Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2017, 13:09   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Volitaire?

Bleedin' foreigners, eh? Why can't they have proper names like us? Still don't see how you can compare the likes of Somerset with with a radical terrorist and at no point did I attempt to "justify" his "ramblings". I merely defended his right to express his views. It's called freedom of speech.
Old 28-02-2017, 13:12   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Bleedin' foreigners, eh? Why can't they have proper names like us? Still don't see how you can compare the likes of Somerset with with a radical terrorist and at no point did I attempt to "justify" his "ramblings". I merely defended his right to express his views. It's called freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech is it not the same for everyone? i sure dont think so! Why is there no comparison? its still freedom of speech! to me its a very important point.
Old 28-02-2017, 13:12   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Happy to "remove" our poster from the South West; if any others call for this course of action?

Mindful of being as fair as possible!!
I vote he goes
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 13:13   #19

I thought Somerset was absolutely hilarious. Couldnt see anything wrong with what he wrote. I've no doubt Somerset was not offended by any abuse either.

Anyway, in the same way that we should be respectful of the referee, and that we may not always agree with him - even if we think an error of judgement has been made - I apologise to the moderators for sending my follow up thread.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 13:21   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well Lord D, you can respect "Kettle" all yeh want, i certainly do not, respect should never be given, to me it must be earned.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-02-2017, 13:24   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
How can you compare a harmless eccentric like Somerset with a radical terrorist?
...and who's this "Volitaire" bloke

THIS THREAD IS GETTING INTERESTING !...SO ARALDITE !.

Last edited by Neil; 01-03-2017 at 01:16. Reason: fix quote
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 13:28   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Freedom of speech is it not the same for everyone? i sure dont think so! Why is there no comparison? its still freedom of speech! to me its a very important point.
So you can't see the difference between somebody preaching death and destruction to this country and some slightly strange bloke commenting on our pitch? Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. And if that makes me a "fool" and a "do-gooder" because I've dared to contradict your point of view, so be it.
Old 28-02-2017, 13:39   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Of coarse i can see the difference, but to me the way things have developed in the world, freedom of speech is no longer valid, yeh cant say he can have it but he cannot.
Old 28-02-2017, 13:48   #24
Senior Member+

Somerset is beautful
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 14:01   #25
Senior Member+

Erudite maybe....but to a lad in his dotage struggling to keep his head above water ..I am beginning to find the thread somewhat confusing !.

I do hate to think that I am in some way missing the point lads !.

Incidentally, I didn't find Mr ..or is it Mrs ? Somerset at all offensive....just so boringly repetitive, so if our Moderators choose to allow him to post in future I would...if only to keep some sort of accord between hallowed postees on our Forum , look on from a distance.

( As Mr T would say though, I doubt if THIS post really has owt to do wi t'Stanley ! ).

KTF.
Old 28-02-2017, 14:04   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Somerset is beautful
......at this time of year ?.
Old 28-02-2017, 14:52   #27
Senior Member+

...and who's this "Volitaire" bloke anyway?

He never played for the Dingles as he isn't old enough!
He's currently playing for a Parisien Youth Team. Chelsea have been watching him and are impressed with his 'Vision' and desire to 'Express Himself' on the field of play.
Apparently he enjoys the 'Freedom' to rove around the pitch and he has scored a few dramatic goals already!
/

Last edited by choirboy; 28-02-2017 at 14:54.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 15:20   #28
God Member

Apparently he enjoys the 'Freedom' to rove around the pitch and he has scored a few dramatic goals already![/B]/[/QUOTE]

can we sign him. sounds just what we need.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 16:28   #29
Senior Member+

I completely forgot we have the ignore option in settings but of course it only works if your signed in
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 18:12   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Bit inconsistent Cashy, you defend to the death people's right to criticise Stanley players and state opinions - as long as you agree with them, anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
People who actually watch Stanley are entitled to have a view,as are fans who cos they live well away, also even if they cannot come, shame yeh unable to see that difference.
The point is I can

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..