Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2023, 16:46   #16

Re: Vs Milton Keys Dons

Why is it, we always end up after 90 minutes with a stronger, more determined side than we kicked off with? There was two players in particular in the starting line up today that shouldn't have been, after consistently under performing week after week. Substitutions should have taken place at half time.
Greger likes this.

Last edited by keep the faith; 18-03-2023 at 16:49.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2023, 17:19   #17
Full Member+

Players moved on / sold last season have never been replaced like for like and 6 or 7 of the current first team regulars are nowhere near good enough at League 1 standard and would still struggle in league 2.
This is then compounded by the poor disciplinary record we have and then topped off by either late or poor substitutions.
Oh, and then theres the continual blame by Mr Coleman that all the referees are P... Poor.
The reality is the fact the referees and their officials who come to the Wham will be sick and tired of Mr Colemans continual bombardment of foul and abusive language to the 4th official so our card will be marked long before the game even starts.
Yes, we sometimes appear to be treated unfairly by the referees decisions but, i believe they are evened out over the course of the season.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 17:22   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Who plays the Coyle/Conneely role in mid-field?
Dan Martin

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 17:25   #19
God Member

Angry Re: Vs Milton Keys Dons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I'm starting it because I have been extremely successful in obtaining 3 points for the team when doing so. C'MON YOU REDS
A little later than expected

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 18:02   #20
God Member

That was the most abysmal performance from Stanley since their last abysmal performance.
We were shambolic.
Plan B, did we even have a Plan to start with?
Greger and keep the faith like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 19:22   #21
Full Member+

We would struggle in League 2 with a performance like today's.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 19:31   #22
Full Member+

Wish Jimmy Bell would stay on the touch line throughout the duration of the game. Its noticeable when he comes down onto the TL he seems to offer guidance and constructive coaching and direction to the players and tries to build up the confidence of the team whereby John Doolan just seems to wander about with a clip board scratching his head in bewilderment to whats happening whether good or bad.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 20:48   #23

The players looked visibly like they were and are a beaten team today after the match. The passing was poor in the first half and defenders simply surround Pressley knowing he is our target man. Happens most games. The substitutions upset any balance we had in the side and just mean't we always kicked long. A better side than MK would have had a goal fest today. Very dissappointing but we are what we are. Team needs a rebuild..................

I've deleted the rest of this post. Time for a proper inquest in May.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 20:59   #24

After watching the highlights - we were lucky to get away with a 1-0 loss.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 21:09   #25
God Member

Poor first half, slightly better in the second but despite eventually having 3 strikers on the pitch we still had very little up front with Kode being the better of the three.
I know Matt Lowe is just back from surgery & a long lay off but he just doesn't seem to be up to league 1 standards I'm afraid. As for Pressley, as I've said before he's either not fully fit or just not that bothered, after all he'll be back in Brentford in a few weeks so what does our current plight matter to him? Can only think it's down to the terms of his loan as to why we persist with him week in, week out, he shows no.urgency & little desire - just my opinion
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2023, 22:27   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Poor first half, slightly better in the second but despite eventually having 3 strikers on the pitch we still had very little up front with Kode being the better of the three.
I know Matt Lowe is just back from surgery & a long lay off but he just doesn't seem to be up to league 1 standards I'm afraid. As for Pressley, as I've said before he's either not fully fit or just not that bothered, after all he'll be back in Brentford in a few weeks so what does our current plight matter to him? Can only think it's down to the terms of his loan as to why we persist with him week in, week out, he shows no.urgency & little desire - just my opinion
Couldn't agree with you more Di !..About the game, about Pressley ( you forgot to add his lack of pace and skills !),about Matt Lowe who will never be a League player as long as he's got a ..... ?. ..and at the risk of getting a rocket ,there wasn't a Captain in sight today and this much needed leadership was totally absent !.
Behind the weaknesses so obvious in our crocked players and those ready to be put out to grass, was sadly , a lack of enthusiasm and a will to be better than their opponents..I didn't altogether agree with Joe when, during our pre-match chat he described the Reds being subject to the pressures of ' a Season too far '..But must now concur with his opinion in an earlier post that Stanley are ' In the mire !'
I close by repeating my usual disappointed Mantra that whilst MKD tried to play Football ( albeit, not that well ? ) the Reds merely kicked a ball around the field, which, as we all know, can only lead to failure ,more embarrassing wallowing in the 'Mire', and eventual relegation .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2023, 08:39   #27
God Member

One image that will remain with me from yesterday was Matt Lowe and Aaron Pressley challenging each other for a header from a throw in.

We ‘treated’ (sic) some friends to the game yesterday and they, who brought no prejudice or pre-conceptions of the club, couldn’t understand why Stanley didn’t seem to have a captain with some fire in the belly to drive on the team.
keep the faith and Watchdog like this.
Old 19-03-2023, 09:06   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
One image that will remain with me from yesterday was Matt Lowe and Aaron Pressley challenging each other for a header from a throw in.

We ‘treated’ (sic) some friends to the game yesterday and they, who brought no prejudice or pre-conceptions of the club, couldn’t understand why Stanley didn’t seem to have a captain with some fire in the belly to drive on the team.
This was more obvious yesterday than ever it has been been previously Exile. The one given the responsibility ( who I suspect will be chosen for this role for the next game ?) was not only anonymous in his overall game, but also bereft of those man-management skills necessary to be a leader and motivator of a team.
At a pivotal moment in Stanley's survival as a Football League team, I might suggest that this missing element is of paramount importance to the cause and needs adjusting !.
keep the faith, pifco and Watchdog like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2023, 12:24   #29
Senior Member+

Meanwhile, striker Joe Hardy went out on loan to Marine and scored on his debut:
https://marinefc.com/marine-3-0-fc-u...-match-report/
cashman and accytom18 like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2023, 16:27   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Poor first half, slightly better in the second but despite eventually having 3 strikers on the pitch we still had very little up front
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Meanwhile, striker Joe Hardy went out on loan to Marine and scored on his debut:
On Saturday’s performance I doubt anything would have been different if we’d had four ‘strikers’ on the pitch.
Here’s a snap shot of late in the game when Mitch Clark dribbled his way from outside the penalty anrea and towards the bye-line, from which he could only have crossed the ball - there was no other attacking option.
And how many of our three strikers can be seen waiting in the six yard box?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 10010ECA-6C01-411C-8BB1-1569978298EF.jpeg (382.8 KB, 18 views)
keep the faith likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..