Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 13:43   #1
God Member

Question V - Northampton..

With Dan not being around, I guess that this is the only way to keep up????

http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/index.php/newsy/4161

Line up:-

Murdoch, Winnard, Miller, Long, McIntyre, Procter, Joyce, Lindfield, Craney, Barnett, Guthrie.

Subs Hessey, Murphy, Richardson, Taylor and Dunbavin.

ASFC News Story > 4161

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2011, 13:47   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: V - Northampton..

Bens on the case joe.
Old 06-08-2011, 15:57   #3
God Member

Well done Stanley - decent start to the new season, shame I couldn't be there - roll on Tuesday
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 16:09   #4

I would have settled for a draw on the first away game welll done!
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 16:15   #5
Senior Member+

0-0 against them early last season looked like a good result based on previous seasons - then they turned out to be possible relegation candidates. Sounded OK from the text commentary but it'll be a while before we'll find out how good it really was ....
Old 06-08-2011, 16:46   #6

Always good to keep a clean sheet, but from watching pre-season games, Goals will be our problem this season i fear. Unless Coley has some names in mind.....
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 16:52   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

am well pleased, good solid start, yeh don't concede,yeh don't lose,simple as, young guthrie will only improve wi league outings, how much i wait to see, we do need extra forwards n trust coleman to get em in time.
Old 06-08-2011, 18:31   #8
Senior Member+

Just back from the game,and feeling very positive !!. Acci controlled large parts of the game,playing it out from the back and working there way up the field on numerous occasions.
Dont forget,out of the goalie and back four,only deano was left from last year!,and to come away with a clean sheet,shows how well they defended.
It was always going to be tough against Akinfendi ( who attacks the man before the ball),and robinson,whos one of the best wide men in the league.
Our keeper soon realised that you have to come and claim the ball,and after 20 mins settled down to have a solid game.
Long was my M.O.M , and the other defenders were prepared to go in were it hurts.
Joycy had a great game,but proccy looked like he needs another couple of games to get upto speed.
Of the midfield 3 ,thought linfield and charlie did a lot of graft and were willing to get forward,were Craney seemed to drift in and out of the game,probably conserving his energy!!
It was a wide awaking for Gutherie,who must hold the ball up more and not switch off.(his lack of pace is a bit of a worry tho).
On the whole a good gritty performance,my only worry is the bench looked a bit light,and early season you need to make subs and we didnt ( they made 3).
Coley looks to have the makings of another good team ( funny seeing a back five of young six foot plus players lol
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 18:53   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

My feeling is i reckon we will probably have a meaner defence than last season, n they did well.
Old 06-08-2011, 18:55   #10
Junior Member+

What do u mean lack of pace you obviously was watching another game
Guthriecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 19:26   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthriecrew View Post
What do u mean lack of pace you obviously was watching another game
Dunno either of you, but football19s is n unbaised opinion.
Old 06-08-2011, 20:14   #12
Senior Member+

Well an enjoyable trip down the M6 and M1 again.

Massively pleased with the result to be honest, always got to settle with an away draw and thats exactly what we got.

Make no mistake, we look SOLID at the back.

Murdoch looked great in the sticks. Long and Winnard for me Men of the match, both superb.

Barnett, Joyce and Proccy all had decent games in the middle aswell.

Great goal by Guthrie, just a shame it got ruled out, he will be a big threat in the air. All he needs is some help up there.

As for Craney and Lindfield,,,,,,,,, Slight improvement on last season though still need to do more for me.

Roll on Tuesday and the return of Jimmy and Bobby, I just hope they get the reception they deserve.

smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 22:43   #13
Senior Member+

Gutheriecrew,i am not critisising the lad,but for some reason i assumed gutherie had lightening pace,trust me hes not yet!.
by your name i presume your a friend/relative?,hes so much to learn,but he has potential.
Hes in good hands as the manager will work on him,and hopefully turn him into a decent player.To get a start at such a young age,means the coaching staff think hes got something.
Gornell didnt have lighting pace,but excelled in the physical side!!.
Its only my opinion,and hopefully he listens and takes his game to the next level
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 23:02   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Gutheriecrew,i am not critisising the lad,but for some reason i assumed gutherie had lightening pace,trust me hes not yet!.
by your name i presume your a friend/relative?,hes so much to learn,but he has potential.
Hes in good hands as the manager will work on him,and hopefully turn him into a decent player.To get a start at such a young age,means the coaching staff think hes got something.
Gornell didnt have lighting pace,but excelled in the physical side!!.
Its only my opinion,and hopefully he listens and takes his game to the next level
It's his Mum, so don't you go upsetting her, or you might be on the receiving end of a handbagging at a forthcoming home match!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:55   #15
God Member

A cracking point against a team who will be in the mix come the end of the season

I had fears that with some many changes it would take time to gel but if the work ethic is anything to go by based on the snippets I caught with Dan on Radio Lancs then we will be okay.

Just picking up on football 19's points on the game I suppose Craney & Linfield will be pivotal going forward with them having to be the link to the front man so a big season for both of them to step up to the mark and show what they are capable of achieving and we still have Danny Coid to come back and from the pre-season games I saw him play he has the experience to carve out the passes whilst at the same time being able to put his foot on the ball and orchestrate from the back as well so will be interesting where Coley plays him.

As for Kurtis it was always going to be a big step up in a short period of time but I think game time will be key as will his first goal and adjusting to the pace of League football but again I have seen enough pre-season to think he will more than prove his worth at this level both in terms of goals and what he brings to the team.

That said I still think we may be one more experienced head short particularly in attacking options perhaps somebody who can play either attacking midfield or as a striker.

Nat is on the bench and may just hit the ground running but could be a big ask if we are chasing a game to expect him or Kurtis to turn games on their head at this stage but who knows?

Very early days but enough to suggest the balance is very nearly there to have another good season

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..