Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2018, 14:20   #1
God Member

vs Peterborough

Bugga . 0-1
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2018, 14:46   #2
God Member

Re: vs Peterborough

%#&%#&%#*# . 0-2 . #&#&$#&&..might have to go back to feckin bed.
Old 29-12-2018, 14:50   #3

Coley needs to be brave. Bring on a striker for midfielder or defender at half time
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 14:54   #4
God Member

Agreed
Old 29-12-2018, 15:35   #5
God Member

0-3...maybe I'm still in bed and this is a bad dream...???
Old 29-12-2018, 15:45   #6
God Member

$@^%$@%&%^@$&%$@&%$@& now I'm really mad
Old 29-12-2018, 15:57   #7
God Member

Old 29-12-2018, 15:59   #8

Back to the drawing board.
Old 29-12-2018, 16:21   #9
Senior Member+

Not a good afternoon
Old 29-12-2018, 16:31   #10

Bish, Bash, Bosh!
Oh So Easy For The Posh

The stats sum it all up.
Only 34% possession over 93 minutes - at home!
Perhaps the most damning stat was that of our 19 goal attempts (only 6 on target), our main striker Billy Kee managed a grand total of 1.
Seems all opponents need do is to neutralise Kee & we're toothless.
'Posh's hat-trick Toney sinks Stanley's one trick pony!'
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 16:34   #11
Full Member+

Coley had got the tactics all wrong for this game. You can't expect Billy to be the lone striker against a team like Posh. we were second best to everything, In fairness we did have a couple of chances but they were not up to our usual standard. when Zanzala came on it changed the game completely. I thought we were going to pull a goal or two back. Not to be. Why is Billy preferred to start every game instead of Zanzala, suisa has not had a look in this season. I think Coley needs to be a little more ruthless in team selection and a little less loyal. We go again and hope that the manager can get the tactics right. He has done well so far and I am sure he will sort it out when he knows who he has got to work with after January.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 16:39   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The distribution today was very poor, the Posh didn't even look a good side, We started against the shrews with 2 up front and for the first 30 mins played the best football i have seen from Stanley this season, Today was just Billy on his own, Captain useless was playing. beats me why.he will NEVER be a Div1 player in my eyes, but no-one stood out at all. a couple of good chances were missed, but really sod all to shout about, Coleys trouble for me is much too loyal, cant see the wood for the trees.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-12-2018, 16:43   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Coley had got the tactics all wrong for this game. You can't expect Billy to be the lone striker against a team like Posh. we were second best to everything, In fairness we did have a couple of chances but they were not up to our usual standard. when Zanzala came on it changed the game completely. I thought we were going to pull a goal or two back. Not to be. Why is Billy preferred to start every game instead of Zanzala, suisa has not had a look in this season. I think Coley needs to be a little more ruthless in team selection and a little less loyal. We go again and hope that the manager can get the tactics right. He has done well so far and I am sure he will sort it out when he knows who he has got to work with after January.
Why change a winning team and bring Conneely in who quite honestly looks out of his depth at this level they were long ball to two quick forwards in Dembele and Toney when you play this kind of tactic you have to keep the ball on the floor and not lose possession none of which we managed to do bad day at the office we move on.
cashman, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 16:43   #14
God Member

In the first half our lads looked like they hadn't met before let alone played together. Anderton, who I've liked from day 1 was absent without leave, he hardly marked Toney at all but just left him to run riot - Ripley was all at sixes & sevens for their second goal too.
We looked better in the second half after the changes, but a lot of damage had already been done. Zanzala made a pest of himself & was unlucky not to see his efforts pay off.
Overall a very bad day at the office & definitely one to forget, yes their 4th goal shouldn't have stood as one of their players handballed it just before Toney bundled it in to complete his hat trick but by that time it didn't really matter.
It just always hurts more when a defeat like that is against one of Evans's teams
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 17:16   #15
Senior Member+

We were really poor today with the majority of our players probably having their worst game ever in a Stanley shirt!
People are bound to disagree in the post match analysis and say all sorts of things in the aftermath of a result like this but
IMHO the best thing to do is to simply forget it and look towards the next match.

The hope is that the "Off Colour" players today have got their "Bad Game" out of their systems and we get back to 'Normal' asap!
Naming individuals will do nobody any good....it was just generally a poor team performance.

Having said all that the Posh were quite good at 'bending/stretching' the rules like Portsmouth earlier in the season. They constantly ragged and nudged our players enough to stop our boys building any moves. They were also highly cynical and earned two yellow cards for 'Professional Fouls' when we did manage to break through their defence before the game was totally out of reach! The AWFUL quality of our passing did not help and neither did the referee once again.
Clearly no one would blame the result on the referee but one outstanding example of refereeing ineptitude was the obvious hand ball for their fourth goal which everybody in the ground saw except the referee!

A DAY TO FORGET FOR THE REDS
LETS MOVE ON.....
KEEP THE FAITH
ON STANLEY ON

AccyMad, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..