Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2019, 09:43   #16
God Member

Re: vs Bristol Rovers thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
...seeing Jordan Clark stood on the half way line whenever we have an attacking set piece just leaves me scratching my head..
Agree, 28, but the only way it might be worse would be if McMarmite, with all his tackling prowess, was designated the ‘last man’ on the half way line with the task of stopping to a breakaway!
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2019, 11:01   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Got to agree that some of the blatant fouls that went unpunished by the ref reached teeth gnashing proportions.
Predicted a hard fought draw & so it proved - happy with a point.
thought there would have been another 2 minutes extra to be added for their time wasting at the end. i too was happy with a point. we might have been the better footballing side but they all put everything into their game and deserved something out of it. main plus was the two new lads who will get better after training with the rest.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 12:43   #18
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Agree, 28, but the only way it might be worse would be if McMarmite, with all his tackling prowess, was designated the ‘last man’ on the half way line with the task of stopping to a breakaway!
I would prefer we played a 'keeper further back myself.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 16:39   #19
Senior Member+

Well, to say I am surprised by some of the comments on here, is astounding. Apart from the free kick in the dying seconds of the game, did Bristol Rovers threaten and that was the only time I felt nervous about the team actually losing. Apart from that, how many saves did Maxted have to make, maybe one. Both the new guys played exceptionally well in my opinion and i foresee exciting times ahead for the remainder of the season. In fact, the whole team played well, the only blip was not sticking the ball in the net, but as others have said, 1 point is better than none. Referee and his assistants were totally inept, the one on the EW stand side could not keep up with play at all! Short corner routine were a waste of time, especially when Ross Sykes is in the box. Onwards and upwards till the end of the season now.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 19:28   #20
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

10 minutes highlights of yesterdays game NewsNow: Loading story... or short 59 seconds sky highlights https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...bristol-rovers
choirboy and ferret man like this.
Old 13-01-2019, 19:37   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Well, to say I am surprised by some of the comments on here, is astounding. Apart from the free kick in the dying seconds of the game, did Bristol Rovers threaten and that was the only time I felt nervous about the team actually losing. Apart from that, how many saves did Maxted have to make, maybe one. Both the new guys played exceptionally well in my opinion and i foresee exciting times ahead for the remainder of the season. In fact, the whole team played well, the only blip was not sticking the ball in the net, but as others have said, 1 point is better than none. Referee and his assistants were totally inept, the one on the EW stand side could not keep up with play at all! Short corner routine were a waste of time, especially when Ross Sykes is in the box. Onwards and upwards till the end of the season now.
I’m also baffled by your response. Which comments - be specific - do you find astounding ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 23:50   #22
Senior Member+

No-one has yet congratulated Jonny Maxted for keeping a clean sheet in such miserable conditions for a Goalkeeper !... Hope there are more to come !.

Incidentally, perhaps being Captain allows Der Wundekinde the luxury of choosing to take all Corners and Free-kicks himself !.. mostly to no avail !. ( Just thinking aloud ! ).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 08:29   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought Maxted did very well those conditions were atrocious,probably contributed a bit to the game.
Old 14-01-2019, 13:16   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
No-one has yet congratulated Jonny Maxted for keeping a clean sheet in such miserable conditions for a Goalkeeper !... Hope there are more to come !.

Incidentally, perhaps being Captain allows Der Wundekinde the luxury of choosing to take all Corners and Free-kicks himself !.. mostly to no avail !. ( Just thinking aloud ! ).

He doesn't need to be captain to have exclusivity though does he ? Always has ... always will.
Old 14-01-2019, 13:24   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

Not rising to it Alan
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 13:26   #26
Full Member+

Who do you think tells Billy to take the pen's, well it could be the same with corners and free kicks
AccyMad likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 13:48   #27
Senior Member+

Well clearly the Manager !
However wouldn't you think we'd change things around every now and then ?
It's not like there aren't options - Barlaser Clark immediately come to mind.
Old 14-01-2019, 13:58   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
This is Accy we don't do change.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 14:08   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
This is Accy we don't do change.

Which probably explains why we've been "found out"
Predictable.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-01-2019, 14:31   #30
God Member

Quote:
Barlaser has taken a couple of free kicks recently & Billy took one on Saturday
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..