Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2013, 16:28   #1
Resting in Peace

Tranmere thread

Wednesday night was a matter of bravely hanging on against the silky skills of the Premier League boys, although they never looked 200 times better per man than our lads, which the relative salaries would seem to suggest. 10 times, maybe. Today the boot was on the other foot and we had Tranmere hanging on at times, and to me, they looked the team from a lower league. Some exquisite one touch passing moves when homing in on goal, with every man aware of his mates' positions. Great to watch. Naismith and Webber were outstanding and I really hope we can sign them up. JB's biggest problem on this showing is who to leave out!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2013, 16:37   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Tranmere thread

Agree only really 1 team ever looked like winning the game, also the 2 yeh mentioned are a must in my eyes, Tranmere only nabbed the equaliser through a bad error by young Miller, The lad hopefully will learn from that, cos overall nobody had a poor game.
Wynonie Harris and smobile like this.
Old 20-07-2013, 19:19   #3
Super Moderator

Cracking game, looking strong in defence (apart from that slip up) and dangerous in attack. We really deserved to win this one. Just a pity there weren't more there to see it. One minor gripe - what's the point of having the club shop closed on a match day? You missed out on £30-£40 worth of T-shirt sales there!
Old 20-07-2013, 19:29   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Cracking game, looking strong in defence (apart from that slip up) and dangerous in attack. We really deserved to win this one. Just a pity there weren't more there to see it. One minor gripe - what's the point of having the club shop closed on a match day? You missed out on £30-£40 worth of T-shirt sales there!
I doubt they lost out on any t-shirt sales
Old 20-07-2013, 19:55   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I doubt they lost out on any t-shirt sales
Cashy said something similar, Dave. If that's right, then it's downright disgraceful. We're in the middle of a heatwave, two weeks before the new season starts and they don't have any T-shirts in stock? Pathetic, if true.
Old 20-07-2013, 20:43   #6
Super Moderator

Sadly we've got only hats and scarves in stock!!

If we'd have got some tee-shirts it would be the monsoon season!!

Guess our lack of stock is why the sun is shinning!!

Top result!!

Thank god it was dry last wednesday!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 21:55   #7
Super Moderator

Hats and scarves, just what we need at the moment, Mr T!

Well, you've missed out on some dosh from me and doubtless from others who fancied a T-shirt for their hols or just to wear around town. Still, I suppose Stanley are so cash-rich, they don't have to worry about revenue from merchandise.

Next you'll be telling us the season tickets won't be ready for the start of the season!
Redraine and cashman like this.
Old 21-07-2013, 07:04   #8

I enjoyed watching this game more than watching the Blue noses last week,not just because of the result, though we could have and should have won.
We matched Tranmere in all departments, and I left the ground optimistic for the season ahead.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2013, 09:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The shop was open. We was open from 1030 to 305. Lack of stock is a minor issue but that will be resolved once the stock arrives that has been ordered
Old 21-07-2013, 09:27   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyticketing View Post
The shop was open. We was open from 1030 to 305. Lack of stock is a minor issue but that will be resolved once the stock arrives that has been ordered
A very short sighted view IMHO, people who do not live local n try to purchase things when they do come oer, What good is that to those folk? Its gonna be the same wi season tickets again also i am led to believe. Not good enough.
Old 21-07-2013, 09:39   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Right, let's get this straight - the club shop is usually open BEFORE and AFTER the match. As we're not mind readers, it was not unreasonable to assume that this was going to be the case for the Tranmere match. Would it not have been logical to put a message on t'fishy site saying "the shop will only be open before the game for today's match"?

As for lack of stock being "a minor issue" I would say it's a pretty major issue in this pre-season period when people are thinking about buying their Stanley gear for the new season. Anyway, more importantly, are you going to be getting some T-shirts in and when will they be arriving?
Old 21-07-2013, 10:53   #12

Quote:
Lack of stock is a minor issue but that will be resolved once the stock arrives that has been ordered
Is this the official response from ASFC ?
Old 21-07-2013, 13:12   #13

I am sure that Stanley would be delighted to have the shop stocked to the gunnels but it is the off season and incoming revenue is like the proverbial hen's teeth! I am sure that there are pressing commitments that have to take priority as in wages, running costs etc.

Cash-rich? What a blissful situation that would be!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2013, 13:18   #14

I was under the impression it was Pre Season.
Old 21-07-2013, 13:32   #15

Whatever you wish. It does not change the situation.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..