Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 19:19   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Vs Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinklecutchip View Post
Tell you what though!! i didnotice that lots of your "fans" were posting about the game DURING the game !!! Thats why your in such trouble!!
Errm, Kiwi John, Michigan Red. I've underlined the clues, if you're still puzzled ask your geography teacher on Monday.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2007, 19:26   #32
God Member

I've updated the league table if you dare to take a look

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 19:28   #33
God Member

we have played four fancied teams and we are only six points from the top, come on Reds!
Old 01-09-2007, 19:44   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
we have played four fancied teams and we are only six points from the top, come on Reds!
And, only 3 points off play offs. We've got the strongest squad we've ever had, confidence boost on Tuesday, and we're off.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:13   #35
Senior Member+

Evil once again has to start problems! I thought branch and jay harris played superb but the hero was kenny without him it would of been 10-0. But stanley wernt closing down! for the first goal the posh player had time to set himself up and pick his spot. I also thought that the ref didnt help either however posh did play better. But great noise from the fans under the roof

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:14   #36
Senior Member+

The way I feel is nothing to do with results..... (well, maybe a little).

I've seen us lose many times and I've seen us relegated before. I've seen us exist in mid-table obscurity year after year. I just feel that we've hit a point where something needs to happen. I just don't know if the people who can make it happen, will do.
Old 01-09-2007, 20:17   #37
Resting in Peace

Funny old game, isn't it? We could have been four or five down by half time, but also we could have gone in one up if Mullin had got a little bit more on that free header just before the break. After that who knows - especially if we had played with the spirit we showed with only ten men - of course we have had more practice than most teams in that situation through the years.
Early days yet so lets keep the faith. I am expecting a positive reaction against Owdam on Tuesday neet.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:30   #38

Utter horror today. Peterboro' were simply on a different planet. The manager's team selection eccentric - again. He thinks Rocky/Dodgy Williams is the bees knees as we know. Eccentricity or lunacy? Another literally shocking performance from him (and others) today. And if Williams is so good as Mr Coleman thinks why is he scrambling for new centre backs of late? Had great hopes initially of Whalley but the siren calls from Witton could be heard on today's abysmal showing. Roscoe looked good when he got on and Arthur is excellent - that's it for the positives then. And, as for blaming uncommitted folk for not paying a fat wedge to see a team that barely escaped relegation last year and looks unlikely to emulate that performance this year, well, I don't! I am waiting, as Tin Monkey recommends, to see our performances against the lesser lights of League 2 to finally make up my mind but a change at the top must be that much nearer after today's debacle.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:31   #39
Member.

Oldham? Never heard of them. Still, if we keep the children off the pitch and play in the belief we can win, then why not.

Start climbing Stanley, it's a long way up.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:40   #40
Senior Member+

the result was probably expectwed by most of the football world.

that isnt my problem.

i have 4 main problems with today.

* most players showed no passion or commitment - that really winds me up.
* we have only 1 tactic and are not able to change our play or formation
* we looked like world beaters vs Wycombe - and some how from the 10th of August to the 1st September we have turned into Torquay.
* the ultras minibus to Shrewsbury is full
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:41   #41

Hiya guys and gals,

We were kinda thrown in at the deep-end today with technical problems scuppering the Burnley full-match commentary. Anyway, the bonus was we got full-match commentary and I have to say that I thought at times today we put up a good fight. I think there are more positives to take out of the game than negatives (apart from the sendings off) and also the 'doom and gloom' factor you have to put into context as in if you take a look who we have played in the opening few games, Wycombe (promotion contenders last season, and pre-season favourites to go up this season), Darlington (who just missed out on playoffs last season), Lincoln (who lost out in the playoffs last season), and now favourites for promotion Peterborough, if you said before playng them that we'd get three points from playing those teams then I think you would have taken it.

Maybe winning at Wycombe raised the bar and raised the level of expectancy too soon, I don't know about anyone else but when Mullin scored I was thinking all the pre-season bets were being thrown out of the window and promotion was a mere certainty, and I know I wasn't alone in thinking that at the time.

I can understand the negativity don't get me wrong, but on the upside we have had the toughest opening few weeks compared to other teams in our position and I think once we get the goals (starting Tuesday when we batter Oldham by at least 4 goals ) then the run will come!!!

If you can't make the game Tuesday, Dan and myself will be doing yet 90 minute commentary on the Stanley boys

Karen x

P.S. And on the upside two/three wins and we are top of the league x
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 21:06   #42
God Member

From my perch on the oputside looking in I agree in the main with Kaz about the difficulty of the opening fixtures. I said the same thing when I picked the 2 Miss Long Faces up after the game today.

Quote:
If you can't make the game Tuesday, Dan and myself will be doing yet 90 minute commentary on the Stanley boys
No disrespect to Dan & Karen and ( Dave & Paul at Burnley matches ) but when people are questioning the gates I wonder if full match commentary at home games is right. I can understand it being great for those who live away from Accrington and have no chance of getting to a game but I wonder how many people who live local can't be bothered because they can hear it on the radio. Thats not just at Stanley but I also disagree with the full commentary on Burnley home matches. I think only away matches for both clubs should have full commentary.

I think 2BR do a great job of supporting their local clubs but on this one my own personal opinion is that anything that gives people an option not to go to a match and give the club some money should be looked at, or maybe I'm just talking twaddle and it really has no effect
Old 01-09-2007, 21:11   #43
God Member

Lancsdave, I understand what you are saying, but I cant really believe that 2Br's coverage of BOTH teams takes fans away..........I wonder what the listening figures are,Dan Kaz?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 21:13   #44
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
maybe I'm just talking twaddle and it really has no effect
On Tuesday I will be heading down the M6 Southbound covered in sheep **** and sweat after a hard long slog in Lakelands mountains, if I'm down early i'll be at the game (covered in sheep **** and sweat), if not i'll be lugging it to Kaz and Dan. I hope you are talking twaddle, but I take your point.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 21:16   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Lancsdave, I understand what you are saying, but I cant really believe that 2Br's coverage of BOTH teams takes fans away..........I wonder what the listening figures are,Dan Kaz?
There's obviously a bigger picture that I don't know about Pete, ie presumably 2BR pay for the rights to broadcast live ? That may be worth more than any income from missing fans. I doubt it is a figure anyone could quantify but I do wonder if it has an effect.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..