Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 16:47   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Vs Posh

awful awful display im seriously worried.

If it wasnt for arthur it would have been 8-0.

Midfield was nowehere to be seen.

Miles looks on a different planet, not a footballing 1.

only good points where arthur and dsane looked quick when he came on.

what a fool evil is, get rid!

branch should play center mid his talent is wasted at left back.

the only way is up
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2007, 16:55   #17

Boco shouldnt be playing on the wing, hes totally waisted when he plays there. The whole of the team looked too slow today and were not very organised at all. If i was coley i would play my best players ie boco in the positions they play well in, even if it means dropping harris or proctor. The only player on the pitch who was half decent today was Kenny Arthur the rest were no where near up to standard.
Old 01-09-2007, 17:08   #18
Senior Member+

You can tell that things are very bad all round.

Crowd only 1480-something. Just goes to show that bleating and moaning does nothing but put people off.

Very, very poor on the pitch. Team is disorganised and obviously very low on confidence. Played like odds-on certainties to be relegated. The thing is, we have nothing in reserve.

Blaming the referee is very silly. We created nothing and deserved nothing. It won't get any better either.
Old 01-09-2007, 17:20   #19
Senior Member+

Posh where clever with the referee.

they could see from the start he would only give decisions if they went down.
Stanley players and Coleman should have got on to this and started going down when fouled.

I have been having a go at Miles since he signed, today I was full of optimism with him playing up front.
He was slow, no work rate, couldnt read a kids ABC book.
we carried him in the first half.

Proctor was the worst IMO. i just dont rate him. He brings little to the team going forward, and defensivly he gets drawn out of position to easy - and doesnt get enough tackles in.

Richardson was poor, Williams will surely be dropped for Webb and Whalley was shocking at crossing - had a terrible 2nd half - i dont know why he threw a fit when he got subbed.
Harris had no idea what to do with the ball when he was given time to think - v.poor creativity.

No need to comment about evil - we all know the score. Coleman will have lost alot of respect for sticking with Evil.

David Brown didnt change much when he came on.

Only positives.
Boco - was decent enough when he was given support.
Branch - great ability to pass - not enough pace to play left back.
Mullins - improved performance, non stop working.
D'sane - lively, cant wait to see him start.
Aurthur - MOM today. Cant see him sticking around come May.

Annoyed how we can go from playing like league winners Vs Wycombe - to the crap we have suffered against Lincoln and Peterborough.

The final ball is diabolical.

Whos fault was the first goal? McEvillys?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 17:34   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Evil - do us all a favour & don't come back.

2-0 to the referee, yes, but we didn't help ourselves at all. Proctor left canyon sized gaps in the midfield and Rocky didn't do anything to help this.
Mully was good, just goes to show how much Evil has been bringing Mullin's game down.

Vintage performance from Kenny Arthur.
The referee was not to blame for our diabollical performance the clown who got a staright red and the other who went ruined it all when are we ever going to learn and as for the throwing of missiles at the officials from our bench the person who had his name taken by the ref should be sacked if that had been me throwing something I would have been arrested!! Two games this next week and I am afraid that if we don't get results somebody may be joining the growing number of unemployed managers!! SORT IT OUT
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 17:35   #21
Junior Member+

Talking Re: Vs Posh

Super, Super Posh
crinklecutchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 18:09   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinklecutchip View Post
Super, Super Posh
You was there to see them were you

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 18:33   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Two games this next week and I am afraid that if we don't get results somebody may be joining the growing number of unemployed managers!! SORT IT OUT
And just who exactly does the club get to replace Coleman??? The man is doing his best with limited resources.Too many individuals are letting the club down at the moment.

1) The midfield again didn't perform as an effective unit. Proctor was poor,totally ineffective.Boco is wasted played wide.Whalley ran down too many blind alleys and his crossing was nothing short of woefull.Harris worked hard but didn't achieve much.

2) The defence is making too many BASIC and rudimentary mistakes.To allow players to run unchallenged before shooting is just asking for trouble.After the first goal,THREE players were asking questions of Arthur.What chance did he have of stopping either goal?? Instead of blaming each other, it's time the defence started shouldering the blame collectively.It appears that the lessons of last term have not been learned.

