Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2004, 22:34   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Unreasonable Alty

From the Trafford Messenger.

CRANEY EXIT?</HEADLINE><TEXT>

IAN Craney is unlikely to be an Altrincham player at the start of next season.

That's the message coming from Moss Lane this week, as Accrington Stanley upped their offer for the 21 year-old midfielder.

The player has told boss Graham Heathcote that he wishes to take up full-time football, which is what Accrington are offering him.

Speaking earlier this week, Heatchote said, "Ian has made it clear it is time to go and I'll be surprised if he is in an Alty shirt at the start of next season."

"There is a fine line to tread. We don't want to lose Ian for nothing, but Accrington have come in for him with a firm verbal offer of full-time football, which is what he wants. Also, you have to ask yourself what use he will be next season if he has to stay - after this summer's activities."

A delay in receiving non-contract forms from Conference North means Heathcote is unable to sign up any of his current squad for next season, but he is confident most of them will stay.

"One or two had have had other clubs on to them but I am confident most of the present squad will sign up for next season."

As far as strengthening the squad goes, Heatchote said, "We've spoken to a number of players but have encountered stumbling blocks - be it contracts, money or other terms."

Heathcote confirmed that a striker has verbally agreed to join the club, but has yet to put pen to paper.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2004, 10:31   #17

Thats excellent news. Hopefully there'll be a couple of wingers to follow, cos we're desperately short of width at the min. I heard Overmars got released, but he's probably the wrong side of 30 now....
This Charming Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:50   #18
Senior Member+

wrong side of 30 grand a week?
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 14:36   #19

Well have you seen all of these players going to Quatar? Dugarry and Leboef and people, maybe we could get a hold of one of these players in Barca's clearout
Old 01-06-2004, 21:04   #20
Full Member+

Steve Jagielka is a right-sided midfielder so will add width on that side.

But with Rory on the left-wing, I'm not sure there would be room for an out-and-out right-winger anyway. A central midfield of two from Proccy, Craney (both England internationals) and Brannan looks very strong and should provide a good line of defence in front of the back line.

Can't wait for the friendlies next month
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Last edited by Whalley Red; 01-06-2004 at 21:22.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote

« Jimbo | Steve Davis »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..