Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2018, 17:08   #16

Re: vs Colchester thread.

I thought we were ok. A bit off colour but still too good for Colchester.
Ihekwe would have been my MOTM but Barlaser did ok.
KiTChener likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2018, 18:25   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Personally i woulda give it Ripley, we certainly wouldnt have been in it but fer him in the first half. was Barlaiser gave the ball to the colchester striker for one of Ripleys great stops.
smudgie and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-11-2018, 18:45   #18

Ripley did well as per usual. Thought he also did well with their penalty appeal. Gave Nouble an opportunity to dive but kept well away from actually committing himself.

Charman did well up front, but we deffo lack a killer touch from all the chances we created. Billy headed over when he should have scored, (I think he’s been very poor from open play this season. Has he got more than a couple that aren’t penalties?) loads of shots flew wide etc.

Anyway, a comfortable win after they ran out of ideas after the first 15 mins.

Stockport away next round please.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 10-11-2018, 19:15   #19
Senior Member+

TBO I thought the Us were very unlucky to go away as losers today, for much of the match Stanley were 2nd best, Barlaser goal took a heavy deflection and ended up being the only difference between the two sides
monkey hanger likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 19:18   #20
Senior Member+

Well my first trip up to the crown this season, great to sit in the new stand.

Have to say my highlight was the ultra's display before the game, far more enthralling than what was being served up on the pitch. Well done to all those involved.

Thought we where outplayed for the vast majority of the game and we are rather lucky to be into Round 2.

Apart from Ripley and the back 4, I thought the rest of the team where lacking in every department. Boy wonder was absolutely dreadful in particular. EVERY single corner and free kick!?

Kee and Charman looked miles of the pace.

Im not a football manager but we seemed to lack creativity in Midfield, disappointed not to see Brown in the middle of the park. Anyone that goes every week know why he was absent ?

Here's hoping for another home draw in Round 2.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 19:18   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If we play like we did today we wont go no farther in the F.A. Cup. we were dire apart from about 15 mins before half time, MoM today was a bit of a joke imho.
Yep, not the best game but we're through to round 2 which is the important thing - agree about motm, personally I would've given it to Jordan Clarke - he never stopped today
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 19:39   #22

Very poor in my opinion apart from keeper and little in the middle, similar to midweeks combination. Wingers cutting in is our only creativity from what I can see. Hopefully that improves , if not we’ll have another week we’re our attendance is apparently 200 less than Southport v Borham Wood ��
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 20:00   #23

First 20 minutes, we struggled. A few mistakes and mis-placed passes. From here we had the majority of the chances without playing to are best. My men of the match where ikeheke and richards-everton. Ripley made some great stops but had a couple of iffy moments. Fair to say Billy has not been at his best of late. Charman showed a few touches but did not make me say we have to pick him over are other striking options.
It felt like being back in league 2 today, smaller crowd and grinding out another 1-0 win.
Ultras display a massive credit to all whom organised it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 20:34   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The only real highlight for me was defo the Ultras Display, great credit to those who worked on it.
Old 10-11-2018, 20:59   #25
God Member

Just love it when somebody who hardly sees a game rocks up & slates the whole thing - no, it wasn't the best game we've seen this season but at least give the lads credit for snatching the win & passage into the next round.
Obviously, for some Sean is still the whipping boy but can't understand why anyone could find much fault with his free kicks or corners today - who else on the pitch could've taken them?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:55   #26

Welll said Chevyfire, well said Accymad.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:17   #27
Senior Member+

very disappointed in the attendance 1267, most of us guest around the 2000 mark
but at leased the £36000 round money will subsidies them missing fans,
maybe another trip to Southport in the 2nd round propper
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:48   #28
God Member

forgot about the game by the time i drove to the top of livingstone road. it was the cup i suppose where winning 1 nil or 10 nil is just the same with no guarentee of a decent home draw because of it. hope we do not draw the winner of hartlepool gillingham away as that would guarentee a game in kent with my luck.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:11   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just love it when somebody who hardly sees a game rocks up & slates the whole thing - no, it wasn't the best game we've seen this season but at least give the lads credit for snatching the win & passage into the next round.
Obviously, for some Sean is still the whipping boy but can't understand why anyone could find much fault with his free kicks or corners today - who else on the pitch could've taken them?

Jordan Clark.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:18   #30
Senior Member+

The whole day was very flat. A bit shocked to be honest thought there would have been at least another 400 on the attendance. With the issues over loanees and playing I thought Coley would have gone back to Conneely and Brown centre mid. Sam in particular needed a rest I think because he's going to have his hands full Saturday.
Completely off subject but the parent clubs saying no re Anderton and Hall says we need to do business in January. We definitely need a left back if Anderton goes back to Blackpool or is sold by them.
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..