Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2013, 08:58   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Two Stanley Directors Resign

g
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I love Stanley, like any normal fan
Now then, Davo, you can go on all you want about the manager, signings, directors or owt else, but that I take exception to! Normal fans are what other boring clubs have. We have the most fascinating collection of eccentrics and individualists that you will find anywhere. Five minutes on the Clayton End should tell you that. It's one of the many reasons why I feel completely at home here. If you want to be a normal fan, go to a plastic premiership club!
KiTChener, DAV007, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Old 30-03-2013, 09:34   #17
Senior Member+

"Why do you always think the worst?" says DAV007. I think your brain cell is not coping very well. Actually, DAV007, it is YOU who always thinks the worst.

You seek the reasons for the resignations. Is this not good enough for you :

Stanley managing director Rob Heys said: “With a board of 18 directors you are going to get differences of opinions sometimes over the way things should be done..... I think they maybe wanted certain things to happen quicker than they were happening."

To my mind, it's a fairly simple matter. Two men of honour felt that they could no longer support certain policies and so resigned. No more, no less.

I don't particularly want to know what those policies were, but if I do, as a shareholder I can ask about them at the club's AGM. Will I see you there?

And on a similar theme, were you at Wycombe yesterday? Did you notice the reaction to Moly's goal? Looking at that reaction, I didn't see much evidence of players wanting the return of a previous manager. That certainly gave the lie to another piece of your venom.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 09:37   #18

Just for a laugh, I think I'll order a Stanley shirt with DAV007 on the back and have a wander around the Clayton End at the Morecambe game......
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 10:17   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Just for a laugh, I think I'll order a Stanley shirt with DAV007 on the back and have a wander around the Clayton End at the Morecambe game......
Why do yeh not value yer looks?
smobile likes this.
Old 30-03-2013, 10:19   #20
God Member

Good Point about the AGM was that not when Bumble was offically confirmed as a Fans representative on the Board?

It was May I think last year so this year's should not be too far away.

If anyone who is a shareholder once the date is announounced can't attend but feel like they would like to ask a question and would like it raising please feel free to pm me and I will galdly raise it on their behalf.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 12:33   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
"Why do you always think the worst?" says DAV007. I think your brain cell is not coping very well. Actually, DAV007, it is YOU who always thinks the worst.

You seek the reasons for the resignations. Is this not good enough for you :

Stanley managing director Rob Heys said: “With a board of 18 directors you are going to get differences of opinions sometimes over the way things should be done..... I think they maybe wanted certain things to happen quicker than they were happening."

To my mind, it's a fairly simple matter. Two men of honour felt that they could no longer support certain policies and so resigned. No more, no less.

I don't particularly want to know what those policies were, but if I do, as a shareholder I can ask about them at the club's AGM. Will I see you there?

And on a similar theme, were you at Wycombe yesterday? Did you notice the reaction to Moly's goal? Looking at that reaction, I didn't see much evidence of players wanting the return of a previous manager. That certainly gave the lie to another piece of your venom.
Thanks but I have already read Rob's comments.
I was curious of the detail thats all.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:27   #22
Senior Member+

Is there a link between the resignations from the board and Leams departure?

Curious.

I know it happened a month or so apart, but did they know?
Old 30-04-2013, 21:30   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
but did they know?
No
Old 30-04-2013, 21:34   #24
Senior Member+

fair enough.

close thread.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:36   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Oh so yer a mod now as well? Do it Davo has spoken.
smobile likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:41   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh so yer a mod now as well? Do it Davo has spoken.
i didnt mean it like that, sorry mods!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..