Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 08:11   #16
Senior Member+

Re: V - Northampton..

All we are short of is a striker and an attacking midfielder and we are more or less there I think.

Another fantastic achievement by Coley & Bell.

Any news on Fletcher from Burnley????
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2011, 09:23   #17
Junior Member+

I'd like to say Well Done to you lot for yesterday.

It certainly wasn't too dull in terms of entertainment. The ref certainly was a little whistle happy.

Although, I was in the North Stand (stand opposite the away behind goal) I really didn't get to see what happened regarding your keeper handballing outside of the area after Jake Robinson got through. I've had basically everyone who had a good angle say it defiantly was at least a yard outside of the box. Until I see the highlights later, I can't really comment on that.

I certainly do think Accrington had the better of the game especially first half until we mad out first substitute, on which I think it was all Northampton from then. We've got a good player in Lewis Young, and I think he's the one who could win us the games.

I was actually wondering why you lot hadn't made any subs. I thought that was quite risky being first game back in the season and first competitive match. Obviously, it worked out, but I certainly do think after a while, you lot did play out for the draw.

Overall, I do believe a point was probably a fair result.

Like you folks have said, (although you was away), a draw I think was a good result for both teams. There wasn't any losers and I think we can both take some positives out of the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Last edited by DHCobbler; 07-08-2011 at 09:25.
DHCobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:19   #18
Senior Member+

fair reflection of the game cobbler,i did make a point abouts not using subs,yours turned the game in your favour,with there freshness,were as fatigue kicked in with a few of ours.
Wyn,I take on board your comments on young gutherie,but i have inside info on him,my brother in law was his maths teacher in Jersey lol!!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 13:27   #19
Senior Member+

coleman has always stuck with his starting 11 and is not fond of subs nor squad rotation.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 14:02   #20
Senior Member+

in all fairness there was noone on the bench that was going to turn the game and a resolute draw/performance was a good start to the season after all of the quality attrition of the last few weeks also thought that kern miller had an exceptional game and looked a more than capable replacement for sunbeds. As posted by most it's goals we need Kurtis looked lively and certainly put a good shift in, Craig did a good job down the flanks but unfortunately Craney was far from flattered by his over tight shirt and looked a yard off the pace...extra training required i believe, however Akinfenwa now that's a different story has somehow managed, as a pro footballer to out Gouck The Gouck def the fattest footballer i have ever seen!
Old 07-08-2011, 14:57   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
coleman has always stuck with his starting 11 and is not fond of subs nor squad rotation.
that has always been his achilles heel,imho.
Old 07-08-2011, 19:07   #22
Junior Member+

Yes we r flying in for Tuesday game
Guthriecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 19:12   #23
Junior Member+

Football19 what has that got to do with football inside information- maths teacher why don't you ask it straight from the horses mouth
Guthriecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 19:36   #24
Junior Member+

I've just seen the highlights, and looked specifically at the keeper incident, and I can actually safely say I think the officials got it right. I believe your keeper was JUST inside, maybe dead on the line at best, but no-where near a yard outside the box that I was originally hearing.

I think the speed the ball was going and the action at the time, it was just instinct that people suggested it was outside.
DHCobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 19:38   #25
God Member

Smile Re: V - Northampton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHCobbler View Post
I've just seen the highlights, and looked specifically at the keeper incident, and I can actually safely say I think the officials got it right. I believe your keeper was JUST inside, maybe dead on the line at best, but no-where near a yard outside the box that I was originally hearing.

I think the speed the ball was going and the action at the time, it was just instinct that people suggested it was outside.
Cheers.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 20:00   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHCobbler View Post

Is there any clarity on our "goal" from the first half?
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 20:46   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthriecrew View Post
Football19 what has that got to do with football inside information- maths teacher why don't you ask it straight from the horses mouth
was a tongue in cheek comment- hence lol hope yeh enjoy the game n the kid gets n hat trick.
Old 07-08-2011, 21:06   #28
God Member

Smile Re: V - Northampton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthriecrew View Post
Yes we r flying in for Tuesday game
Make sure you get there early and get yourselves a good spot in The Clayton End!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 21:07   #29
Senior Member+

Thankyou for bailing me out cashy!!!,gutheriecrew ,there are some knowledgable football people on this forum (and a few not so!!)and are well versed in the league two standards ,
You may agree or disagree with a lot of them,but its there own opinions,and sometimes makes good reading (unlike a lot of other forums).
I hope young Gutherie does well,like all Acci supporters do,but hes in the paid ranks now and is not bomb proof,although if he does well i suspect he could become a cult hero figure for the ultras.
PS beware of the poster "cashman" , he can be ruthless and still thinks all centre forwards should play like Nat Lofthouse !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 22:27   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Nat is on the bench and may just hit the ground running but could be a big ask if we are chasing a game to expect him or Kurtis to turn games on their head at this stage but who knows?
Who have we had in recent seasons who could "turn games on their head"? The two names that would come straight to my mind are Chris Turner and Ray Putterill.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..