Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2005, 09:27   #1
God Member

Ultras v Barrow - GAME OFF

Barrow have pulled out of todays game by text message late last night. It can be seen from there messageboard that there has been a big fall out amongst the team and as such it has not been decided wether this is a postponement or a cancel.. if the latter then the ultras win the league by default.

Everyting is OFF today includng the get together at the Crown this afternoon.

Watch this space
Old 29-05-2005, 10:14   #2

Re: Ultras v Barrow - GAME OFF

I can only apologise to Loweiy and the rest of you lot as I know how much effort goes into organising matches and it must be a real pain to have to cancel things at such short notice.

Not sure what your thoughts on the game are now, whether you want to re-arrange it for next week or just take the points or what. We will be having a meeting in the next couple of days though and a decision on the future of the team will be made there.
<!-- THE POST -->
K_R (Barrow) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2005, 10:14   #3

From the Barrow messageboard

Just to make sure that everyone knows, as I am not travelling tomorrow I have cancelled the coach. I am not prepared to pay for it and then rely on others to collect the money in, especially when we only have 12 or 13 people going. We have been charged 60% of the cost by the coach company so this will have to be paid somehow, I will be using the whole of the team funds I have got here but that will still not cover the full cost.

As for the future, I'll decide in the next few days whether I am going to carry on organising things but for me the fun has completely gone out of it all over the last few weeks, resulting in what has gone on yesterday and today. I won't get into who is right or wrong, I have no real problem with anyone involved with the team and think it's very sad that something that was supposed to be a fun thing involving a group of mates has ended up like this.

I will also now not be organising the end of season presentation night, if someone wants to take over this let me know by tomorrow otherwise I'll have to cancel what has already been arranged with Caron.

Good luck tomorrow.

OOOPPPS
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2005, 10:22   #4
God Member

K_R I think thats summat for Barrow and Loweiy to sort out in private... Any team worth there salt will want to win the league by playing you and winning... But pitches are closing down for the summer and Loweiy had to get them to open special today.. Could he mess them about and get them to open next week... Also its not just the pitch.. it was the end of season bash with all the sponsors and blah blah all invited this aftrenoon... I think its more dissapointing having to let them down and cancel that..

But whats done is done and no use crying over spilt milk... Get yourselves sorted and decide what your doing and get in touch with loweiy as soon as possible

Thats my thoughts!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..