Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2017, 20:39   #46
God Member

Re: Un-buzz them there Bees !...a Barnet thread !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Please elaborate for those of us that are not aware of what you are talking about??
Check out the ASFC official Twitter match coverage.........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2017, 20:41   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i was surprised at the choice to go off, but one cant criticize Super Johnny Coleman.
Cashy I think Clare was taken off because he was heading for a second yellow card and Coley wanted to finish the game with 11 Stanley players for the last 20 minutes and with Clare available for the next game.
AccyMad likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 20:56   #48
Senior Member+

First of all condolences to Dean Winnard and his family after the tragic loss of Dean's brother.
Puts the game of football into perspective really......

......To the match v Barnet which we won 1-0......
Well we deserved the victory and the three points gained was based on a very had working performance by our lads.

Buzza did an amazing job on the pitch after all the rain yesterday afternoon and into the night! The lad is a magician and deserves our total respect!

Inevitably the pitch did make it difficult to play our usual passing game but the lads persisted and after a quiet start we gradually took control of matters and could easily have gone in at half time a goal up on the balance of play.
The match really came to life after half time though and we deserved the goal advantage after Billy won the free kick just outside their box. Shay has learned that free kicks don't need to be blasted and that accurate placement is the key since the referees started to use the aerosol to ensure that the defenders retired a full 10 yards! From the Clayton end looking down the length of the pitch we could see perfectly how the wall lined up as well as they could but Shay had spotted the bottom left corner weakness and fully exploited it to perfection with a swerving and dipping kick over the wall! I feel that we could have capitalised on the lead by scoring again but it was not to be and a nervous last ten minutes beckoned!.......

To their credit Barnet tried hard to get back on terms and we retreated somewhat to defend on the edge of our penalty box but with some determined goal keeping from young Marek and heroic clearances form Hughes and Pearson we held out magnificently.
The singing and support form the Clayton end was simply outstanding in the last thirty minutes and I am sure that all of our players were lifted by our vocal support. Once again the support played like a TWELFTH MAN!

Some odd refereeing decisions again and I wanted to shout out to him..... "Take off your BEER GOGGLES Ref!"
Any how the result worked out OK in the end and I thought that we deserved our victory. For me Matty Pearson was our MOM as he once again played like 'Braveheart the SPARTAN'. Hughes was pushing him close though for his similar superb defensive play.
ON STANLEY ON.....
as we start to climb the table to security......
COME ON YOU REDS
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 2 others like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 04-03-2017 at 21:05.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 21:39   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Deano's brother passed away this week; ASFC sorted a tribute to show "our support" for a family in mourning

Thanks Mr T, missed this somehow.

My sincere condolences to the family.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 21:41   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Check out the ASFC official Twitter match coverage.........
Sorry, mate, don't do twitter.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 21:47   #51

Not a game for the faint hearted.
Comparing the teams was like matching a Great Dane against a Jack Russell.
Barnet's team of men against a Stanley boys team, so great was the difference in stature.
Thank goodness our 'boys' displayed all the characteristics needed by a terrier. Tenacity, aggression, guts & a never-give-in attitude.
The first half was a lesson in mediocrity, with Stanley misfiring on all cylinders & Barnet looking fast & dangerous.
At half time, I thought we'd be lucky to scrape a 0-0 draw from the game.
Had Barnet scored first, I think we would have been looking at another defeat. But then came McCarten's superbly taken goal which changed the game.
Yes, over 90 minutes he was poor, but who cares? He won us the game.
After the goal, it was a rear-guard action with our defenders literally putting their bodies on the line to protect our goal from a swarm of angry bees, determined to sting us where it hurts.
Rodak stood firm, Pearson & Hughes were immense, and Rodgers deserves special mention for marking the giant Akinde so effectively.
No display of artistry, but without doubt the hardest won three points we will earn this season.
chevyfire likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 21:50   #52
God Member

Accrington 1 - 0 Barnet - Match Report & Highlights

Highlights
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 23:28   #53
Senior Member+

So ,like my thread-starter earnestly requested, the Bees were un-buzzed ( if that term is actually correct !).

There were a few Barnet Drones on view, and dirty ones at that !...but the Workers who got the honey were the industrious and tireless Reds !.

Also we had our very own Buzzer who again deserves endless praise for the efforts he must have made since Tuesday nights assault on the Crown's pitch to ensure that it was playable this afternoon.

