Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2022, 09:48   #1
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

tranmere last night.

J.C. s summary was pretty accurate i thought.we should have murdered them. they were never a threat, we sat back for the last 20 mins which to me was stupid,we gave Tranmere the game.the players need to wake up you cannot do that,unless we learn that lesson we will be knackered i think.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2022, 11:10   #2
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: tranmere last night.

Watching the Ďhighlightsí (sic), it seemed inevitable that Joe Pritchard would not score his penalty after he had three near misses in open play.
Good to see him back on the pitch and, hopefully, heíll bag one soon.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:37   #3
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: tranmere last night.

was not pritchards fault i thought, this game should NEVER have gone to penalties the fact it did i blame the team for thinking we had won it.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 13:42   #4
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: tranmere last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was not pritchards fault i thought, this game should NEVER have gone to penalties the fact it did i blame the team for thinking we had won it.
Wasnít picking on Joe Pritchard, Cashy. Just sodís law scoring opportunities didnít go his way last night.
Always thought 2-0 is a dangerous score line, worse than 1-0 in many ways as you know you canít relax with a single goal lead, but two goals can give a false sense of the job being done.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 13:53   #5
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: tranmere last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Wasnít picking on Joe Pritchard, Cashy. Just sodís law scoring opportunities didnít go his way last night.
Always thought 2-0 is a dangerous score line, worse than 1-0 in many ways as you know you canít relax with a single goal lead, but two goals can give a false sense of the job being done.
to me mate thats exactly what happened last night, hope coley drums it into them.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 13:58   #6
Senior Member
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: tranmere last night.

Let's not dress this up. Last night's 1st round defeat against lower opposition on our own turf is a massive blow - not to mention a huge loss of cup revenue.
Stanley seem to have a tendency of starting off like a rocket, then fading faster than a damp squib.
It happened against Charlton, when we allowed them to score in the 94th minute, our blushes saved by a 96th minute equaliser.
The same thing again last night.
Begining to think it's a mental thing, it can't be down to stamina.
All the opposition need to do is up their game 2nd half & panic sets in.
Perhaps the biggest disappointment is that the early optimism that we had a squad who could see games out has evaporated overnight.
cashman likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 14:16   #7
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: tranmere last night.

we could possibly have won if we had a decent gate behind us?
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 15:08   #8
Senior Member+
 

Re: tranmere last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
we could possibly have won if we had a decent gate behind us?
Nonsense !
How many were at Shrewsbury ?
Nothing to do with supporters all to do with the 11 on the pitch.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 15:17   #9
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: tranmere last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Nonsense !
How many were at Shrewsbury ?
Nothing to do with supporters all to do with the 11 on the pitch.
thats nonsense to me but you know better.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 16:42   #10
God Member
 

Re: tranmere last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Let's not dress this up. Last night's 1st round defeat against lower opposition on our own turf is a massive blow - not to mention a huge loss of cup revenue.
Stanley seem to have a tendency of starting off like a rocket, then fading faster than a damp squib.
It happened against Charlton, when we allowed them to score in the 94th minute, our blushes saved by a 96th minute equaliser.
The same thing again last night.
Begining to think it's a mental thing, it can't be down to stamina.
All the opposition need to do is up their game 2nd half & panic sets in.
Perhaps the biggest disappointment is that the early optimism that we had a squad who could see games out has evaporated overnight.
It's not all doom and gloom we started without Hamilton who would be in my starting 11 but Coley choose to give others a chance fans quickly forget we really should have been 4-0 up at half time two heading chances that should have been converted . Think the changes at half time didn't help Longelo was having a great game pity he was cramping up. But we gave two silly goals away first one came from a throw in at their own corner flag and the second one why oh why give a free kick away there with 30 seconds to play plenty to learn on game management has for penalties they are a lottery and credit to Tranmere they were much improved after half time. We move on league to me is more important than a cup we aren't going to win although I admit a money spinning run would be nice back to best 11 on the pitch against Burton and let's beat them and the season will have got of to a good start still unbeaten over 90 minutes don't forget.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 17:01   #11
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: tranmere last night.

dont think anyone there forget the game should have been put to bed at half time andy. to me it was the fact that 20mins or so to go we took our foot off the gas simple as.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 17:03   #12
God Member
 

Re: tranmere last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont think anyone there forget the game should have been put to bed at half time andy. to me it was the fact that 20mins or so to go we took our foot off the gas simple as.
As I said we need to up our game management.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 17:15   #13
Full Member+
 

Re: tranmere last night.

I don't think the club wants to be in this cup. A bit daft charging £20 too.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 17:23   #14
God Member
 

Re: tranmere last night.

Ipswich, Luton and Reading all lost in normal time at home to lower league opposition it happens.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 17:45   #15
Full Member
 

Re: tranmere last night.

It happens quite a lot to Stanley.
Happens a lot to teams who switch off for 45 mins too.
Not had a good cup run for ages.


If they dont care about this tourney maybe don't charge so much for admission.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.35528 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1