Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree89Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2020, 19:42   #76
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Grimsby have actually had to postpone their next 3 games as club going into 14 hibernation, this is going to create real problems if testing in the EFL isn't made mandatory again or season will descend into farce.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2020, 21:41   #77
Senior Member
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Two games off tomorrow due to positive tests both in league 2 Cheltenham v Grimsby and Walsall v Orient this could be come normal.
My good mate Terry Curran’s son is the player that tested positive at Grimsby - Jock Curran.
Terry was one hell of a player and his son carving out a career...... all the best Jock x
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 07:02   #78
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Two games off tomorrow due to positive tests both in league 2 Cheltenham v Grimsby and Walsall v Orient this could be come normal.
mind you its better than the old normal. games being called off after we set off to go to one.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 08:28   #79
Senior Member+
 
MikeA's Avatar
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
mind you its better than the old normal. games being called off after we set off to go to one.
...or Somerset complaining after people had set off to come to us!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 09:09   #80
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Stevenage,s game at Bradford hanging in the balance after one of there players tested positive, the problem now with the resurgence in the virus EFL,s testing of staff showing symptoms isn't clearly good enough premiership still testing everyone weekly. Problem again is down to cost so same appeal for help or games will be called off all over. Also with regular testing it's another case for safe return of spectators.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 10:12   #81
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
...or Somerset complaining after people had set off to come to us!
Would love to hear his take on games being called of because of Covid
MikeA, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 10:26   #82
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
?.. if testing in the EFL isn't made mandatory again or season will descend into farce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
?... the problem now with the resurgence in the virus....
Sorry, Andyd, just can’t let this go.
If you genuinely believe more, and mandatory, testing is going to help us get out of this man-made mess then you can’t have been reading what many, many scientists and doctors (not computer modellers) have been writing and saying about just how unreliable is the PCR process, and how it is picking up all sorts of viral remnants that we all have all the time.
Take a look at this chart and ask yourself if you notice any difference between the spike of “cases” and deaths in March/April and the (apparent) similar spike now.

And ask yourself why the Govt has continued to refuse to answer what % of total tests being carried are these recorded ‘positive cases’, and is that % going up, down, or staying the same. More tests, more “cases“, perhaps, but not it now seems more deaths.
Attached Images
File Type: png A438DDED-CA8E-4418-99F3-2DA6C460229A.png (173.3 KB, 6 views)
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 10:57   #83
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Sorry, Andyd, just can’t let this go.
If you genuinely believe more, and mandatory, testing is going to help us get out of this man-made mess then you can’t have been reading what many, many scientists and doctors (not computer modellers) have been writing and saying about just how unreliable is the PCR process, and how it is picking up all sorts of viral remnants that we all have all the time.
Take a look at this chart and ask yourself if you notice any difference between the spike of “cases” and deaths in March/April and the (apparent) similar spike now.

And ask yourself why the Govt has continued to refuse to answer what % of total tests being carried are these recorded ‘positive cases’, and is that % going up, down, or staying the same. More tests, more “cases“, perhaps, but not it now seems more deaths.
well its obvious there aint more deaths cos most now are younger.
monkey hanger likes this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 11:35   #84
Senior Member
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Sorry, Andyd, just can’t let this go.
If you genuinely believe more, and mandatory, testing is going to help us get out of this man-made mess then you can’t have been reading what many, many scientists and doctors (not computer modellers) have been writing and saying about just how unreliable is the PCR process, and how it is picking up all sorts of viral remnants that we all have all the time.
Take a look at this chart and ask yourself if you notice any difference between the spike of “cases” and deaths in March/April and the (apparent) similar spike now.

And ask yourself why the Govt has continued to refuse to answer what % of total tests being carried are these recorded ‘positive cases’, and is that % going up, down, or staying the same. More tests, more “cases“, perhaps, but not it now seems more deaths.

Testing during March was on a much smaller scale than currently. The best estimates produced by ONS/Kings College is that there were around 100000 cases a day at that point. Therefore, the positive tests in March represented a vast underestimate of actual cases. Comparing the ratio of deaths to positive tests between now and 6 months ago isn't valid.

And deaths are increasing, that trend is clear. The rate of increase is around double every 8-10 days.

Most concerning is the number of admissions and patients ventilated within ICU. The number in ICU has doubled in 6 days. The knock on effect this has on the rest of the healthcare sector is vast, and much too complex to go into here. The overriding issue though is even with a modest increase in admissions to ICU/hospital, the net direct and indirect effect on morbidity and mortality is large. Also, unfortunately around half the patients who have been ventilated die based on experience in the UK.

Regardless of the specificity of the current testing regime, it is the best tool we have to help prevent ongoing transmission - short of imposing severe, vast restrictions on everyone's lives again.

