Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2013, 22:57   #46
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Tranmere thread

Top and bottom of it is that the club made a big mistake,the day they allowed Lew to leave the club,the shop under Lew was making money for the club
Old 23-07-2013, 08:13   #47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Top and bottom of it is that the club made a big mistake,the day they allowed Lew to leave the club,the shop under Lew was making money for the club
Yep, you're right, Mab. However, from what Dave's said, at least there was an alternative on offer - free space in his shop right in the middle of town and goods on a sale or return basis. So why was his offer ignored?...pride?....stupidity?...apathy? The fact that not one representative of the club has the bottle to come on here and talk about it speaks volumes to me.

You know me well enough, Mab, it's in my blood and I'll go on buying my season ticket, purchasing merchandise (if I can find any!) and I might even sponsor another player this season (despite the non-arrival of my Toto shirt) because I'm daft like that as Mrs H often reminds me. However, I'll do it all with a very jaundiced view of the people who run our club - drunken revels (for want of a better phrase) and breweries spring to mind!
mab likes this.
Old 23-07-2013, 08:19   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yep, you're right, Mab. However, from what Dave's said, at least there was an alternative on offer - free space in his shop right in the middle of town and goods on a sale or return basis. So why was his offer ignored?...pride?....stupidity?...apathy? The fact that not one representative of the club has the bottle to come on here and talk about it speaks volumes to me.

You know me well enough, Mab, it's in my blood and I'll go on buying my season ticket, purchasing merchandise (if I can find any!) and I might even sponsor another player this season (despite the non-arrival of my Toto shirt) because I'm daft like that as Mrs H often reminds me. However, I'll do it all with a very jaundiced view of the people who run our club - drunken revels (for want of a better phrase) and breweries spring to mind!
I know fer fact that this thread has been read by people at the club, so it stands to reason to me, that info has been passed to the right sources, n still sod all, that speaks volumes,
Old 23-07-2013, 14:53   #49
Resting in Peace

How come Morecambe fans are getting their season tickets this week and ours are still miles away? Could it be something to do with our moving so many home fixtures to Friday?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 18:12   #50

It's frustrating when the club shop has no tee shirts on sale in the height of a summer heatwave, and it's frustrating when they have no club sou'westers on sale once the monsoon season starts.
But I do think we should cut the "powers that be" a bit of slack. The club is really run on an absolute shoestring, which is part of the charm of the club. 4 years ago I went to one game at Newcastle United. Now it seems that every day I get an email offering me the chance to proudly advertise Wonga or wear the new training kit or avail myself of the latest Toon Army duvet cover. I wouldn't want Stanley to end up like this.
We don't have the sales volumes to speculate on ordering merchandise but I am sure that with better marketing we could shift more (even putting aside lancsdave's shop offer)

Reading this thread, some of the penny-pinching attitude of previous regimes still hangs on to this day. I hope that the club can put that behind us - remember last season when the online shop was offline for weeks: how much lost revenue did that cost the club?
On the field we are a (sometimes) decent League 2 team. Off the field we are little more than Conference North.
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 20:49   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Oh my mistake, never realised part of our charm was letting life long fans down,who sponsor shirts n get sod all. There is NO slack at all should be cut fer things like that.
Wynonie Harris and DAV007 like this.
Old 23-07-2013, 21:21   #52
Super Moderator

I certainly won't be cutting them any slack. Yes, the club's on a shoestring budget, but they don't help themselves. Dave offered them a great merchandising opportunity but they ignored it - why?

And now we find that posters were displayed for tonight's match with the wrong KO time on. Just how amateurish can you get?

And what about our season tickets? Surely, the club has learnt from its mistakes of the past and we'll get them before the start of the season...won't we?
Old 23-07-2013, 23:38   #53
Super Moderator

Ko time was wrong as Google Page Ranking company don't ask questions!!

Season ticket launch will be 8th of August; why do we need them sooner?

All sponsors need to be changed (on season tickets) so thank goodness we've no old tickets left!!

Guess we're getting loads wrong!! But so glad we look at our costs, don't waste much, have multi tasking staff and get the odd thing wrong!! Better than having mascot co-ordinators, head of retail stategy and director of multi media marketing!!

rant over!!

