Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15   #1

Tony Grant

There is a post on the Burnley website saying that Tony Grant is training with Stanleyand has got the full kit with squad number. If it were true I would say hewould be the best midfielder in the league.
Anybody know anything.
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2005, 08:23   #2
Full Member+

Re: Tony Grant

The squad numbers issue is a red herring IMO. They won't be decided until a few weeks before the season starts and the final squad has taken shape ... might just be wearing a borrowed shirt from one of last season's players.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27   #3
God Member

True. Squad numbers not issued yet... They gotta wear somehting havent they
Old 11-07-2005, 09:55   #4
Senior Member+

id love to see him sign, cant see him doing so tho. Thers plently of League 1 and 2 clubs that would have him.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 16:35   #5
Senior Member+

The players have got the squad numbers i think, because they have thier new training kit and each one has a number on. Tretton is 5 btw.
I think they are keeping same numbers as last season because they are keeping the blue shirts that they used last season. So yeah squad numbers have been given but not anoounced yet
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 14:43   #6
Super Moderator

According to the LET, Tony Grant has been training with us purely to keep himself in shape. He's mates with Coley and Cooky, apparently, and he hopes to get himself fixed up with a league club very soon. A little disappointing, but I suppose joining us was never on the cards really...
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 14:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
According to the LET, Tony Grant has been training with us purely to keep himself in shape. He's mates with Coley and Cooky, apparently, and he hopes to get himself fixed up with a league club very soon. A little disappointing, but I suppose joining us was never on the cards really...
So why would it not be on the cards .....?
sad boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 14:50   #8
Super Moderator

Because he'd want far more in wages than we could afford.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 16:23   #9
Junior Member+

And he's far too good for the Conference
turf moor longsiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 16:45   #10
Senior Member+

And he wanted more money than Burnley would offer, think in the region of 6k a week
Old 13-07-2005, 05:51   #11

You Never Know, I Would Personally Like To See Him Sign On A 1 Year Deal And Try To Give Us That Push Into League 2 :engsmil:
Old 13-07-2005, 17:44   #12
Senior Member+

No chance would he sign on a 1year deal what good is that to him? He is 30, he will want one last long termer (well 2/3 year contract) before he starts dropping down the leagues.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..