Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2016, 19:51   #1
God Member

V Skem

Parrish
Pearson, Hughes, F Shaw, Breckles
McConville, Conneely, Triallist, B Shaw
McCarten, Kee
Subs
Little, Hery, Hewitt, Gornell, Lacey, Jones, Wall

Any ideas on the guys in bold? I assume Little is Andy Little who never got off the bench for us last season.

1-0 at half time, Kee missed a penalty ... rebound hit the post and Braydon Shaw's mis-hit shot went in

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 19-07-2016 at 19:55.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2016, 20:05   #2

Re: V Skem

Is Little not the young keeper??
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 20:35   #3
God Member

I wondered who Little was, thought I remembered Andy Little being released but could be wrong
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 20:38   #4
God Member

Luke Wall 19 year left winger released by Blackburn this year, spent a month on loan at Skem last season.

Patrick Lacey 23 year central midfielder last known club Barrow. Has been at Bradford City, spent 3 months on loan at Southport, a month at Vauxhall, released by Bradford and went briefley to Droylsden, then Altrincham for a year and has been at Barrow for 3 years.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 19-07-2016 at 20:45.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 20:38   #5

1-1 skem score last minute, they Stanley Twitter tweeted Sub - Steven Hewitt for A Triallist - sure we will see him again!! Stanley still lead 1-0 #skem

Wonder who that is?
Old 19-07-2016, 21:01   #6
Full Member+

arron davies ?
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 21:44   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
arron davies ?
It was Arron Davies and he played in central midfield was one of the few to actually play well, credit to Skelmersdale they put on a good show and made a game of it so from a fitness point of view good for Stanley of the new signings Stephen Hewitt came on and looked useful as for the rest Beckles looked composed at the back but really Stanley were poor even though it was only a friendly.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 22:39   #8
Senior Member+

Should have been out of sight really before they equalised, hit the woodwork a few times.

Impressed with the Trailist aswell as the Left Back, as for the rest, can't say I was blown away.

Luckily its all about fitness at this stage.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 07:10   #9
God Member

Coley wasn't impressed - the lads have had their day off cancelled today, fair play to him - start as you mean to go on & all that
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 07:25   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Is Little not the young keeper??
Correct; taken over as cover as Aarron C has a slight knock.

Most one sided 1-1 draw I've seen for awhile!! Did Elliott Parish make a save??

Fair play to Skem who did keep going to the end
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 08:22   #11
Senior Member+

What concerns me is that Adam Buxton not even in the 18. Can we assume from that, that he is moving on? Good to see young Braydon getting on the score sheet and bodes well for him signing on for another season, hopefully.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 08:26   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
What concerns me is that Adam Buxton not even in the 18. Can we assume from that, that he is moving on? Good to see young Braydon getting on the score sheet and bodes well for him signing on for another season, hopefully.
I heard he had a slight knock last night, along with Boco and "teethgate" hence them missing last night??

Maybe im wrong.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 08:27   #13
Senior Member+

The new lads will soon find out that Coley won't accept anything less than 100% even in friendies !!.
The lad who scored for skem used to play for me as a junior and lived next door,good player and even better plumber !!.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 08:30   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
You can,t read anything into that just because they weren't their including Buxton there were 8 squad players not their 3 more friendlies for them to get a kick, young Braydon struggled as did all the front line for me McCarten couldn't trap the ball for the life in him and missed an absolute sitter but only early days, their right back no2 a lad called Mooney looked a decent player.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 08:46   #15
Senior Member+

I still think Buxton will sign, seems strange Coley taking him to Portugal if he wasn't signing!

Thought McConville was one of our better players last night, Hoping he can get abit of confidence in pre season and kick on this season!

Beckles looks a good composed CB.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..