Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 10:42   #1
Senior Member+

Top 3, next 4, last 2 - 2012/3

"Money where your mouth is" time

Who's going up in the automatic places, who will contest the playoffs, and who's for the drop to the BSP?

Top 3
Rotherham
Fleetwood
Bristol Rovers

Next 4
Accrington Stanley
Cheltenham Town
Aldershot Town
Wycombe Wanderers

Last 2
York City
Morecambe

Have a guess. Costs you nowt ...............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2012, 11:04   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Top 3, next 4, last 2 - 2012/3

1. Stanley
  2. Rotherham
  3. Wycome
    Is my top 3
  1. Bratford
  2. Fleetwood
  3. Torquay
  4. cheltenham
    The 4 possibles
    1. Barnet
    2. Rochdale.
      Fer the drop. lol
Old 08-08-2012, 12:07   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
  1. Stanley
  2. Rotherham
  3. Wycome
    Is my top 3
  1. Bratford
  2. Fleetwood
  3. Torquay
  4. cheltenham

The 4 possibles
    1. Barnet
    2. Rochdale.
      Fer the drop. lol
If you hadn't put us there, your £10 @ 100-1 would've gone out the window, wouldn't it ..........
Old 08-08-2012, 14:56   #4

Wycombe : Chesterfield : Rotherham
Exeter: Plymouth; Rochdale: Southend
Dagenham: Barnet

avoided naming Stanley in case I put the kiss of death
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 15:54   #5
Super Moderator

1. Stanley
2. Bristol Rovers
3. AFC Wimbledon

4. Fleetwood
5. Exeter
6. Port Vale
7. Rotherham

23. Dag & Red
24. Barnet
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 08-08-2012, 15:56   #6
Senior Member+

Top 3
Fleetwood
Oxford
Stanley ( you can still get 16/1 on promotion)

4 for the Playoff
Bristol
Chesterfield
Gillingham
Rotherham

2 to be relegated
Dagenham
York
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 16:17   #7
Senior Member+

Top 3 for me would be Stanley, Rotherham and Southend
Next four would include Fleetwood, Stanley 2nds, Bristol and Chesterfield
relegated, can't see anyone other than D&R and Barnet.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 19:21   #8

1:Bristol rovers
2:Plymouth A
3:Stanley

4:Rotherham
5:Gillingham
6:Fleetwood
7:Southend

To be Relegated

23agenham
24:Port Vale

Barnet will survive as usual by winning there last game lol.
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 20:15   #9
Senior Member+

1. Fleetwood
2. Wycombe Wanderers
3. Rotherham United

4. Bristol Rovers
5. Torquay United
6. Southend United
7. Cheltenham Town

23. Barnet
24. Dagenham
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 21:25   #10

My predictions for league two would be:

Top 3

Rotherham
Fleetwood
Bristol Rovers

Play offs:

Southend
Port Vale
Wycombe
York City

Relegated:

Barnet
AFC Wimbledon
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 23:57   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
6. Port Vale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
My predictions for league two would be:
Play offs:

Port Vale
From what I've read, Port Vale are still in administration...I'm not sure, though I think that under F.L. rules they may start the coming season with a minus points figure of either -10 or -15 IF they're still in admin at the start of the coming season???

Personally....I'll go for....

1) Bristol Rovers
2) Rotherham
3) Southend

Play-offs:

4) Fleetwood
5) Cheltenham
6) Oxford
7) Wycombe

Relegated:

23) Burton Albion
24) Dagenham

A mid table finish for Stanley will do for me...though I'd obviously just love it...just love it ( damn...I'm beginning to sound like Keegan !!! ) for the Reds to finish in the top seven !!! However I think this season will be a big learning curve for our youthful side .

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 20:18   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
From what I've read, Port Vale are still in administration...I'm not sure, though I think that under F.L. rules they may start the coming season with a minus points figure of either -10 or -15 IF they're still in admin at the start of the coming season???
Apparently not ............

"Begbies-Traynor director Bob Young told BBC Radio Stoke that, after discussions with the Football League, they will not be deducted any points if they start the season in administration. Begbies-Traynor are the administrators at Port Vale."
Old 09-08-2012, 21:40   #13
Senior Member+

I'm not at all sure about Bristol Rovers. At the end of last season, they relied heavily on Mustapha Carayol who destroyed us almost single-handed at the Memorial Ground and has now departed for Middlesbrough. Local feeling is that Rovers are unlikely to feature in the top three.

So, I'll go for a top three of
Rotherham
Wycombe
Southend

Next four:
Cheltenham
Chesterfield
Torquay
Bristol Rovers

The drop:
Barnet
Dagenham
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 00:46   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Apparently not ............

"Begbies-Traynor director Bob Young told BBC Radio Stoke that, after discussions with the Football League, they will not be deducted any points if they start the season in administration. Begbies-Traynor are the administrators at Port Vale."
That......IF TRUE....STINKS !!! Their debts must dwarf the comparative pittance that we had to find before our deadline with H.M.R.C. So have Vale's administrators managed a tweak in the rules??? ( as I understood them )

At the time of our financial peril...we were told Admin was not an option???? If Ilyas & our current Chairman hadn't stumped up with the balance of the £308k bill we'd have gone to the wall.....AGAIN !!!

According to the Beeb teletext and websites....their players are seeking advice from the P.F.A. about the legality of the contracts they've been offered..supposedly by the administrators

That in itself suggests their players want out of a potentially sinking ship.

I can't fathom how these administrators seem to think they have found their way around a rule...which...although I was slightly unsure of....was reasonably confident the penalty resulted in starting the following season with a negative points balance, IF they remained in Admin at the start of the following season !!!

This.... if true .....makes a mockery of our efforts a couple of years ago.....I can just see it now...they'll stay in admin until bailed out...the money will turn up from somewhere....massive investment in playing squad....promotion...Totally stinks to me.

For other examples of multiple administrations and subsequent recovery back to being a prominent force in the lower leagues look no further than....Rotherham and Bournemouth...

Perish the day....and hopefully it will never happen again.... the dark clouds of impending financial ruin came to hover around the Crown again...does anyone think we'll get away with it again???? Would we get away without a points deduction in a similiar scenario????

I think not.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 10-08-2012 at 00:51. Reason: Missing Info
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:24   #15
God Member

i'm not entirely sure what the situation is at Port Vale but from what I understand the contracts offered to them are short term contracts issued by the Administrators pending a takeover that is imminent (kind of).

The issue of a points deduction is irrelevant because they took the hit last season instead. There is a certain date whereby any administration after it results in the deduction rolling over to the following season. To their credit they took the hit whilst still in with a shout of the play offs.

The reason why administration wasn't an option for us was because the entire debt was to the tax dudes - who want all their money or foreclosure. When the debt is made of various sources there are numerous avenues that can be taken, one of which is administration. The Administrators will come in and raise what funds they can by whatever means they can, whilst ensuring that as many of the running costs can be met as possible.

The lessons to be learnt here are that;
  • you must pay your legal obligations in a timely fashion
  • you can rack up as large a debt as you like to everyone else but you must do it quickly then you can fire off 90% or more of it in one fell (foul) swoop.

I believe that a large portion of the Vale debt is something to do with the local council who loaned them a large sum of money to invest in one of their stands, which houses a load of community type stuff. The 'good' thing about their entire situation is that their debts haven't been racked up as a result of trying to buy the league.

Rotherham on the other hand ....
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..