Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2018, 18:49   #31
God Member

Re: V Port Vale Guess The Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Didn't know yeh were a year older than me.
Cashy, my good friend, nobody is older than you

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2018, 20:15   #32
Senior Member+

What was the gate ? What was the result - I know this but point out that it hasn't been posted on here since the end of the match.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 20:44   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
What was the gate ? What was the result - I know this but point out that it hasn't been posted on here since the end of the match.
The result was all that matters Bob, another 3 Pts. 3-2.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-01-2018, 21:36   #34
Senior Member+

Gate was 1743 according to the Beeb

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 21:59   #35
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Your right but unfortunately I have to work Saturday nights so the attendance is put on on Sunday and like you've asked in the past I've been putting the result on the bottom of the post!
Old 20-01-2018, 22:28   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Your right but unfortunately I have to work Saturday nights so the attendance is put on on Sunday and like you've asked in the past I've been putting the result on the bottom of the post!
And I haven't updated the prediction league table either - you don't think we're paid or something to run these little competitions for your amusement, do you? We'll do things when we're good and ready, thank you very much.

Note no smiley.
AccyMad and Stevie R like this.
Old 21-01-2018, 19:27   #37
mab
God Member

Saturdays Attendance for the visit of the Valiants Att :-1743 Which includes 526 Vale fans ..
Old 21-01-2018, 19:35   #38
mab
God Member

Saturdays Attendance for the visit of the Valiants Att :- 1743 Which includes 526 Vale fans Congratulations go to accytom18 who Guessed 1733 and is the nearest accytom18 wins a signed Team Sheet and the Match day Programme pm sent ... Final Score Accrington Stanley 3 - 2 Port Vale
accytom18 likes this.
Old 21-01-2018, 19:40   #39

5 goal thriller, automatic promotion spot & still only 1217 home supporters!
Time the council made it compulsory for all citizens to attend home games at pain of losing their Sky TV package, or a public flogging - OR BOTH!
AccyMad and Wynonie Harris like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 21:20   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Saturdays Attendance for the visit of the Valiants Att :- 1743 Which includes 526 Vale fans Congratulations go to accytom18 who Guessed 1733 and is the nearest accytom18 wins a signed Team Sheet and the Match day Programme pm sent ... Final Score Accrington Stanley 3 - 2 Port Vale
How good is he???

GTG and PL!!!

Well done accytom18........

accytom18 likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 12:09   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1207635]5 goal thriller, automatic promotion spot & still only 1217 home supporters!
was a lousy day especialy early on but weather aside i do not think there would have been much more than 1400 home fans on a freak sunny mild winters day. do not really think anything can be done to drag people down to the wham just a load of apathy shown in the area regarding stanley. they should just look at the league table for a start and get down to see us stuff our friends from stevenage a week on saturday.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 13:43   #42
Super Moderator

It doesn't help playing when Burnley are at home, as quite a few of their fans seem to have us as their second club.
Old 22-01-2018, 14:05   #43

Let's face it MH, all incentives aimed at convincing the non-committed of Accrington to attend have fallen on deaf ears.
Other than a home tie against Man U, nothing short of the death penalty would convince some to bother turning up.
The logical answer is to appeal to the already committed, i.e. the hard core of 1000+ regulars.
I thought the 'Bring a Mate for £10' (for s/t. holders) was a good idea - well it worked for me!
If the club can afford to sell beer for £1 per pint in the Sports Bar after the game, why not extend this offer.
How about 'B.A.M. for £10 + a voucher for 2 pints for a £2 - or even better, 2 free pints!
I'm sure most s/t holders will have at least 1 pal who could be bribed by such an offer.
If every s/t holder could convince 1 other, we'd hit the 2000 target with ease, not to mention the club would make an extra £10K in one go!

Last edited by Lord Stiffupperlip; 22-01-2018 at 14:09.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 16:55   #44
God Member

Our last 3 home games against Notts County Exeter and Lincoln if we are in a position in any of these 3 games to seal with a result promotion you watch us get a full house sad really as this is the only way some will bother turning up.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 17:00   #45
God Member

Hopefully some may come back.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..