Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2016, 21:04   #16
God Member

Re: Transparency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Sorry, getting beyond me now, can we not just talk about the football??
There are probably a million rules about getting the matched funding, not even discussed those yet and you're opting out
Old 22-02-2016, 21:05   #17
Full Member+

Good on Andy Holt but it does say that only the headers agreed with the council. but I hope it goes through. When Stanley are a league one club we need some real transparency but I feel the current MD won't allow too much of that. Rob Heys did a great job for the club overall. but so have the all the volunteers that will be swept aside. The new MD could not care less about people who have helped the club.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 21:14   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
There are probably a million rules about getting the matched funding, not even discussed those yet and you're opting out
Sorry, mate, not intending to 'opt out', just not understanding the financial implications of how we now have apparently 1.32mil at our disposal!
I await a simple explanation from anybody on here!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 21:28   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That money if i recall was from when we got promoted from conference, as i understand yeh got to put so much forward and the equivalent comes from the fund? its still yon cos stanley never had the money, also yeh must have a lease of at least 10 yrs as i understand things. of coarse if there was transparency as baldy says surely they would explain this better than me?
KiTChener likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 22-02-2016 at 21:35.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 21:37   #20

Quote:
Sorry, mate, not intending to 'opt out', just not understanding the financial implications of how we now have apparently 1.32mil at our disposal!
I await a simple explanation from anybody on here!
Its like those Tesco voucher things where if you have a £5 clubcard voucher you can double it up to £10.

For every pound the club put up you get a pound from the grant up to a maximum of £660k. Unless we put up money we get nothing and you only get the same amount of money you put up so if the Club put up £10k then they get a grant of another £10k, put up £50k you get a grant of £50k up to a maximum of put up £660k and get a grant of £660k making a total amount of £1.32 mil for putting up £660k
KiTChener likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 21:47   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Its like those Tesco voucher things where if you have a £5 clubcard voucher you can double it up to £10.

For every pound the club put up you get a pound from the grant up to a maximum of £660k. Unless we put up money we get nothing and you only get the same amount of money you put up so if the Club put up £10k then they get a grant of another £10k, put up £50k you get a grant of £50k up to a maximum of put up £660k and get a grant of £660k making a total amount of £1.32 mil for putting up £660k
Does that mean if it's on the Clubcard Boost it becomes 2.64 million ?
Old 22-02-2016, 21:53   #22

Thanks, Cashy & Dee, I think I now sort of understand.
So we have credit to the equivalent of 660k, dating back over 10yrs that we have not, until now, been able to take advantage of?
Old 22-02-2016, 21:54   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Thanks, Cashy & Dee, I think I now sort of understand.
So we have credit to the equivalent of 660k, dating back over 10yrs that we have not, until now, been able to take advantage of?
Thats about it as i understand.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 22-02-2016, 21:54   #24

Quote:
Depends on how many points you have. Do you do the shopping for the whole of Accy or does it just seem like it when you get to the till?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 21:58   #25

Quote:
If we choose electricals, we might get quadruple points!!
At least Nas could get a new washer & dryer!!
Old 24-02-2016, 06:54   #26
Senior Member+

The club is on the up

Long live the new regime
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 07:33   #27
Super Moderator

Basicallly when a club wins the Conference and gains entry to the FL for the first time ( or new regs are in; eg: improved floodlights) there is 750k worth of funded avaiable; on a "matched funding" basis. Ie: for every £1 the club spent, the Football Stadium Improvement Fund "match" that £1.

ASFC have spent not a lot of this "grant" available to them for a whole host of reasons; mainly to do the the complex nature of the information required.
When we got promoted to the FL; EW and the Board at the time just got on with the job and didn't bother with the paperwork!!
Revived Red, mab and DAV007 like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..