Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2017, 15:16   #31

Re: Un-buzz them there Bees !...a Barnet thread !

Shay McCarten scores from a free kick 1-0
Old 04-03-2017, 15:58   #32

Full time 1-0
Old 04-03-2017, 16:01   #33
God Member

Nice one STANLEY..today will be a ripper.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 16:14   #34

Super Matty Pearson saves the day. Well played from the colossus!
Rode our luck at the end. They were a different team after the goal, and we became progressively more careless and unable to get any sort of control in midfield.
A scrappy match, lots of diving from us, a poor ref.
I thought Clare had a good game, Clark had his moments when he came on(did he hit the post?), Seany was pretty quiet but his crossing caused them lots of problems.
McCartan, apart from his goal, was too ineffective. Goalie a bit more solid than normal.
The rest did ok ish.
chevyfire likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 16:22   #35

Hughes saved us as well a few minutes earlier. Yep Clark hit the post for us. A what could be at the end of the season vital hard fought 3 points.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 16:23   #36

Some good results for us as well. Think only Crewe managed a win. Mid table obscurity beckons.
Old 04-03-2017, 16:24   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We were a better attacking side after Clark came on, anyone who thinks different needs glasses, Mcarten scored a cracking free kick thank god did little else. not as good a display by far as Tuesday but got the 3 Pts. Thought our defence and keeper had a good afternoon,
Old 04-03-2017, 16:35   #38

Ps, who was that clown who thought it was clever to grab the ball and not let Akinde have it back in the dying seconds? And then he stood arms outstretched like a hard man.
Pathetic.
Old 04-03-2017, 16:38   #39

Agree that Clark give us more of an attacking edge, but I think we missed Clare in midfield. Maybe McCartan coming off instead might have worked better in the last 15 mins?
cashman and chevyfire like this.
Old 04-03-2017, 16:41   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i was surprised at the choice to go off, but one cant criticize Super Johnny Coleman.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 04-03-2017, 16:49   #41

Big win. Dug in well and got that little element of luck we've needed. Hughesy and Matty were behemoths today. Five unbeaten. Long reign King Coley.
Old 04-03-2017, 17:34   #42
Full Member+

It was a great effort even though it was very scrappy at times. The pitch is atrocious at the moment. I thought MOM today should have gone to Rodgers overall. He was outstanding at times. Matty P was his usual warrior self and effective, I think everybody put a shift in. I noticed that we reverted to playing Billy up front on his own again. Why have we not played Edwards more often as he always impressed when he comes on. The Don is a much better player when playing further forward. Today he was very average. A 1-0 win was a good result as a clean sheet can be the difference at the end of the season. Lets keep it going against Exeter. I hope there will be a game to play against Leyton Orient on the 14th. Over all we seem to be getting our form back a little and the confidence is building. I would like to offer sincere condolences to the Winnard family at this difficult time.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 18:48   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I would like to offer sincere condolences to the Winnard family at this difficult time.
Please elaborate for those of us that are not aware of what you are talking about??
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 19:07   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Super Matty Pearson saves the day. Well played from the colossus!
Rode our luck at the end. They were a different team after the goal, and we became progressively more careless and unable to get any sort of control in midfield.
A scrappy match, lots of diving from us, a poor ref.
I thought Clare had a good game, Clark had his moments when he came on(did he hit the post?), Seany was pretty quiet but his crossing caused them lots of problems.
McCartan, apart from his goal, was too ineffective. Goalie a bit more solid than normal.
The rest did ok ish.
Were we watching the same game? Ok, it wasn't pretty but we ground out a win against the dirty tactics of a typical Barnet side - Martin Allen may not be the manager any more but they're still his players & playing his way - agree about Matty P. - bless him, I bet he's black & blue tonight
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 19:21   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Please elaborate for those of us that are not aware of what you are talking about??
Deano's brother passed away this week; ASFC sorted a tribute to show "our support" for a family in mourning
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..