Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2013, 10:50   #1
Resting in Peace

Torquay thread

Here goes, as requested.
I would like to see Leam start with the subs and those subbed last night, Gray, Wilson, Linganzi and Gareth Bale all on from the start. Thoughts?
smobile likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2013, 11:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Torquay thread

your first pre-match thread against Rochdale was a resouding success, here is hoping for
for a long run of success for both you and the reds,
ps. when did you forget about your cold after the first second or third goal
best regards Bob
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 11:51   #3
Full Member+

12 games left, 36 points available, would take us to 72.

Last season Crewe sneaked into the last play-off place on 72.

Crewe were the in form side and romped the play-offs and were promoted to League 1.

Well we can dream a little but, THIS IS STANLEY we all know absolutely anything can happen between now and the last day of the season.

KEEP THE FAITH, WEAR THE SHIRT, EAT THE PIE!

ON STANLEY ON

Old 27-02-2013, 12:36   #4
Senior Member+

Start with the same XI that finished last night for me
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 12:41   #5
Senior Member+

Start with the subs.
It essential we dont get beat on Saturday, to maintain the momentum and add to the points total.
A win is our target but a draw would keep us heading to the 50 point mark.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 13:05   #6
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=accybeme;1044181]your first pre-match thread against Rochdale was a resouding success, here is hoping for
for a long run of success for both you and the reds,
ps. when did you forget about your cold after the first second or third goal
best regards Bob[/QUote)
Ha ha! Bob and I were shivering throughout the first half and moved to the hotter air in front of the Ultras in the second. Still damn cold but after the second goal we both remarked how hot we were now feeling! The cold never bothered us after that.
Old 27-02-2013, 13:16   #7
God Member

someone to mark the bejeezus out of that Mansell fella, Nigel always seems to score against us
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 13:17   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Start with the same XI that finished last night for me
I would normally agree with that but with last night's euphoria wearing off and in the cold light of today, I thought we were a touch lucky not to have been 2 or3 goals down at half time. The problem seemed to me that our 2 holding midfielders, although battling well, were absolutely non-productive in a creative sense. Both opted to move the ball forward without the faintest ability to find a team mate and this enabled Rochdale to come flooding back at us with their neat approach play, threatening to overwhelm our backline worryingly. Linganzi and you know who solved that problem, but I think keeping Gray and Wilson in the starting 11 would give us a formidable attacking line-up without compromising our defence. Agree with others that Aldred was immense!
Old 27-02-2013, 14:45   #9
Senior Member+

It would be 4-3-3 for me,murph/linganzi/joyce in the middle,beattie/bocco/wilson or moly up front.
I would also contemplate giving Dawber a go in goals,just look at the impact Aldred had.
For a young un he is a big lad and highly rated and sure he wont let anyone down
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 23:32   #10
Senior Member+

The momentum is with us now after two sterling performances and Leam and the boys must be looking forward to our next match against Torquay on Saturday. They are only one point above us and we can leapfrog them and start to move up the table!
Well done Leam, Lee and the team after Tuesday night. More of the same please.
KEEP THE FAITH......COME ON YOU REDS!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 09:54   #11
Senior Member+

In theory, Stanley could be as high as 18th on Saturday evening.
Here is the fixture list for Saturday (thanks to the BBC for the list)
AccringtonvTorquay
15:00
AldershotvGillingham
Bristol RoversvBurton Albion
CheltenhamvWimbledon
Dag & RedvChesterfield
ExetervNorthampton
MorecambevRochdale
Oxford UtdvPort Vale
PlymouthvBarnet
SouthendvRotherham
WycombevFleetwood
YorkvBradford

If Gillingham win, Barnet and Plymouth draw and Burton beat Bristol Rovers, and most importantly, we win, play offs here we come (probably not, but at least a little safer).
Most importantly, the team must keep up the momentum from Tuesday night's excellent result. I personally do not care who starts, providing the result is favourable to Stanley

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 13:34   #12
Senior Member+

Agree with Davo,a win would be great but a draw would be ok.

They will be set up to counter attack us,so its important we dont conceed early and give them something to hold onto.

They are going to be direct and play off Howe(whos a big lad!!),so the defenders will have a different challenge to the one on tuesday.

If we score first,i fancy us to get three points
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 15:09   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
12 games left, 36 points available, would take us to 72.

Last season Crewe sneaked into the last play-off place on 72.

Crewe were the in form side and romped the play-offs and were promoted to League 1.

Well we can dream a little but, THIS IS STANLEY we all know absolutely anything can happen between now and the last day of the season.

KEEP THE FAITH, WEAR THE SHIRT, EAT THE PIE!

ON STANLEY ON

Mmm. 250/1 to finish in the top 7. Shall I risk a tenner?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 18:28   #14

Re: Re: Torquay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Mmm. 250/1 to finish in the top 7. Shall I risk a tenner?
Never in a million years ;-) I backed em on Tues and wss biting my nails at 3/1 nevermind 250/1
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 13:13   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=football19;1044350]
They are going to be direct and play off Howe(whos a big lad!!),[/QUOTE]

Agree with that, 19. It was Howe who destroyed Stanley down at Plainmoor and, in my mind, Stanley's performance (or lack of it) that day was the start of their recent troubles. Whether they stop Howe directly or stop him getting the ball in the first place, he can be a real danger man. But, as much as Torquay away was the start of Stanley's troubles, I'm really hoping that Rochdale away is the start of a different run of fortune for the club.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..