Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Torquay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Sorry guys, but unless you have "smart" TV's which show things outside the camera picture, the replay is inconclusive. At the moment Rommy hits the ball Will is not in the picture and only appears when the camera pans to follow the shot. Be honest, how many of us were watching Will when Rommy shot? Only those who were in line with the play can say whether he was offside or not. Where were you standing, Bernard Dawson?
I was stood in the whinney hill side where I always stand, just behind the linesman. It doesn't matter now. There not going to change it are they.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2013, 11:06   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
just look at the impact Aldred had.
For a young un he is a big lad and highly rated and sure he wont let anyone down
Happen as well, according to a tweet last night Hughes is out for the season
Old 03-03-2013, 11:06   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry guys, but unless you have "smart" TV's which show things outside the camera picture, the replay is inconclusive. At the moment Rommy hits the ball Will is not in the picture and only appears when the camera pans to follow the shot. Be honest, how many of us were watching Will when Rommy shot? Only those who were in line with the play can say whether he was offside or not. Where were you standing, Bernard Dawson?
I was stood on the Whinney Hill side where I always stand. Just behind the linesman. It doesn't matter now. There not going to change it are they.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:48   #49
Senior Member+

Looking at the still off twitter from Podge and what I saw on the football league show, we were certainly robbed of one goal, unfortunately, it does not show the alleged penalty incident.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03   #50

We cant complain about us not getting a penalty - they had one denied where Murph slid through a bloke well after the ball was played but the Ref missed it because he had followed the ball
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24   #51
Senior Member+

Two areas of consolation for LEAM !...

1. The consecutive clean sheets !!.....and

2. That six points only cover the bottom TEN Teams in League 2...

Do'nt these indicators also give us all some reason to take a more optimistic view of the current squad's ability to remain a part of The Football League....???.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:45   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Happen as well, according to a tweet last night Hughes is out for the season
A tweet from whom???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:47   #53
Senior Member+

Ignore that, just seen Dany Robson's tweet.

Bad news. Though I have 100% confidence in Aldred.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
A tweet from whom???
Dany tweeted
Old 03-03-2013, 13:11   #55
Senior Member+

Leam needs to be given a little bit of credit,he could have easily ran with Bohan and Eckersley,but took a chance with Aldred and Linganzi as direct replacements.Anyone think it was a mistake?,I think it's a good decision,although I hope they come back with a bit of form under there belts.
I think Hatfield is just a victim of our system,good player,but were does he fit in?,for me his best position is just behind the front man and making late runs (Sean macc role!)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 15:12   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I was stood on the Whinney Hill side where I always stand. Just behind the linesman. It doesn't matter now. There not going to change it are they.
No, they are not, but that pic on twitter should be enlarged and pinned up in every ref's dressing room as the classic liner's mistake. What happened to the attacker being given the benefit of the doubt in close offside calls, or did I dream that one up? I blame the old gits near the Whinney Hill shed for giving the replacement liner abuse in the earlier penalty incident. Got his own back, didn't he, the swine?http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...es/biggrin.gif
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 16:30   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ah.... that's better. We wuz robbed!
Judging from that still we definitely wuz! I was watching Rommy, not Will, but he isn't even close to offside. I also believed then, and still do, that the penalty was a penalty - contact looked to be well inside the box ...... Anyone got a photo of that?
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:04   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I was also convinced twas in the box,Reckon the officials were related to Dick Turpin.
Old 03-03-2013, 17:11   #59
God Member

Personally I think Peter played very well yesterday. His positioning was good and he won the majority of his personal battles. He's employed as a ball-winner in midfield and I think he is doing well at it. He walks a line with his attitude on the pitch and he narrowly avoided red for a lunge yesterday afternoon, but you can't fault his commitment. He'll only get better at his midfield role as well which is promising.

Murphy's midfield partner Joyce did indeed have a stinker, and although I can empathise with the relief felt when he was substituted, some of the jeers around the ground were uncalled for. He's one of ours after all. He'll know he had a bad day at the office. I'd have Linganzi to start in his place next time out.

Overall I thought we played fairly well and though the resulting draw was unfair due to a painfully incorrect decision from the liner, we didn't deserve to come out rampant winners either.

We contained Howe effectively (Tom and Dean must take a great deal of credit for this) and rarely did their runners get behind our back four. The lack of confidence in the shaky Rachubka weirdly works well for us as the defenders think twice about their line. Paul has got to improve on his kicking and commanding though - for a player of his experience he has simply not been good enough. Bavs is back on the golf course and pushing to get back in before the season is out.

I have to agree that our movement needs work. This is epitomised in the lack of options available when we get a throw in the oppo half - we are a joy to defend against in these situations because the forwards don't move well enough. Once Linny is back I'd like to see Boco and Gray up front with Craig out wide. Gray is lively and has been a revelation in his short run of starting appearances, but can't rely on Beattie's scraps as these are too few and far between.

Lots of positives to take from the game (none moreso than the second successive clean sheet) but certainly more work to do to ensure we are safe from relegation.
football19 likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:39   #60
Senior Member+

100% agree with you Shaker,although I thought Rommy was worth a mention, just hope the pull he had hasn't got worse as he put a right shift in.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..