Last edited by Mr T; 23-07-2013 at 23:38. Reason: spelling
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 06:50   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

All sponsors need to be changed (on season tickets) so thank goodness we've no old tickets left!!

Guess we're getting loads wrong!! But so glad we look at our costs, don't waste much, have multi tasking staff and get the odd thing wrong!! Better than having mascot co-ordinators, head of retail stategy and director of multi media marketing!!

rant over!!
Rant all yeh want MrT, And if yeh read the threads the reason season tickets should be out Pre-season has been explained already. Excuses for rank bad admin are not good enough in my view n probably many other fans, everyone is aware people have to multi-task cos of our finances, But still no excuse fer not mentioning or tackling the fact that people have put hard earned cash into sponsoring shirts n have never even had n answer never mind the shirt they sponsered. By the way this aint a rant its just plain fact.
Old 24-07-2013, 07:21   #55
God Member

Quote:

rant over!!
Mark I think we all to a degree accept as we always have that there are limitations to some things the Club can do and can't do.

Season Tickets why can't they be posted out?

The Launch Night other than a tweet answer and yours on here as far as I am aware has not Been mentioned anywhere else so how are people supposed to know?

The season has already kicked off! people regardless of who like something tangible in their hand for their money, what about fans who can't make the Evening they then collect presumably on the day of the Pompey game?

These are all things people need to know but not a word anywhere.

People who Sponsor shirts we have been here before somebody at the Club has to be accountable for them and ensuring they get to their particular Sponsor.

Communication goes a long way to answering people's questions & perceptions but usually with us the Horse has left the Stable.

Most business's in the Country are having to deal with reduced budgets and less staffing with the Current Economy but you have to evolve and fight even harder to make things happen ASFC are no different.
cashman likes this.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 07:29   #56
God Member

The Launch Night will James Beattie be on hand?

Is there some-kind of Q & A being planned, a media day, a family day involving meeting the Players?

Is there a Shareholders AGM planned?

Again all key communication tools but are there plans to use them?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 08:31   #57
Super Moderator

Cool Re: Tranmere thread

Quote:

rant over!!
What's that got to do with a big poster outside the ground? Is it really beyond the wit of somebody at the club to nip outside and alter the poster physically? At least two fans turned up late because of this - two disgruntled customers! With the size of our fan base, every customer counts!

Season tickets should be ready before the start of the season, firstly, because it's simply the professional thing to do. But more importantly, those who can't make it will now have the hassle of getting their tickets before the busiest game of the season when scores of fans will be using the shop and ticket office.

You talk about looking at your costs, so once again, I ask why didn't the club take up Dave's offer - space in a town centre outlet free? A golden opportunity and the club ignored it! Why?

As for the non-arrival of my sponsored shirt, I mentioned this yesterday. Any reasonably competent, customer-responsive organisation would have been in touch offering to sort it out. Apart from anything else, it's just good Google Page Ranking. The fact that this hasn't happened speaks volumes about the attitude of the club. No need to worry though, as I love Stanley so much, I'll still be sponsoring a player for this coming season.

We're all looking forward to what could be a very exciting season on the pitch. The club needs to raise its game off the pitch to match that!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 24-07-2013 at 08:37.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 08:39   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ko time was wrong as Google Page Ranking company don't ask questions!!!
Whatever that means it's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. If the new KO time was posted on the fishy site, which it was, why on earth did someone not have the gumption to put a sticker over the Crown poster in good time? After all, many more people would have seen the poster from the bus than the few regulars who come on here. Pathetic.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 08:52   #59
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

As for the non-arrival of my sponsored shirt, I mentioned this yesterday. Any reasonably competent, customer-responsive organisation would have been in touch offering to sort it out. Apart from anything else, it's just good Google Page Ranking.
That should read "it's just good public relations" but it's somehow been mysteriously altered. Strange!
Old 24-07-2013, 09:12   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

1. Who is responsible for the sponsered shirt debacle?
  2. Season is long over, why has the issue not been addressed?
  3. As this is no minor issue,why has our M.D. not got involved?
These to me are perfectly reasonable questions.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..