Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 23:10   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: V - Northampton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Thankyou for bailing me out cashy!!!,gutheriecrew ,there are some knowledgable football people on this forum (and a few not so!!)and are well versed in the league two standards ,
You may agree or disagree with a lot of them,but its there own opinions,and sometimes makes good reading (unlike a lot of other forums).
I hope young Gutherie does well,like all Acci supporters do,but hes in the paid ranks now and is not bomb proof,although if he does well i suspect he could become a cult hero figure for the ultras.
PS beware of the poster "cashman" , he can be ruthless and still thinks all centre forwards should play like Nat Lofthouse !!
thats correct apart from the words "can be" its i am. the kid will get a fair crack of the whip off me, looking forward to see how he develops. hes got a good head start cos unlike 2 previous players he aint related to any of the gaffers.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:12   #32
God Member

Predicted a 0-0 before this one, just wish I'd put a bet on

Couldn't make the game as I was on a stag do, but the reports from Cobblers & Reds alike are very encouraging, as are some of the highlights (extended ones now online on BBC Sport - BBC Sport - Highlights - Northampton 0-0 Accrington). The offside call for Guthrie's goal must've been very, very tight. I certainly can't see any daylight there, but I suppose that's not how they work it anymore. I'm impressed by what Coley & Jimmy have put together this summer and once Danny Coid comes back into the side we'll have a lot more attack down the flanks as well

Good start Reds (or should I say white & granites!). Keep it up.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 13:25   #33
God Member

Smile Re: V - Northampton..

Thanks for that Shaker, agree about the offside goal, but it was encouraging the way it was finished and created!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 13:31   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well my lamps aint what they used to be, but looked just onside to me.
Old 08-08-2011, 13:56   #35

although the goal felt onside to me (but i was in the away end and would say that anyways ) it was an encouraging start to the season. we looked fine without phil, im not going to lie, both centrebacks long and miller looked sharp and ever present.

only problem with miller is his passing, looked abit dodgy at times

but overall good start
Old 08-08-2011, 15:48   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

good interview from the young lad on fishy site.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..