Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2008, 11:43   #301
God Member

Re: Tonight V Peterborough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Originally Posted by Stanleymad
You reckon we should get some of the former players whom may be paying a visit on saturday one including Gordon stones, think they should take the team talk for the day

Definetly, its a great idea.

What a miserable result..I feel bad, but you lot at the coal face must feel like you been dumped on then rogered with the Devils own poker.
However,history shows that any team with an ounce of intent, will bounce back and I will be predicting a Stanley victory this weekend.
Hheheehehe will call him later & see what he thinks lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2008, 12:27   #302
Resting In Peace

We were doing well away from home playing 5-3-2 with three centre halves, then Coley changed it to 4-4-2 and we beat Grimsby and Mansfield. Why then last night when everybody knew that Peterbrough were fast on the attack did we play 4-5-1 (five midfielders). Only our super tactician, tinkerman, manager has the answer to this
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 17:23   #303
God Member

Without playing well we were in with a belated shout of last night becoming the greatest come back since Anakin Skywalker!

It sounds like rose tinted time again but we came out for the second half last night and scored two. At 4-2 down Roscoe forced a fine save out of paperboy and then in a penalty area mellee I thought we should have had a penalty four or five times within seconds for different fouls. If either of those had produced a goal then Boro would surely have shat themselves and we'd have been looking at kitchen sinks forcing a point. After the not a penalty incident they played a long ball out to the right wing and the guy slid to stop the ball. He actually slid past the ball and stopped it with his arm (not on purpose but still an unfair advantage gained), got up ran 20 yards crossed in to an unmarked goal scorer. Instead of 4-3 it was 5-2 and 15 minutes left. The team then capitulated and the reset is history. It could have been 12 or 13 in the last quarter if it wasn't for Rocky, Bavs and the puddles of water.

Yes, we were poor.
Yes Boro's front 3 were simply awesome.

..... but we came close to an improbable, undeserved, fantastic result. Sounds silly after a walloping doesn't it!

If Roscoe had scored, if we had the penalty, if the winger had been penalised for handball, if Mully;s goal hadn't unjustly been ruled out then we might have been singing Coleys praises today. Instead the knives are sharpening. Football can kick you in the teeth
Old 16-01-2008, 20:13   #304
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by exton_posh View Post
You seemed to play as if you were at home ...
You've hit the nail on the head, there. Thanks for your posts, though, see you next season?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 20:28   #305
God Member

Just updated the league table - wasn't in the mood to do it last night
Not looking very good, look at all them games in hand teams have against us, we could easily drop another 4 places

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 21:11   #306
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Before we all start to blame "the scouts".

ASFC have no specific scouts.

Fair enough, but even I know that Peterborough have a very quick and deadly forward line and I would assume that playing a high backline would leave my team vulnerable. I don't need a scout, a cub, or a brownie to tell me that much.
Old 17-01-2008, 09:29   #307
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
If Roscoe had scored, if we had the penalty, if the winger had been penalised for handball, if Mully;s goal hadn't unjustly been ruled out then we might have been singing Coleys praises today. Instead the knives are sharpening. Football can kick you in the teeth
Tell the whole truth - if Peterborough had taken their chances it could have been 12 or 14, they missed that many sitters. That is how bad the defence was.
Old 17-01-2008, 10:39   #308
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Tell the whole truth - if Peterborough had taken their chances it could have been 12 or 14, they missed that many sitters. That is how bad the defence was.
I did Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
It could have been 12 or 13 in the last quarter if it wasn't for Rocky, Bavs and the puddles of water.

I was just pointing out that as awful as we were we could have been back in it and then a whole different perspective would have been put on the game. TBH we have been looking for that tonking for 18 months.
Old 17-01-2008, 13:07   #309
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Quote:
I did Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
Quote:
It could have been 12 or 13 in the last quarter if it wasn't for Rocky, Bavs and the puddles of water.
Sorry, I just noticed all the if's at the end of your post so I put an if on as well.
Old 17-01-2008, 13:17   #310
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhigh View Post
Last "heavy" league defeat was August 20th 1960
Crystal Palace 9 Stanley 2
I was there, aged 9, with my Dad. In my "memories" input to the "Club that wouldn't die" project, I remembered the 9, but forgot the 2 ! Two days later, we drew 3-3 at Millwall in a brilliant game.

The only way is up (again).
Old 17-01-2008, 19:14   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
You've hit the nail on the head, there. Thanks for your posts, though, see you next season?
I sincerly hope not to be honest, with the money our chairman has spent he and the fans are expecting to go up....
By the way for banter about posh dont bother about the offical sites messageboard unless your puberty hasnt arrived, come onto London Road.net.
Always welcome away fans for a bit of friendly banter
exton_posh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 14:37   #312
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Originally Posted by Stanleymad
You reckon we should get some of the former players whom may be paying a visit on saturday one including Gordon stones, think they should take the team talk for the day

Definetly, its a great idea.

Well Kiwi i've talked to Gordons son today, funny enough he mentioned that his dad wouldnt of minded doing a team talk - quite ironically i said a few fans also thought same too & that i put that suggestion across, he laughed at the great minds think alike hehehehehe

Now how do we convince coley to rest his voice a little for pitch side

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 15:42   #313
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
weve already got one..a gary roberts if the rumours are right
Gary's playing at Bloomfield Road today so may not be as out of favour as people might think. Credited with the assist from a corner for the equaliser as well. But substituted on 78 minutes...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..