Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2005, 12:32   #31

Re: Tonight's game

[QUOTE=Alty365]Stevenage are streets ahead of you and you'll do well to finish top five. If you do then fair play to you. [QUOTE]

And If You Finish Anywhere Other Than Back In Conference North, Fair Play To You

You Seem To Know More About Stevenage Than Alty, But Then Again, That Aint Hard.

And When You You Was "Outclassed" Against Stevenage Away, Please Sleep Easy Tonight Knowing This :

You Will Be AGAIN Outclassed At The Interlink
Old 17-08-2005, 12:39   #32
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaldo
Ok, so Kipax's spelling and punctuation ain't so good, but then we don't pay a tenner each week to watch Kipax write! You have to pay a tenner each week to watch that herd of donkeys kick a ball around!

Why are these pub-team supporters so reluctant to talk about the match? Is it cos they're rubbish and got beat?

...and as for getting robbed of the result, how about you shuv the controversial goal up yer arses, and we'll take the two supposedly offside goals instead? Either way, we have the three points, and you're another step on the way to the Unibond.
Ha ha! So much anger there! We outplayed at times last night and you were lucky to get the win. How's that? A draw would actually have been the fairest result in all honesty.

Thought your centre-backs were very composed and it took good play from our midfield/forwards to create the chances we had. The dead ball situation was a bit grim from both teams and the free kicks at both ends looked more likely to break windows than hit the net.

As I said previously in this thread, it was a really good game of football. I'll pay a tenner to watch us play football like that any day of the week, and more often than not we'll win playing like that.

I think we're doing ok for a skint club. You've gone pro and from what one of your fans told me on confguide, it's later in the season when it really pays dividends.

Come on Alty!!!!
Alty365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 12:43   #33
God Member

We finished 10th in our firsts season in conf.. as part timers.. why are you just happy to survive..

for the record if you care to look... I tipped alty to be at least mid table on this very messageboard before the season started...
Old 17-08-2005, 12:49   #34
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
We finished 10th in our firsts season in conf.. as part timers.. why are you just happy to survive..

for the record if you care to look... I tipped alty to be at least mid table on this very messageboard before the season started...

And I very much hope your prediction comes true!

We would be happy to survive. Those of us who aren't stuck in the past realise that by current standards we are a very small fish in the conference. Whilst we dream of one day knocking on the door of the football league, we are realistic enough to realise that we're not ready for it. We don't have the money or the crowds to justify league football, but by consolidating and playing our football at the highest level we realistically can, we might begin to work towards that.

I've got to go as I have a mountain of paperwork to do, but I'll come on later and expand on this slightly!

Cheers for now.
Old 17-08-2005, 13:34   #35

Dont Rush Back, Why Dont Alty Have There Own Messageboard !!!
Old 17-08-2005, 13:54   #36
Junior Member+

[QUOTE=KIPAX]We finished 10th in our firsts season in conf.. as part timers.. why are you just happy to survive..
QUOTE]

Cos we cant afford to pay teh cream of part time players £500 a week like you were in your first season in the conference. We've had a sugar daddy before, its never a long term solution as you'll find out eventually.
Alty all over britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 13:56   #37
God Member

Oh dear.. more fairy stories... there not even on that full time let alone part time... do you dream this up just at night or do you daydream as well ?
Old 17-08-2005, 14:02   #38
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Oh dear.. more fairy stories... there not even on that full time let alone part time... do you dream this up just at night or do you daydream as well ?
No I just know two of your players from that season, keep your head in the sand.
Alty all over britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 15:24   #39
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey
Dont Rush Back, Why Dont Alty Have There Own Messageboard !!!

I was asked a question to which I responded with a sensible answer. do you only like talking to people you know and/or agree with all the time?

That's how inbreeding starts. What a coincidence!

your wife is your brother is your dad is your sister is your gran..etc...etc
Old 17-08-2005, 15:38   #40

Smile Re: Tonight's game

Inbreeding now is it? I thought that was Barrow...

Anyway, come on everyone - its only right that Alty, only having played 2 games in a higher division expect results isnt it..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 15:41   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's how inbreeding starts. What a coincidence!

your wife is your brother is your dad is your sister is your gran..etc...etc
Its always funny how Alty fans resort back to something thats totally nothing to do with their team and the result.......

0-1 thanks cya at the interlink
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 16:00   #42
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
Inbreeding now is it? I thought that was Barrow...

Anyway, come on everyone - its only right that Alty, only having played 2 games in a higher division expect results isnt it..

Jimbo T blower
Just look at the state of yourself!
Old 17-08-2005, 16:01   #43

Smile Re: Tonight's game

Nothing ever changes does it? How many teams did we beat last season and their fans bombard our mb with their drivellous tripe?? You can always rely on Alty for this... and they wonder why they get so much grief.. but thats ok theyve got huge support and always have had...

To be honest, people arent helpin by quoting wot they are saying on their site on here. Mr K - turn the other cheek (even if its personal insults) - who gives a crap wot Alty of all fans are saying about us/me/you.. None of it will be complimentary so why bother looking? Let them wallow in their own muck..

The only thing that matters is that we got what everyone went down the M60 for - end of story as far as Im concerned...

Jimbo T blower

PS Havent had a wash today...

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 18-08-2005 at 11:43. Reason: Didnt come across right the first time...
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 16:28   #44
Senior Member+

Neither have I Jimbo thats two of us
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 17:29   #45

Yeah, come on folks. They're only some crappy pub team's supporters.
We're better than this, just ignore them. They'll soon crawl back into their hole.
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..