Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2019, 17:18   #16
Full Member+

Re: Vs Ipswich thread.

Another one bite's the dust.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2019, 17:50   #17

Might be a daft question and i.ve missed something.

But why no Zanzala today ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 17:55   #18
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Might be a daft question and i.ve missed something.

But why no Zanzala today ?
Red card = suspension I guess?
Old 05-01-2019, 18:30   #19

Even the arrival of BBC Footie Focus & the loss of half our loan players couldn't spoil Stanley's party today.
In stepped our reserves to show our illustrious Championship visitors how to win an FA Cup match.
There was really no need for any pre-match nerves. We outplayed Ipswich for 45 minutes & should have lead by the break.
The tractor boys must have had the hairdryer from Paul Lambert at half time as they were out a full 5 minutes before the 2nd half kicked-off.
They began to dominate possession & came close to scoring on 2 or 3 occasions but thanks to some excellent defending & woeful finishing never quite managed it.
A truly outstanding performance for our boys to withstand the pressure & then deliver the killer blow.
Sykes deserved his m.o.m. award & Big Ben a medal for rising above everyone to deliver the perfect header onto Billy Kee's noggin.
What a difference a win makes.
Our cup runneth over!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 20:09   #20
Junior Member+

Congratulations from Barnsley!

AndyD - I said you had a chance today mate.

Ps. It dunt half smell coming out of Burnley!

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
FitzyTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 20:49   #21
Full Member+

That was more like the performances we have come to expect from Stanley. MOTM could have been at least three including Ross. Sam Finley played a blinder. I noticed no Susa on the bench anybody know why. If he was fit he should be playing a lot more. A well deserved win today. Nice to see Kayden get a warm welcome back. All we need on Monday is a draw against MAN U away.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 20:51   #22
God Member

Was it just me who wasn't too impressed with Mangan today? Hurry back Ozzy for goodness sake - & yet, from his celebrations at the end you'd think he'd been instrumental in the win. Sorry, but still not impressed
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 21:00   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
That was more like the performances we have come to expect from Stanley. MOTM could have been at least three including Ross. Sam Finley played a blinder. I noticed no Susa on the bench anybody know why. If he was fit he should be playing a lot more. A well deserved win today. Nice to see Kayden get a warm welcome back. All we need on Monday is a draw against MAN U away.
Where would you play Sousa mate ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 21:13   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Where would you play Sousa mate ?
Good question - Piero is twice the player Sousa is & he's struggling to get in the team so . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 21:23   #25
Full Member+

Sousa could do a job in a couple of areas, He has even scored so he could play of Billy for a while. Piero is a left winger. He needs a lot of game time to get up to scratch. I hope he does some extra game time soon or he may well be off. As for the money for Kayden and janoi I don't think the club have received it yet.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 22:16   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Was it just me who wasn't too impressed with Mangan today? Hurry back Ozzy for goodness sake - & yet, from his celebrations at the end you'd think he'd been instrumental in the win. Sorry, but still not impressed
Well, I was 250 miles away, but to name but two, Dan and Brett commenting for Radio Lancs did actually sound pretty impressed with him. Which given that he hasn't featured since October (?) came as a bit of a surprise really. But from the past I only expect him to get red cards ….. perhaps he's matured
Old 06-01-2019, 00:06   #27
Full Member+

Coley also thought that Mangan had done well in his post game interview but , to be honest I can't really recall him having that many touches on the ball ? He just seemed to run around making a damned nuisance of himself............... as Chimer said, perhaps he's matured.

Last edited by Reamer; 06-01-2019 at 00:09.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:45   #28

Did we let the players who went out on loan play in the cup? Wondered if Erico was cup tied.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:49   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Personally i would like Gillingham at the Wham, to get us own back for that abysmal display at seasons start, also for the brass that would bring in, then MAN U or Liverpool Away will do very nicely.
KiTChener and Greeny like this.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:52   #30
Senior Member+

Another enjoyable FA Cup day yesterday, nice to see a good crowd on.

Agreed with others, I thought Sykes in particular was magnificent. Definitely deserves a run in the side with all his patience! Also must mention Ripley, what a save that was close to the end of the game.

Surely we deserve a "BIG" gun in Round 4 !!?
KiTChener likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..