Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 23:02   #1
Senior Member+

Versus Wimbledon. RALLY CALL TO REDS FANS

I have just gone a bit daft on the DAGGERS MATCH THREAD, and thought that what I put on at the end would make a good start to a very early match thread for our next home game against AFC Wimbledon an January 19th.
I just got fed up of feeling sorry for ourselves and I was reminded of what we should be doing when I read a comment by "Jase" having been prompted by "Valarian".

I decided that the best thing we fans should do is to let the manager manage and that we the supporters should SUPPORT to the best of our ability!!
This is what I finished with on the Daggers thread................

Come on real Stanley fans/Ultras. Let's make the next home match, Jan 19th v AFC Wimbledon, a sea of colour and noise like we did so often up to a couple of seasons ago. Tell everybody about the club deal of getting on for only a "Fiver" and £1 for under 12's....... (See fishy site).

Big Crowd...Big Noise....Lots of colour.....100% behind our team!
Come on you REDS!!

So here is the challenge....Let's tidy up those flags on the Clayton end and get out the banners and the rest of the stuff and get right behind the manager and the team.

Come on you REDS!!

"Jeepers, I must be going barmy!"
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2013, 23:51   #2

Re: Versus Wimbledon. RALLY CALL TO REDS FANS

Well said Bob. Lets do what we do best. Our supporters are known in England as the 'Best' in the lower leagues in terms of Passion, Noise.. everything Choirboy has mentioned. Admittedly standards have Slipped and Ill hold.my hand up and say I should have done more as should the group 'Ultras'. I have now started playing football on Saturdays at a half decent level so whilst my legs are still capable I want to focus on that. However, apart from my presence ill do whatever it takes to help.get our supporters back up to scratch

THe passion hasnt gone I know that for sure. Its just being overlooked by this cloud of negativity & dwindling attendances.

it is hard to motivate others when everything sames so dull on/off the pitch but we cant just give up, we cant roll over, feel sorry for ourselves and we certainly.cant boo OUR men in OUR club shirts off the field.

This saturday morning or Sunday ill call the troops to sort the flags on the terrace and put in place a display for the Afc Wimbledon match Even if it is just the surfer but most important.is getting the terrace looking and behaving like it use to.be. If we put the prep in and then instead of the negativity! sing, bounce, go bloody mad for 90 minutes

Your club needs you.
Stanleymad and smobile like this.

Last edited by AsFc62; 07-01-2013 at 23:55.
AsFc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 00:37   #3
Senior Member+

All this feeling 'low' prompted me to look in other areas to determine if there might perhaps be another reason for the collective depression widely expressed in this thread, and now I can ask the question...

Do some of us have 'the winter blues' ?...because according to the boffins....

"One in 15 Britons becomes depressed in winter and suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Millions more have low spirits or "the winter blues" during the winter months"....as do One in 15 Stanley Fans by the sound of it !!...( Me included ?).

So if the short, dark days are getting you down, what can we do to feel like ourselves again? "....well Choirboy said it loud and clear... When the Wombles arrive at The Crown'...Lift your spirits, Lift your voices, and jointly we can Lift the Reds to achieve their true potential !!...and hopefully we'll beat those blue, blue, Winter Blues ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:55   #4
Senior Member+

Great stuff boys! Well done for the early response.
Come on Stanley fans ..... Jump on Board and let's go for the REDS !!
See you at the weekend Ash... (Saturday morning best for me please)
Bob
Old 12-01-2013, 22:40   #5
God Member

More important than ever that we make this happen and get behind the boys next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 08:36   #6
God Member

If everyone brings a friend or two it really can make a difference noise wise and also help raise some money for a terrific cause.

As Joe says it really is more important than ever for us to become the twelfth man

If anyone wants an A3 or A4 Match poster to put up in their workplace, car or whatever send me a pm with your email address and I will gladly forward you a copy.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 12:21   #7

Will organise for the lads and anyway who wishes to help out to go down to the ground on Saturday morning before the Wimbledon game.

10am at the Crown Ground.
Job - getting the terrace looking like the old days

PRIORITY - getting the Clayton End behaving like the old days.
Old 15-01-2013, 12:35   #8
God Member

Bounce bounce bounce!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 12:53   #9

Leam Richardson's Yellow & Blue Army !
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 13:57   #10

Unless my game is called off I wont be attending on Saturday but i'll be there in the morning to sort the terrace etc
Old 16-01-2013, 22:18   #11
Senior Member+

Well done Ash. I will be there at 10am to help....
Could be subject to weather though....
We might get asked to help shovel snow off the pitch??!!
ON STANLEY ON
Old 17-01-2013, 12:30   #12

If on bringing car full only room in boot now
Wynonie Harris and smobile like this.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 09:31   #13
Senior Member+

Just recalling my appeal from 10 days ago. A call to get behind the team,bring friends on to take advantage of the great offer from the club of entry for only £5 / £1 for under 12's.
This game is a massive "Six Pointer" and we really need to win it and get the ball rolling! The Ultras are going to try to make it a great day too.

"Come on real Stanley fans/Ultras. Let's make the next home match, Jan 19th v AFC Wimbledon, a sea of colour and noise like we did so often up to a couple of seasons ago. Tell everybody about the club deal of getting on for only a "Fiver" and £1 for under 12's....... (See fishy site).

Come on you REDS!!"
Old 18-01-2013, 10:27   #14

Game off frozen pitch. Wonder if the £5 will apply for the replay, but will probably be a weekday,so will lose the impact.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 11:18   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Game off frozen pitch. Wonder if the £5 will apply for the replay, but will probably be a weekday,so will lose the impact.
If they can re-arrange for Tuesday 29th Jan, nobody else playing, might have the same impact.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..