Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2010, 21:26   #76

Re: Torquay utd match thread

ffs! This is the worst season ever. Grimsby are going to be relegated and Accy aren't going to hit the play offs
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2010, 21:34   #77
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeogtfc View Post
ffs! This is the worst season ever. Grimsby are going to be relegated and Accy aren't going to hit the play offs

I think we'll make it to the play offs and give it our best shot; but I'm not sure we'll go up. I'm sorry about Grimsby, don't like to see any club go down. Stay true you will get another shot at it.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 21:35   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

still think we are capable of the playoffs, most of remainder are home games, if home record this season can be maintained can see no reason why not, huge disapointment today, was not at torquay but think a bit OTT about Kempson.
Old 27-02-2010, 23:05   #79
Senior Member+

All i can say is Chris Turner, he changed the game for us today, came one and gave us something we was asking for all game, width and crosses into the box, he came on and within 2mins he had a cross into symes who barely missed than on his second cross symes scores, surely this has to make him start next game with miles rest! not much can say about the game, really gutted about the loss, we played well with the ball on the ground, ryan looked to pick up a knock in second half aswell as edwards, and how thay torquay player stayed on the pitch when i he hacked/chopped/crushed turners legs away il never know. If we had started with turner we would of won, he was doing what his song says, making defenders look S**** quality

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 23:09   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have been pulling me hair out wondering why Turner aint had a run, hope yer right MCR n he gets one now.
Old 27-02-2010, 23:15   #81
Senior Member+

Everyone in the stand today, said when turner came on he changed the game, they just could not handle his runs down the wings, and his crosses in the box where inch perfect, i also wish that when we have a cornor we cross it into the box instead of short passes, twice we had a cornor and we did short passes which ended with the ball on the halfway line.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 23:21   #82

Just got in. disappointed we lost. great support from the ultras. We we werent up for it in the first half. Big difference when Turner came on, we played with more passion and the boy surely should start games with his obvious skill running at players and supplying balls into the box. Breath of fresh air. Perhaps could have put on another sub later on Miles looked tired. Long long day Bed for me.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 01:16   #83
Full Member+

Smile Re: Torquay utd match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
All i can say is Chris Turner, he changed the game for us today, came one and gave us something we was asking for all game, width and crosses into the box, he came on and within 2mins he had a cross into symes who barely missed than on his second cross symes scores, surely this has to make him start next game with miles rest! not much can say about the game, really gutted about the loss, we played well with the ball on the ground, ryan looked to pick up a knock in second half aswell as edwards, and how thay torquay player stayed on the pitch when i he hacked/chopped/crushed turners legs away il never know. If we had started with turner we would of won, he was doing what his song says, making defenders look S**** quality

I Like the sound of this. I've been chippin in my mate's ear for the last I don't know how long that we need more width. Bring it on . A match fit Turner will be like a new signing just in time for the run in. 'Wheels Off' - no way , this is the best season yet
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 07:41   #84
God Member

I don't doubt than anybody who has ever seen Chris play will disagree that the lad is a natural talent in my eyes probably the best that has come through the ranks at the Club.

Natural crowd pleaser who can turn full backs inside out, create crosses & chances whilst also forcing defenders to give away set pieces in dangerous positions.

Now Coley does have a dilema width & natural balance or stick with what he has?

That's a nice dilema to have

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 10:10   #85

Unfortunately I dont feel the management will agree. They dont appear to like too much change.
Hope you are right though. I like the excitement of a challenge and I too still feel that the play offs are not yet out of reach if there are slight changes and we play to our strengths.
Tough game saturday though.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 15:36   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Totally agree the whole back line is always on edge when a certain Mr Dunbavin is in goal IMHO
Don't put the blame on Bav's either, neither goal his fault and I was there. Bav's has been playing well of late, in fact if you must blame anybody, blame the officials, because both goals were offside and not flagged. Chris Turner nearly had his leg broken and yet it is only a yellow card not a straight red which it should have been due to the dangerousness of the tackle. Fould committed by Torquay left unpunished. No don't blame players, blame officials, trouble is, they are all as bad in League 2, 1, championship and premiership, must be coz Fergie et al say so.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 18:06   #87
Senior Member+

Well having just got back from a superb weekend here are my views on the game.

Was generally disappointing, and to be honest we didnt deserve to win. 2 Bright notes from the game are without doubt Turner, who was simply brilliant when he came on, he changed the game simple as that. Running at defenders, could have had a penalty and sent in a magnificent ball in for Symes's goal. HE MUST be in the starting XI against Notts County simple as.

Was really pleased for Symes scoring aswell, he had his best game in weeks.

However we cant hide the fact YET AGAIN Miles was woeful. I really need to know what he had contributed this season apart from last Saturday for 10 minutes and the FA Cup against Gillingham????? I quote a relatively new stanley supporter from the stanley end who has watched Liverpool for 28 years...... "Whoever number 7 is playing on the left wing is without doubt the laziest player ive ever seen and stanley are carrying him"

I rest my case there im afraid.

As for the rest of the side....

Bavs, Made a great save in the 1st half but how many late goals have we conceded with Bouza between the sticks??? None!!!

Lees, Decent game nothing special
Winnard, See Above
Edwards, Good game again, very composed.
Kempson, Sorry to say looked quite poor, and yet another OG , thats 3 BAD mistakes, maybe its time to give Flynn a chance on Saturday if hes back from Ireland???

Ryan, Worked his socks off as always
Joyce, Massively disappointed to be subbed and rightly so when we have that clown on the wing.
Proccy, Drifted in and out of the game again
Miles, Yet Again, VERY poor in my opinion. Lazy and did nothing for 90 minutes and cant even beat the 1st man on corners so why is he taking them??????

Symes, Great goal and had his best game for weeks
Grant, Busy as normal, should have scored, but was always in the action.

Subs

Turner, Simply brilliant for half an hour, genuine wide quality, brillaint ball in for Symes's goal and could have had a penalty, MUST be in against Notts County, simple as!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 18:16   #88
God Member

Turner was crap
Miles I thought was good
Crap stewarding
unfriendly people in a dump of a town
crap pubs and poor beer
no atmosphere at all in the pubs or the ground
a thoroughly enjoyable 7 hour coach journey
Old 28-02-2010, 18:30   #89
Senior Member+

god i love u mate lol
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 18:36   #90

he forgot about the over flowing breakfast plate!
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..