Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 19:45   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: vs Colchester thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Cheltenham wouldn't be ideal for a replay either . . . . . . . .
True but Ebbsfleets even worse.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-11-2018, 09:03   #47
God Member

really could not have got a kinder draw. we at home against beatable sides. win and get a premier club at the wham and then people will actually find their way to the wham.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 09:34   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
really could not have got a kinder draw. we at home against beatable sides. win and get a premier club at the wham and then people will actually find their way to the wham.
I don't often correct other posts as you know MH !.. But I think that your last sentence should read ' might actually find their way to the Wham '.. with strong emphasis on the word MIGHT ?.

I share your feelings entirely !... and like everyone else ask the question ' what more do the Reds have to do to ensure the support which they so richly deserve ? '. A question asked so many times on our Forum.. But never if ever answered to a degree where an appropriate increase in attendance is forthcoming !... So frustrating for all concerned .

ON STANLEY !. ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 13:07   #49
God Member

[QUOTE=yonmon;1219407]I don't often correct other posts as you know MH !.. But I think that your last sentence should read ' might actually find their way to the Wham '.. with strong emphasis on the word MIGHT ?.

a lot depends on who we draw. if its the manchester two the television fans will be out in force with their offspring bringing them down to watch the team they say they support but never actually go.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 13-11-2018, 13:08   #50
Super Moderator

Personally, I thought attendances were showing a marked improvement recently. There were almost 2,400 locals on for the Pompey match. Yes, last Saturday's gate was disappointing, but a lot of folk will have spent their brass on advance tickets for Barnsley and Sunderland for themselves and their families and perhaps this was an expense too far. After so many years of apathy, building the support base is always going to be a case of two steps forward, one step back.
Old 14-11-2018, 08:03   #51
God Member

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;1219414. Yes, last Saturday's gate was disappointing, but a lot of folk will have spent their brass on advance tickets for Barnsley and Sunderland for themselves and their families and perhaps this was an expense too f

but not for season ticket holders. if it was raining heavy or a real cold day i could understand a lower gate and i really hope those who didn,t or couldn,t be bothered to turn up start going on about the magic of the cup if we get through to round 3 and get a cracking draw.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..