Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Chimer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2015, 09:02   #1
God Member

Top Seven.

At this stage of the season last year 6 of the top 7 finished the season in the top 7 only Luton dropping out to be replaced by Stevenage, I think that the table as pretty much ironed itself into shape, what are our chances of maintaining a top 7 place, personally I think November could be a crucial month take out the cup all the rest of the games are again,st bottom 12 teams these are games to me where you need to be taking maximum points and come Xmas we,ll be their or their abouts. That will bring the January window and the question will be do we add in a position of strength if the right player becomes available, tough decision who,d be a manager.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2015, 09:23   #2
God Member

Re: Top Seven.

cant see any reason apart from horrendous injury crisis we cant stay in the position we are in at least. a couple of decent loan players to cover any gaps in the squad if needed should do the trick. be positive and believe.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:35   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think monkey hangers summed it up about right. injuries apart i can see very little our present squad needs.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:46   #4
Senior Member+

I don't think the January window will be about who we can add, it will be who we can keep
Old 05-11-2015, 13:06   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I don't think the January window will be about who we can add, it will be who we can keep
Most players are under 24 anyway so we will get compensation either way, just a decision whether to risk keeping them and see what we get as compensation or sell them and hope we can still make playoffs without em!
Old 05-11-2015, 13:08   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If thats the case would be silly to release in Jan, unless we get a ridiculous offer imho.?
Old 05-11-2015, 13:43   #7
Senior Member+

I suspect the unwritten deal is "we can only pay you in buttons, but if someone comes in offering you more, we won't stand in your way". If I'm right, it wouldn't be a good idea to renege on it if we want to use it in future .....

Bit of a Catch-22 really. As is the thought of keeping everyone, winning promotion, and then losing the "stars" in the summer with League 1 looming .

But isn't it nice to be worrying about this sort of thing for a change?
Old 05-11-2015, 14:04   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I aint worrying at all. dont do those things, only worry about summat i can influence.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..