Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2005, 21:15   #1

Tonight's game

Accrington will play better than that and lose
Altrincham will play worse than that and win
If Altrincham keep playing like that - survival, no problem
If Accrington keep playing like that - errmm

Well cheated
Unemployed Coalminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2005, 21:52   #2

Re: Tonight's game

We lost the plot a bit tonight, particularly in the second half.
The points keep a-coming though from these mediocre displays, but more importantly THE CLEAN SHEETS ARE WINNING THE GAMES! Another hard-fought win though; well done lads!

Loved the pause while we all waited for the ref to give the keeper a free-kick, only to find out that it really WAS a goal!

Also loved the Jones, *JONES* song. Inspired! I wonder if he'd take to the nickname Indiana, and the accompanying theme tune.

Last edited by Robaldo; 16-08-2005 at 21:53.
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 21:53   #3

Talking Re: Tonight's game

Who cares if the goal was against run of play or a lucky one?? Its called football. Now you know how we felt when Craney did the same to us at your place when we won the Unibond. The fact of the matter is we've got 6 points from our first two games with clean sheets and youve no goals and sod all points... Do you lot have any strikers on your team??

Ooohhh ZIIIIIING

Boy those grapes are definately sour this evening... HA

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 21:56   #4

"Do you lot have any strikers on your team??"

Do you?
Old 16-08-2005, 22:02   #5

Question Re: Tonight's game

They seem to be more effective than your lot - we hit the back of the net 3 times tonight (ok illegally twice) - how many times did you hit it? And last Saturday??

Jimbo T blower

Old 16-08-2005, 22:04   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unemployed Coalminer
Accrington will play better than that and lose
Altrincham will play worse than that and win

Well cheated
Isn't good to get the season underway same as usual carpping on about a loss don't you have your own websites for this crap. If you come on here and post rubbish expect to get slagged off.
look at the table at the end of the year and if by some miracle your still in the conference please come on here and shout about how good you are but with no points and no goals you don't half sound silly.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 22:04   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
we hit the back of the net 3 times tonight (ok illegally twice) -
Jimbo T blower
Thanks. That's the first time i've laughed since I got home.
Old 16-08-2005, 22:09   #8

Talking Re: Tonight's game

No probs - weve all been laughing since 9.30pm... But you seem to have missed my point - the bit you found funny was just an observation - the bit which you chose to ignore was how many times have you hit the net in 180 mins of play?

Jimbo T blower

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 16-08-2005 at 22:13.
Old 16-08-2005, 22:10   #9
Senior Member+

I have to say, as one of those who attended tonight, that ref and liner's were all crap. They DO NOT know the offside rule. Also seemed a bit whistle happy and gave more free kicks to Alty than they deserved/warranted. Most were 50/50 balls at best. Still who cares - if Stanley win 1-0 every game throughout the season - we will be a league club come next August whereas Alty WILL be Conference North again.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 22:48   #10
God Member

oooo unempcoalminer............ accy jt 2nd awww alty 19th hmmmmmm, early days but if we can get jt 2nd playing like we did.... FAB But as we are sure to improve then weyhey

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 06:55   #11
Senior Member+

I bet Altrincham were disappointed with the attendance last night. Where were the 3000 that they'd been banging on about?

Anyway, a 'rare' away match report is now on the official site.
Old 17-08-2005, 07:13   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
I bet Altrincham were disappointed with the attendance last night. Where were the 3000 that they'd been banging on about?

Anyway, a 'rare' away match report is now on the official site.
show me where anybody said anything about 3000
Old 17-08-2005, 07:48   #13
God Member

Alty fans should be ahasmed of themselves... every season in every division they play in.. crowds and history is more important than points.. thats your average alty fan...

First home game back in the conference and they get less than 1000 alty fans.. embarresing or what... our first game in the conference was also on a tuesday night.. we played LeighRMI who brought about 30 fans.. the attendence that night was over 2000
Old 17-08-2005, 08:04   #14
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Alty fans should be ahasmed of themselves... every season in every division they play in.. crowds and history is more important than points.. thats your average alty fan...

First home game back in the conference and they get less than 1000 alty fans.. embarresing or what... our first game in the conference was also on a tuesday night.. we played LeighRMI who brought about 30 fans.. the attendence that night was over 2000
Exactly. your first game in the conference, you forget we've done this all before, your fans should be ashamed of yoursleves, looks at the state of some of you, do they have soap in lancashire? If your so big how come only 200 came to a game 30 miles away?
Alty all over britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 08:08   #15
God Member

See what i mean.. history and amount of fans is the most important thing on your mind.

Soap? Whats the point in having a wash if we are only going to get dirty again... Ban having a wash is what I say

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..