Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2007, 16:06   #61

Re: vs Maccelsfield

Well done lads - great result and a great achievement. See you all next season for more League 2 football!
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2007, 16:20   #62

Dr Proctors Football Medicine
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 16:22   #63

Well done Accy(especially Toddy!)on staying up
hucknallmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 16:31   #64

If boston win and mac lose macs are down. If boston win, wrexham win or draw and mac draw then mac are down. I am praying that the bunch of cheats are sent out of this league. They've never heard of sportsmanship and if they go down it's good riddance to bad rubbish.
Old 28-04-2007, 17:04   #65
Senior Member+

Proctor's goal was probably the best I've ever seen at the FES (and any other names it's been called), in 30 seasons (could be more, but lost count ). He couldn't have hit it any better or any more accurately.

When Redash posts the highlights tomorrow, he's going to be one proud Daddy
Old 28-04-2007, 17:25   #66

Yippee !!! Well done Stanley!!! see you next season.

Maccelsfield crowd and Players seemed like a descent lot. I hope they stay up.
Old 28-04-2007, 17:42   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Proctor's goal was probably the best I've ever seen at the FES (and any other names it's been called), in 30 seasons (could be more, but lost count ). He couldn't have hit it any better or any more accurately.
Well put TM, if not for Welchy's screamer against Stockport, Procky's would definitely be Goal of Season.

But they all counted, (isn't relief a wonderful thing ).

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 17:43   #68

Brilliant!!! Well done to everyone concerned at Stanley football club.
After what must have been the lowest ebb of the season at Rochdale who would have thought we could have won 5 games in a row at home.
Great that we don't have to go to MK dons for a win --we can all relax now.
Now looking forward to next season's fixtures.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 17:45   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Stan View Post

Maccelsfield crowd and Players seemed like a descent lot. I hope they stay up.
I have to disagree with you there, biggest bunch of cheats I have ever seen. Their 36 and 9 are a disgrace to football.
Old 28-04-2007, 17:46   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Well put TM, if not for Welchy's screamer against Stockport, Procky's would definitely be Goal of Season.
To be honest, I think that Procky's is a better strike. Welch's was just about hitting it as hard as possible, whereas Procky's was about power, curl and dip.

As you say though, they all count, so I'm not arguing.
Old 28-04-2007, 17:53   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
To be honest, I think that Procky's is a better strike. Welch's was just about hitting it as hard as possible, whereas Procky's was about power, curl and dip.

Yes, the luxury of nuances (is that a film?), 3 vital goals from Procky this season, Cart On.

Old 28-04-2007, 17:53   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:

Quite right TM, it reminded me of the one Craney scored from about the same distance/angle and it lodged in the goalframe, thought Proccies second was going to do the same. A number of supporters have admitted to being nervous for most of the week, me, yep I was one of them, bricks spring to mind. Absolutely brilliant game for the neutral, shame about the ref Mr Deadman (absolute banker). Ince was going ballistic on the touchline trying to get decisions his teams way, never seen JC do that
Nice tosee a crowd of over 3000 - 3012 to be precise, where have you all been, you have missed some terrific footy at the FES. Do come back next season for another crack at fighting for play-offs/promotion.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 18:03   #73
Super Moderator

Brilliant atmosphere on the Clayton End today and the lads played some marvellous football.

...but I'm so glad it's all over. It's like a weight's been lifted from my shoulders.

Roll on next season!
Old 28-04-2007, 18:20   #74
Senior Member+

Great to see Godwin jumping around at the end too. He's here on loan from a Premiership club, but you'd think he'd won the World Cup with us!

Superb attitude from a player with a very bright future. Hope we can secure him for next season (maybe ).
Old 28-04-2007, 18:34   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Great to see Godwin jumping around at the end too. He's here on loan from a Premiership club, but you'd think he'd won the World Cup with us!

Superb attitude from a player with a very bright future. Hope we can secure him for next season (maybe ).
Dousing Coley with water, first time I've seen Coley back out of a challenge. The lad's been a joy, really pysching the lads up before the game, first to the ball etc. etc.

David Martin has been great as well, dour enough to be a yorkshireman, a goalkeeper who catches the ball .

Good technique, but his temperament is something that could take him a long way, takes me back to when English goalies were unquestionably the best in Europe. (30-40 years ago)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..