Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2004, 21:15   #1

Unhappy Tonights Match

Oh dear ! What a catastrophe.
Sweet.F.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2004, 21:25   #2

Re: Tonights Match

we could have been 3-0 down, poor performance but we live to fight another day, see you all there
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 21:27   #3

and the score was ?
Old 30-03-2004, 21:32   #4

The score was Stanley 0 Morecambe 1
Sweet.F.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 21:35   #5

thanks.......
Old 30-03-2004, 22:23   #6
Full Member+

I couldn't make it to tonight's game and, o.k. we lost, but it's only half-time! What I can't stomach, however, is Sweet F.A.'s deliberate undermining of a key member of our squad. I presume Jon Kennedy didn't have a good game tonight, (only let one in, though) but calling for him to be dropped is not likely to encourage either the player or the team spirit. If we'd called for Jamie's head every time he's had a dodgy game over the last few years, I'm sure he'd have packed in by now. We need to encourage BOTH our keepers - thy're both a cut above most in the Conference, so let's not start slagging them off on the strength of one game! Please, Sweet FA, drop that lurid signature!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 23:28   #7
Junior Member+

It wasn't the keeper's fault for the goal. Smithy missed the header back. But it's all water under the bridge now. It's only half time and there is still everything to play for.

What do people think of the new PA announcer? I think he does a great job for 99% of the time, but he let's himself down on occasions. Starting the kids penalty shoot out the other week 5 minutes before the kick off was not really a very good idea.

And tonight, just as the Accrington Pipe Band was coming onto the pitch playing the pipes, he blasted out "Is This the Way to Amarillo" on the PA.

Other than that, he's doing fine.
tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 23:32   #8
Senior Member+

The good thing about losing tonight (if possible) is that at morecambe we have got to go and ATTACK ATTACK nothing to defend or settle for, Underdog status could do us good......
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 00:18   #9
God Member

tango....Wasnt his fault for the penalty shootout late starting.. was the mascots fault... both of them... honest
Old 31-03-2004, 08:25   #10
Resting In Peace

It wasn't John Kennedy's fault for the Morecambe goal. Twice he shouted to Johnathon Smith "Win it" and Jonathon missed the header which gave Kennedy no chance. Rocky gave Jonathon a real roasting. So stop calling for Kennedy's head and please drop your signature "Bring back Jamie Speare" They are both decent goalkeepers but for me John Kennedy is the safer
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 09:26   #11
Full Member+

I agree. I heard JK shout from 50 yards away.

I thought he had a very good game. He looked authorative catching the ball and pulled off a great save later on when one of their players was clean through ... again.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 09:33   #12
God Member

No need to panic - as has been said already it's only half-time & with Rory back next Tuesday, Morecambe won't know what's hit em!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 14:31   #13

Well I was right behind the goal in which Morecambe scored and Kennedy really did nothing wrong. It was Smiffy's fault but other than that I thought he had an alright game. I thought Ged Brannan played well as well.
Old 31-03-2004, 14:56   #14

For what it's worth I thought your keeper was very competent and hardly put a foot or hand wrong. I thought it was a decent game - not many clear cut chances but a lot of good build up play by both sides. I thought the ref got a grip of some early tugging and arm-swinging (which, in my opinion, your players were too keen to try in the league game at your place) and the result was better football all round. I thought we deserved to win but we'll need to be as alert and determined as we were last night or you could easily turn things round at our place.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 15:30   #15
Senior Member+

Behind the goal also and JK did nothing wrong,as a moderator maybe Sweet FA should be more moderate,we have 2 good but different goalies.The main thing that we all noticed last night was the gap where Rory should and would have been!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..