Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2019, 17:50   #46
God Member

Re: Trotters Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Is their any other kind? As long as you're dippin' yer bread that's definitely good in my book!
Is that thought got any
connection to your avatar???
DaveinGermany likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2019, 18:06   #47
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well didn't see that coming Bolton very poor but take nothing away from the lads everyone of them played well today especially like Rodgers back to his old self to me a better defender than Johnson, but we played well all over the park let's hope the confidence boost this gives propels us up the table.
Even the headless chicks dun good
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 18:07   #48
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Is that thought got any
connection to your avatar???

Possibly!
Old 23-11-2019, 18:23   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
For me, best display all season, first time i recall starting 2 up front? ok playing 10 men helped, but it didn,t last 2 matches,could not call any player, a great team performance, thought the bolton fans in the new stand were disgraceful, we met some of those behind the goal after the game and they were good lads, also told wynonie he had slipped up badly with his score forecast.
Seen as you wanted to make a smart arse comment about 2 up front, thought I’d correct your statement. Today was the 15th league game so far this season we have played 2 up front.
baldy likes this.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 19:05   #50
Full Member+

Really enjoyed the game, atmosphere and most importantly the result today. Forget any comments about Bolton having 10 men for part of the game, you can only play against what's put in front of you. Fantastic, well done the mighty Reds
cashman likes this.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 19:12   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Even the headless chicks dun good
I will pick them both every week if that's the end result.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 19:40   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
Seen as you wanted to make a smart arse comment about 2 up front, thought I’d correct your statement. Today was the 15th league game so far this season we have played 2 up front.
Hows this for smart arse,thats utter crap anyone who watches will be aware of that.
Old 23-11-2019, 20:17   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
Also Smart arse if you had read the thread posts 4@5 mentioned it before i did, so go boil yer head.or is reading a bit difficult for you?
Old 24-11-2019, 08:36   #54
God Member

How can this thread be so quiet???

Just scored our biggest ever win???

Still, better than people moaning

Wynonie Harris likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 08:39   #55
God Member

With the exception of the fullbacks, about the best team we could have picked/played yesterday

Really pleased with the performance - regardless of the score - as there was a fight about the lads

Macca, Sam, Seamus to name but 3, did not stop running and fighting for every ball, also, thought Harvey was back to his pre-Fleetwood self!!

:>)
chevyfire likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 08:42   #56
Full Member+

[QUOTE=andyd;1234016]I will pick them both every week if that's the end r
esult.

shame your not picking the team Andy
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 08:53   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
With the exception of the fullbacks, about the best team we could have picked/played yesterday

Really pleased with the performance - regardless of the score - as there was a fight about the lads

Macca, Sam, Seamus to name but 3, did not stop running and fighting for every ball, also, thought Harvey was back to his pre-Fleetwood self!!

:>)
But as we said before the match Joe, a win was imperative yesterday!.. ' Last Chance Saloon ' for one or two at The Crown ( aka ' Wham ' !) possibly beckoning from just around the corner !.

But we both had a good afternoon out.. and with that Team and Manager it looks like Bolton are really Wandering !..
Towards the state of oblivion known as The Conference !. 😉

STAY COOL !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 10:53   #58

Lost any respect and sympathy for Bolton with their dreadful fans. Can we have Bury back and kick out that lot instead ?
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 10:53   #59
God Member

Quote:

Maybe cos some of us are suffering a bit after the celebrations in the clubhouse
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 13:53   #60
Full Member+

Quote:

I have had to wait to comment on the match until I read the result in the paper for when I woke up this morning I wondered whether I had had a senior moment and dreamt the entire match. But no I had actually seen it happen. Early in the match, when we missed two or three sitters and gave a really sloppy goal away, I thought Oh no here we go again but the response of the lads to the goal was fantastic and the atmosphere in the Clayton End was back to its best. Yes there were some passes that went astray but the lads went after the ball with real enthusiasam. Let's hope we can repeat the performance in the leasing.com cup match.
cashman and chevyfire like this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..