, 11:44   #36

Surely if the ref sees that the rochdale player did not get the ball then he was not interfering? The ref could have overruled his liner
Old 16-07-2004, 13:12   #37
Junior Member+

Well he is interfering if Hacker was cutting out the cross before it got to the 'Dale player, this is how he can be flagged offside and therefore the goal not counted. Simple really...
Creweboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004, 16:09   #38

Fellas, don't get too excited about beating 'Dale.

We beat Wolves 5-1 last season and had a crap campaign. Pre-season results count for nothing, and though it's always nice to win....get it in perspective.

Looking forward to our first meet at The Pie on the Tuesday.

Who do you guys think will win league? ( besides either you or us of course)

Majority seem to think that Carlisle will have too much.................but funnier things have happened.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004, 16:22   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child
Fellas, don't get too excited about beating 'Dale.

Why not.. theres little else... we have been starved of football for months.. we get to play and win... surely we can be happy

Quote:
We beat Wolves 5-1 last season and had a crap campaign. Pre-season results count for nothing, and though it's always nice to win....get it in perspective..

I dont think anyone is thinking we beat a rochdale slung together side so we must be fantastic... half our first choice players wernt even playing and I know some of the rochdale ones where trialists.

Quote:
Looking forward to our first meet at The Pie on the Tuesday..
?

Quote:
Who do you guys think will win league? ( besides either you or us of course)..

I am glad you said beside either of us cus I doubt either of us will... It will be a fantastic achievement if we make the playoffs.. such a big upheavel the last few weeks.... the team that runs out for our first game will hardly know each other... geeze we dont even own a goalie yet ... surely it will take time to gell the team together....

Quote:
Majority seem to think that Carlisle will have too much.................but funnier things have happened.

Lots of teams drop down and dnt set the place on fire... But carlisle are a little different in that they wheer sort of on the up as they came down..as daft as that sounds...

Carlisle are bound to be up there.. looking at top two i would say.. as for us I would be more than happy if we sneak into the playoffs
Old 17-07-2004, 15:52   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalefan
Surely if the ref sees that the rochdale player did not get the ball then he was not interfering? The ref could have overruled his liner

isnt the rule from when the ball is played............
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 18:16   #41

There have been plenty of goals scored were despite there being players in offside positions the goal has been allowed because they were not interfering.

Anyway it doesn't matter!
Old 17-07-2004, 18:20   #42
I am Banned

it was only a friendly......

the new interpretation of the offside rule is crap anyway, some referees look as though they dont understand it
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..