3) Miles is simply not performing.I don't know what Coley saw in the lad to sign him.Other than his performance against Stanley in the Macclesfield game of last season, NOTHING of what I have seen of him this term warrants his place for automatic selection.

4) Our tactics at the moment are far too predictable.The opposition don't really have to do much homework,because they know exactly more or less what they have to do and what they are up against.One goal scored in five games is a disgrace.

Whilst the referee today made a telling contribution to our downfall,we can't be looking to use that as an excuse.I hope that Coley gets the players in for some serious extra training over the coming weeks.We have to start performing as a more effective unit, plain and simple.The players who aren't performing need a kick up the backside.If certain individuals aren't up to the task we need to find adequate replacements.

And finally to the idiots in the Clayton End who met McEvilly's dismissal with their chants of vocal wisdom i.e. F**k off back to Wrexham,GROW UP.That "chant" really sends out a positive message doesn't it??? If the players can pick up on this negativity it wont exactly work wonders for their confidence.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 18:41   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
And finally to the idiots in the Clayton End who met McEvilly's dismissal with their chants of vocal wisdom i.e. F**k off back to Wrexham,GROW UP.That "chant" really sends out a positive message doesn't it??? If the players can pick up on this negativity it wont exactly work wonders for their confidence.

agreed, as much as I disagree with his selection for the team over the last few weeks (dropped today) it does send the wrong message out to the team.

The squad and the management respect the Ultras for the support they give the team home and away, don't throw this away for the sake of Lee McEvilly.
Old 01-09-2007, 18:48   #25

We are to predictable, why don't we try dropping mullin? any team that play us know that we are going to play the long ball to mullin (who can not flick and move at this level) and thats a fact! if we put the team sheet out at 2.30 with McGivern and Dsane up front the other team would not have a clue how to deal with us and if needed bring mullin on as a sub!! Unfortunately i don't think we haven't even got the midfield to play skillfull football anymore and the long ball in is our only option!!!! Andrew proctor is just not good enough for this level as robbie williams isn't and whalley will never be good enough for us, what i have seen of miles too he just isn't good enough, we have too many players who are conference standard and if we continue to play them week in week out this is where what we will become, a conference team!!!!
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 18:56   #26

and as for evil i only wish the rest of our players had the same attitude, it must hard for him to dropped for doing nothing more then the people around him!!! he has caused problems for defenders in every game he has played, i only wish the rest of the players would show half of his attitude, if they did i wouldn't be typing this!!!
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 19:09   #27
Junior Member+

K S H.........No i didnt go today, like i said on an earlier post, i had to cover work in the morning, thus blowing my best laid plans.
This is the first league game i have missed this season. Perhaps if you had a few more fans with my commitment , you wouldnt be in the mire that hangs around your necks today.
Tell you what though!! i didnotice that lots of your "fans" were posting about the game DURING the game !!! Thats why your in such trouble!!
You had roughly 1000 home fans today. The same number that we took to Rotherham on on a miserable, raining sunday afternoon.
See you down at London Road mabey but somehow i doubt it
crinklecutchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 19:10   #28

Quote:
If the players can pick up on this negativity it wont exactly work wonders for their confidence.
you mean like Eric going public about how skint we are and how we are going to go to the wall? bloody hell talk about negitivity it was in most of the main red tops.. the Mirror even had a piece headlined " Here's another fine mess Stanley"

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 19:14   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinklecutchip View Post
Tell you what though!! i didnotice that lots of your "fans" were posting about the game DURING the game !!! Thats why your in such trouble!!
When you have fans that live in New Zealand and get out of bed specially to listen to the live commentary and post on here then I will put up with your wit, until then I'll ignore your posts from now on

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 19:14   #30
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilhaj View Post
and as for evil i only wish the rest of our players had the same attitude, it must hard for him to dropped for doing nothing more then the people around him!!! he has caused problems for defenders in every game he has played, i only wish the rest of the players would show half of his attitude, if they did i wouldn't be typing this!!!
Utter drivel, we should never have taken him back, he is overweight, too slow and a thug on the field who if he had a future in football seems to be long gone. He is Coleys big mistake and it may be his downfall, I hope not but lets see what he has to say at the fans forum on Wednesday.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..