With regards to getting fans back at football, there are no easy solutions. The solution certainly isn't no restrictions. It probably is something around very limited capacity, with additional support from centralised bodies, with risk mitigation through large scale population testing. I know that's rubbish for everyone, but it is the reality of our current situation.
cashman likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 12:37   #85
Senior Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Testing during March was on a much smaller scale than currently. The best estimates produced by ONS/Kings College is that there were around 100000 cases a day at that point. Therefore, the positive tests in March represented a vast underestimate of actual cases. Comparing the ratio of deaths to positive tests between now and 6 months ago isn't valid.

And deaths are increasing, that trend is clear. The rate of increase is around double every 8-10 days.

Most concerning is the number of admissions and patients ventilated within ICU. The number in ICU has doubled in 6 days. The knock on effect this has on the rest of the healthcare sector is vast, and much too complex to go into here. The overriding issue though is even with a modest increase in admissions to ICU/hospital, the net direct and indirect effect on morbidity and mortality is large. Also, unfortunately around half the patients who have been ventilated die based on experience in the UK.

Regardless of the specificity of the current testing regime, it is the best tool we have to help prevent ongoing transmission - short of imposing severe, vast restrictions on everyone's lives again.

With regards to getting fans back at football, there are no easy solutions. The solution certainly isn't no restrictions. It probably is something around very limited capacity, with additional support from centralised bodies, with risk mitigation through large scale population testing. I know that's rubbish for everyone, but it is the reality of our current situation.
I was referring to football not the general public which brings me to now I am currently in Bury absolutely packed QC scanning codes all over haven't seen one person scanning one social distancing none existing in most areas especially the market and we can't go football pull the other one.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 12:50   #86
Full Member+
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I was referring to football not the general public which brings me to now I am currently in Bury absolutely packed QC scanning codes all over haven't seen one person scanning one social distancing none existing in most areas especially the market and we can't go football pull the other one.
If that is the case then the rising deaths won't go away anytime soon and we won't get to see any football for the foreseeable.

Irresponsible people cramming into packed town centres and it isn't their fault, it is everyone else's.

The Womble PM said this would be cracked down on, however won't resource a crack down properly.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 13:02   #87
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
...And deaths are increasing, that trend is clear. The rate of increase is around double every 8-10 days.

Ah, yes, numbers doubling. If Stanley win today their points will double, and if, like Whitty and Vallance did recently, we simply project that ‘doubling’ for the next few months they’ll already be promoted. But just what are the doubling numbers? Below is the most recent graph from ‘official’ sources.
Having said that, deaths may be increasing (they always tend to do as winter approaches) but we now seem to many times more likely to die from that nasty but non-media friendly annual virus - influenza.

Most concerning is the number of admissions and patients ventilated within ICU. The number in ICU has doubled in 6 days. ....
As for ventilators, it was known in NYC back in the Spring that ventilators we’re doing as much harm as good.
https://lockdownsceptics.org/how-eff...-ill-patients/

But, we all chose who () and what to believe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BB37FA28-338D-4656-8AE0-8F3F11FEE428.jpeg (220.6 KB, 4 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 13:04   #88
Senior Member
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
As for ventilators, it was known in NYC back in the Spring that ventilators we’re doing as much harm as good.
https://lockdownsceptics.org/how-eff...-ill-patients/

But, we all chose who () and what to believe.
I am a specialist in Intensive Care and Respiratory Medicine, working at one of the biggest ICU's in North West.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 16:44   #89
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
I am a specialist in Intensive Care and Respiratory Medicine, working at one of the biggest ICU's in North West.
Good for you, I wish you and your patients well.
But then doesn’t Neil Ferguson call himself a professor?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 01:23   #90
Full Member+
 
Reamer's Avatar
 

Re: Unlock tentative steps

Xcuse me Exile, can i ask what you do ? what is your profession ? Are you an epidemiologist / scientist or from a medical background ?
I only ask because you jumped into this thread saying you ' just can't let this go' as though you have some revelationary expertise.
Please elaborate. We all take stock of the situation day by day. Tom D has stated where his expertise lies (and I cannot thank you enough Tom, for the work that you do) and yet your parting shot seems to imply mistrust in his claim.
Quote - 'But then doesn't Neil Ferguson call himself a professor ?'
Ironicly you keep calling Coleman 'Professor'. is he one ?

What do I do ?
Hill Farmer/ Shepherdess, semi skilled carpenter, welding, then moved to India bartending in Goa ( tequila, beer,gin,leaf, more beer)
proper job making bricks (eight years godawful). In between had a spell as a go go dancer (well I say a spell, it was one day.....err night)
and I spent time polishing Paul Simon's shoes during the recording of 'The Boxer'. Also been a paint sprayer and spent time on historical digs.
Other than that I have no special expertise but have reached an age when I can detect a warp weave.
Seriously though tell me what your point is. Are you trying to make us safe, aware or just stir up the mix. Either way , I think I'm probably with Tom D.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Reamer; 27-09-2020 at 01:27.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.50878 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1