Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 16:22   #16

Re: Vs Man City XI

I'm absolutely gutted about not being able to go tomorrow,I have to work over the weekend and won't be finished in time to see the game,have a guess where I will be working tomorrow................

Yep,about 2 minutes away from Eastlands,gutted,was soooo looking forward to this match
Accy Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2007, 17:23   #17

wonderful news about the minute's silence for one of us on the terraces. Len would be thrilled I'm sure. Sorry I can't be there for him, Lindsay. It's just this sort of interaction between our club and fans that earn genuine respect and a little envy from Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs etc fans that I live and work among down here.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 20:02   #18
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Spoke to Lee yeterday, the Clayton End definitley shut for the game.
OK so where is the official confirmation on this? once again excellent comunication from the club

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 21:40   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
OK so where is the official confirmation on this? once again excellent comunication from the club
I spoke to Mick Schultz tonight and he said the Clayton end was a building site and would definitely be closed. But yes you are right, once again the club should have at least warned the supporters way in advance, however, I am at a loss as to why the roof is not finished
The weather has been in the workmens favour for most of the week, maybe EW has run out of cash
Yes you have all got the framework for a roof, but no roof yet

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:03   #20
God Member

Now on Fishy site main stand only turnstiles in use for this game!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 17:07   #21
God Member

team was
Arthur
Cavanagh, Williams, Roberts, Branch
Miles, Harris, Proctor, Boco
Mullin, McEvilly

subs
Fearon, Whalley, A TRIALIST (Godwins big brother?)

won 2-0 with a goal in each half from Mullin and then Evil.

Mully's goal was a bundled over the line effort after the keeper made a good save from his volleyed effort.

Evil's goal was typical of the big man. Played a one two near the wing and then powered onto the return ball before belting an angled shot into the far corner.

Arthur no fuss, held everything that resembled a shot
Cav, good first half but didn't need to be involved as much in the 2nd
Williams, diving header in the 1st half whilst laid on the floor! again no fuss got on with the job
Roberts one or two last ditch sliding tackles in the first half were close to be being fouls but was given the benefit each time. Commanding in the air
Branch was given the run around a little in the first half but his distribution was good
Boco typically surging runs but couldn't get his shots off quick enough. Looking near to his best
Harris and Proctor both did their jobs reasonably well and kept hold of the ball well
Miles always looks to get on the ball and get past people. Not as impressive as previous games against weaker opposition. bit of showboating near the end
Mullin usual game from the big man, no frills, got on with the job. Good holding of the ball and usual good distribution but not enough in the six yard box
McEvilly Jury still out on Evil. Powerful runs in the 2nd half but early on was let down with not being quick enough to the ball. But he does frighten defenders into early releases when he tackles back
Old 04-08-2007, 17:09   #22
God Member

Good runout today! Well impressed with Miles first half full of running, Kenny Arthur looks very solid between the sticks, Rommy looks like he's back to his best, thought Evil & Mullin looked good upfront a goal a piece, Branchy in fact the whole back four looked solid, Jay Harris looked good, excellent display, bodes well for next week and the start of new season, new roof looks awesome just need the cladding and we are rocking!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 17:26   #23
God Member

I'm impressed with our display today.
Roberts & Rocky were solid, looks like a good defensive partnership there.
Thought Miles had a decent game if a little patchy.
Evil took his goal well & his headed effort not long later was impressive, an athletic leap from the 'out of shape' fella. He really didn't look too bad at all, a little slow off the mark a few times but nothing drastic.

I'm really surprised with how well the team is playing together in spite of all the new faces.
It was my first pre-season game today & it was encouraging stuff
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 17:55   #24
Senior Member+

They have a report up already:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pa...620&siteid=502

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 17:58   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post

excellent report. Very in depth and full of information for anybody who gives a toss about City's reserve team!
Old 04-08-2007, 18:52   #26
God Member

Sounds promising for the season. Any idea how many zillions tuned up?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 19:12   #27
Senior Member+

Mmmmm, Kenny Jackett, didn't know that, their goalie should be picked up by someone, and as a team they were plenty fit enough and gave our lads a good workout.

Evil is going the right way, lose a few more pounds and get match fitness and we're cooking, just hope the demons stay away.

No.20, centre half. Hard to judge on half a game, but I've seen worse, has strength and pace, and attitude was fine. Anyone know who he is?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 19:14   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
No.20, centre half. Hard to judge on half a game, but I've seen worse, has strength and pace, and attitude was fine. Anyone know who he is?
Not sure who he was, but he played at Squires Gate last Wednesday. He's been playing in France, apparently, possibly as Lens.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 04-08-2007 at 19:18.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 19:21   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
He's been playing in France, apparently, possibly as Lens.
That might explain his difficulty understanding Kenny Arthur and Cav.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 19:24   #30
God Member

Could this be the starting line-up for Wycombe,mystery new boy included??
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..