Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2020, 08:37   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Tranmere (home) thread

we all agree we were ****..... everyones allowed to say that. But win and no one posts, lose and its all Seamus fault, wrong team picked, wrong players bought, mickly mouse attitude..... when in reality we are a Conf side with a great manager who can use a bottom L2 budget and perform miracles. Dissect the performance by all means, but with a bit of realism and sensibility.

On Stanley On!
Best little club in the world bar none

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2020, 12:20   #62

That's not true though.... plenty of praise and discussion when we win. And that praise can be from the same people who might have moaned from the previous week.

Of course there will be negative posts after a defeat, but there's also praise for players that do well.
I agree that there's too much personal abuse on here. Calling people "imbeciles" not really necessary, but nothing wrong with robust and wildly different points of view.

Some people love Seamus, some don't. Overall it seems to even itself out.... what's wrong with that?
cashman, pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:33   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its a load of cobblers to me, hughes was having a bad time early on in season as was seamus both players improved quite a bit and did well, yeh always get stuff like this on any club site ive been on, those who cant see that dont really want too i think.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 09-03-2020, 13:30   #64
Full Member+

no issues with praise or criticism, as long as it is justified with reasoning.
that seems to be missing a lot on here.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 13:38   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
we all agree we were ****..... everyones allowed to say that. But win and no one posts, lose and its all Seamus fault, wrong team picked, wrong players bought, mickly mouse attitude..... when in reality we are a Conf side with a great manager who can use a bottom L2 budget and perform miracles. Dissect the performance by all means, but with a bit of realism and sensibility.

On Stanley On!
Best little club in the world bar none
Jase. I don’t post when we lose a match because I do not want to appear to be negative. Some people post when we lose and make sensible observations but then get called ‘Cretins’ or ‘Dense’. I simply don’t want to be targeted like that. When we Win on the other hand, I do post and I am always very positive. It is a real shame that the focus has changed from ‘Celebrating Success’ to ‘Throwing Insults’.
I would just like everyone to be more polite and positive!
ON STANLEY ON.
KEEP THE FAITH.
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 14:27   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
That's not true though.... plenty of praise and discussion when we win. And that praise can be from the same people who might have moaned from the previous week.

Of course there will be negative posts after a defeat, but there's also praise for players that do well.
I agree that there's too much personal abuse on here. Calling people "imbeciles" not really necessary, but nothing wrong with robust and wildly different points of view.

Some people love Seamus, some don't. Overall it seems to even itself out.... what's wrong with that?
I'll tell you what's wrong with that. Posters making personal comments (unfounded) about his personal life style.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 15:16   #67
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I'll tell you what's wrong with that. Posters making personal comments (unfounded) about his personal life style.
Correct me if I'm wrong mate, but are you saying that Seamus DOESN'T frequent Stringfellows Gentlemans Club!?!?!

Well I never, I was wrong all along
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 16:33   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
its what the lad does on the pitch is what we should be on about. for me its a funny subject as he is not my favourite player but no one can argue that when he plays stanley do seem to play better. when he has a decent game so do the rest of the lads.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 17:23   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong mate, but are you saying that Seamus DOESN'T frequent Stringfellows Gentlemans Club!?!?!

Well I never, I was wrong all along
I cant see Seamus upsetting the Pope ........ let alone his beautiful wife.
Old 09-03-2020, 17:50   #70

Twenty Eight / I agree that his personal life is of no consequence, but how many people are arsed about it? Just one bloke on here? Just ignore it.
Old 09-03-2020, 19:27   #71
Senior Member+

I can be arsed Sir.
He’s family and we are a close family.
Take a look at that persons posting history.
Anyway shut it down.
He’s made it personal.
I will deal with it personally.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:55   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Frustrating home defeat, if we had won I feel we could have felt safe but we have handed the submarines an olive branch and I feel we need 2 wins to make sure we maintain are hard fought league 1 status.
The game, first 10 minutes we started off really well, Clark and Johnson caused lots of problems. They scored there goal, Bursik mistake but I suppose all goalies have them occasionally. We shouldn't have allowed a header on goal in the first place. After this we struggled to get playing again. I don't remember Scott Davies having to make a decent save from this point. There second goal I feel finlay could have cleared his lines.
Despite Scott Davies profercating the home fans there is absolutely no place for spitting on him. A terrible example to set to our young fans.
The team tried there best but it just wasn't to be.
Good flag display and minutes silence before hand.
It's going to be tough ahead with our defensive injuries and suspensions along with difficult fixtures but hopefully we can scramble the necessary points.
I watched the video of the chap (Harry Stephenson) that died this morning/recently. Truly inspirational and emotionally, helps remind you of the spirit of our club and how we need to vocally support them to get them over the safety line so we can sing, "the Stanley's staying up!"

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Ban issued!!

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...lub-statement/

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:01   #73
God Member

Good!
Hope it can be enforced.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 13:49   #74

How long is the ban?
Might be a good idea if people like this who want to come back are given some sort of club related community service first. Not as a punishment, but some way to see the good that the club does for the town and how everyone can play a part to keep it that way and take pride in it?
MikeA and KiTChener like this.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:11   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Good!
Hope it can be enforced.
thats what i have always thought with match banning orders. all you need to do is change your appearance slightly like wearing different clothes, hairstyle and beards etc and you,ll hardly be recognised. doubt any of his mates would dob him in either.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..