Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree89Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2020, 13:43   #31
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Apparently all went well at Blackpool's pilot game yesterday thier police giving it their backing and a lot of fans saying the atmosphere and experience was better than they thought it would be roll on next Saturday and hopefully we will be there.
cashman and pifco like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2020, 14:04   #32
Full Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Apparently all went well at Blackpool's pilot game yesterday thier police giving it their backing and a lot of fans saying the atmosphere and experience was better than they thought it would be roll on next Saturday and hopefully we will be there.
It is a different public health authority in Blackpool, and we would need the PHA's blessing, plus Blackpool is outside the additional Government restrictions.

It is not clear whether Stanley have actually applied for a test event, the closest comparison is Fleetwood who have applied so I am watching them for any news.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 15:25   #33
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It is a different public health authority in Blackpool, and we would need the PHA's blessing, plus Blackpool is outside the additional Government restrictions.

It is not clear whether Stanley have actually applied for a test event, the closest comparison is Fleetwood who have applied so I am watching them for any news.
Fleetwood are under the same restrictions as Hyndburn so if they get the go ahead would think we would also.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 15:28   #34
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Apparently this virus doesn't transmit in Blackpool as they choose to break away from Lancashire many years ago who decides these ridiculous guidelines.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 15:55   #35
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Apparently this virus doesn't transmit in Blackpool as they choose to break away from Lancashire many years ago who decides these ridiculous guidelines.
i think its all to do with cash, the lights are on.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 16:21   #36
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think its all to do with cash, the lights are on.
Football needs money without significant return of fans sooner rather than later the lights will be going out.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 16:24   #37
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Football needs money without significant return of fans sooner rather than later the lights will be going out.
football means little to money people.
monkey hanger likes this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 18:05   #38
Full Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Fleetwood are under the same restrictions as Hyndburn so if they get the go ahead would think we would also.
That is why I said they are the closet comparison.

Blackpool are right on the edge and do no border any district with high numbers, not just to do with being a unitary.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 08:43   #39
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
who decides these ridiculous guidelines.
no changing rooms allowed to be open yesterday at my game. bar however was. the latter was packed. just give up on all this stupidity now. think cashy is right. where there is money about the virus cannot strike.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 11:10   #40
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Just on website Stanley waiting for decision on Saturdays application for a pilot event allowing 1000 in against Oxford, we have sold 950 season tickets so if given go-ahead every one will be able to go if they choose.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 14:08   #41
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Unlock tentative steps

lets hope we get permission, if we do and people are sensible then we are going the right way imho.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 19:16   #42
Full Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Bolton were stopped from even applying by their own PHA, so the application itself is one positive on a bleak looking landscape, along with the 1,000 fans ensuring all current season ticket holders can get in

I hope I am wrong but I can't see it happening.

EFL tests were not announced until mid afternoon last Wed, it will be chaos getting ifollow codes if they leave it that late again, surely it will be tomorrow?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 19:18   #43
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Unlock tentative steps

im very doubtfull but fingers crossed.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 22:25   #44
Full Member
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Bolton were stopped from even applying by their own PHA, so the application itself is one positive on a bleak looking landscape, along with the 1,000 fans ensuring all current season ticket holders can get in

I hope I am wrong but I can't see it happening.

EFL tests were not announced until mid afternoon last Wed, it will be chaos getting ifollow codes if they leave it that late again, surely it will be tomorrow?

Word is Boris will announce tomrrow evening no test events or 30% crowds in areas under enhanched resrictions.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 06:59   #45
Senior Member+
 

Thumbs down Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Word is Boris will announce tomrrow evening no test events or 30% crowds in areas under enhanched resrictions.
Well that could be everywhere in the country then.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.28934 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1