Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By afrikaaner
  • 3 Post By Billy Casper
  • 1 Post By tonyalveston

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2013, 13:45   #1
God Member

Voodoo Hoodoo

It's impossible to find a thread that isn't turning into a dog fight between the pro/anti Leam camps, and I don't wish this to do the same.
But, given that the topic of the day (and the next two months) is Stanley's survival as a league club, has anyone else noticed that the last game, at home, is against....Oxford United ?

Who entered the league when Stanley resigned?
Who went out of the league when Stanley returned?

Just what kind of fixture ju-ju has brought about this ominous event?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2013, 14:01   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Voodoo Hoodoo

Kismet Hardy.
Old 20-02-2013, 14:46   #3
God Member

Despite the strange set of circumstances regarding Oxford, the other point worth noting if the worst came to the worst, Oxford went out of the league and yet there last match this season is a LEAGUE game
Old 20-02-2013, 17:07   #4

Always said i'd never post on here again,but i have to say what's the point of shouting for Liams head,at the end of the day he took over after judas Cook jumped ship to go to Chesterfield.Results started going down hill after that,perhaps it knocked the stuffing out of the team.Liam has been a good servant to Accy so instead of griping get behind him and the team,at the end of the day a manager can only tell the players what he wants them to do,what they do on the pitch is not necessarily what they should be doing.I know they are now close to the drop and i don't think some of the players are good enough to play for Accy,i can only hope Liam can pull them together starting against Cheltenham.Every game is now a 6 pointer,so i hope everybody gets behind the team on saturday and cheers them to a win.
Mr T likes this.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 17:46   #5

" at the end of the day he took over after judas Cook jumped ship to go to Chesterfield.Results started going down hill after that,"

Just 2 small points

Firstly Results started to go downhill way before Judas left eg Oxford.

Secondly
IT,S LEAM
Outback Ozzy, Redash and Mr T like this.
Old 20-02-2013, 18:14   #6

Is the only reason that we have waited to make a decision re' our management, is the thought of the compensation involved. The club cannot possibly find any money, least of all a payment to Leam, regardless of if he should go or not. Then again Directors, if you are behind him , untie his hands and provide the necessary funds. Alvi
Mr T likes this.
tonyalveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 20:12   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It's impossible to find a thread that isn't turning into a dog fight between the pro/anti Leam camps, and I don't wish this to do the same.
But, given that the topic of the day (and the next two months) is Stanley's survival as a league club, has anyone else noticed that the last game, at home, is against....Oxford United ?

Who entered the league when Stanley resigned?
Who went out of the league when Stanley returned?

Just what kind of fixture ju-ju has brought about this ominous event?

Curiously enough Exile...and with Oxford United in mind,
It crossed my mind at the time, and has been kept there by the countless posts attempting to pin-point just where the Reds started their 'fall from grace' !!...that at the moment when Oxford United scored their third and equalizing goal in the FA cup to secure a replay, then not only did this knock the stuffing out of the team at that time...but they never really recovered much of the composure they had shown previously to that game.
That last-minute goal was, as faces and drooping spirits
betrayed. so traumatic for the players,and totally destroyed their chances of a Cup run !....so I ask if this actually was the first straw that, along with many others, has placed the heavy burden of League survival on our team ??...is OXFORD UNITED a synonym for Nemesis ??.........we'll see !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..