If ì appear to be Bees-Waxing lyrical tonight it's purely because our team were better than Barnet... the Defence assured us of a clean sheet.....Three vital points were added to the tally...and there was no sting in the tail for yours truly !.

All in all...an afternoon fit for a Queen !.

ps...Matty Pearson really is the Bees Knees !.

pps......On a more serious note my kindest thoughts go out to FA19 , Mrs FA19, and Dean
tonight, following the news of their sad loss.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 23:59   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Also sincere condolences To Deano@ family on their sad loss,
football19 likes this.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:25   #55

Accy Mad - think you need to be more specific. Which part of my amazingly insightful report do you not agree with? I was stone cold sober today.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:37   #56

While not at our best yesterday, thought we deserved to win.
Did we not hit the woodwork 3 times?
Can't remember them having a shot on target outside opening 5 and last 10 minutes when they went sit or bust.
FWIW thought Clarke should have started instead of Clare and can't understand why Edwards wasn't brought on as an out ball option with 10 to go.

Rodak seems to gone uncommented on but his presence has coincided with our good run.
Cant recall him dropping any clangers and always appears calm.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:05   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
While not at our best yesterday, thought we deserved to win.
Did we not hit the woodwork 3 times?
Can't remember them having a shot on target outside opening 5 and last 10 minutes when they went sit or bust.
FWIW thought Clarke should have started instead of Clare and can't understand why Edwards wasn't brought on as an out ball option with 10 to go.

Rodak seems to gone uncommented on but his presence has coincided with our good run.
Cant recall him dropping any clangers and always appears calm.
Post 37 i mentioned our keeper having a good game. thought he was a poss for MoM. to be honest.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:04   #58
Full Member+

I thought the goalie would get MOM. but happy with Matt just the same. I thought the pitch was tricky to say the least , both sides slipping. I thought we would have used all 3 subs too as I feel sure the players legs would be aching , it be like running in sand. However a good three points well deserved.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 13:36   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I thought we would have used all 3 subs too as I feel sure the players legs would be aching , it be like running in sand.
We've added a few good players to the squad lately, but Coley seems reluctant to let any of them get a chance & rarely makes more than 1 substitution per game.
With the exception of Beckles, absent through suspension, yesterdays team was his usual go-to starting 11.
The first half illustrated the deficiencies that have plagued us all season. Barnet controlled midfield & we rarely got out of our own half.
The few occasions we were effective were breaks down the wing, either from Donacien or Clare but when this did happen, no one followed up from midfield to help.
Barnet, on the other hand, attacked as a unit & always had men running into space to make themselves available for the next pass.
Noor Husin is supposed to be a creative midfielder, yet despite scoring on his debut, has barely featured.
Edwards has also been impressive when I've seen him play, but rarely gets a look in.
As for the new Portuguese lad, the season's going to be over before we ever see him play a game.
Perhaps the fact that our 'mom' award ALWAYS goes to a defender, says everything!
cashman likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 14:06   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
We've added a few good players to the squad lately, but Coley seems reluctant to let any of them get a chance & rarely makes more than 1 substitution per game.
With the exception of Beckles, absent through suspension, yesterdays team was his usual go-to starting 11.
The first half illustrated the deficiencies that have plagued us all season. Barnet controlled midfield & we rarely got out of our own half.
The few occasions we were effective were breaks down the wing, either from Donacien or Clare but when this did happen, no one followed up from midfield to help.
Barnet, on the other hand, attacked as a unit & always had men running into space to make themselves available for the next pass.
Noor Husin is supposed to be a creative midfielder, yet despite scoring on his debut, has barely featured.
Edwards has also been impressive when I've seen him play, but rarely gets a look in.
As for the new Portuguese lad, the season's going to be over before we ever see him play a game.
Perhaps the fact that our 'mom' award ALWAYS goes to a defender, says everything!
Whatever happened to your ' Bertie Wooster' style of posting which we struggling members of the Hoi polloi used to stand in awe of , and read with a slight tug of the forelock?.
This somewhat prosaic offering, if I might have the temerity to mention it, falls a little short.
Not in content mind you, but in it's rather matter-of-fact presentation !.
I look forward to a return to the bold and dashing Lord Stiffupperlip that we have all come to
respect !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..