Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 21:18   #46

Re: Vs Posh

I must admit todays performance was awful, the referee was dire, but that happens somewhere in football week in week out and as Karen said we have played some of the top teams in the division so far, its still early days and im sure we will fight our way out of the situation we find ourselves in at the moment...

Peterborough are reported to have spent around a million pounds on players....Stanley have no where near that amount of money to spend...its hard to try and stay positive, but i am... if we are still in the same situation by Christmas then i will start to worry..but until then...

...I'm Keeping the faith
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2007, 21:28   #47

I understand what you are saying but 2BR probably cover on average 6 full-match commentaries throughout the season and that's it. They primarily cover Burnley FC so can't see how we have a direct effect on it to be honest. The comment was mainly aimed at the contingent of fans who listen online who have no access whatsoever to getting onto the game, not people in the locality as the fans who come on this messageboard are the fans that go on week in and out and know already that we cover Stanley anyway. As well as that throughout the week Stanley are promoted as playing at home or away giving people the choice to go, I'd like to think the coverage that all the press gives Stanley goes someway in helping people come onto the games. It's better having some Google Page Ranking than no Google Page Ranking I think!!

I can understand what you are saying but thats like saying Radio Cambridgeshire who covered the full-match for Peterborough today still saw probably about 200-250 travel so not sure that it does make any difference!

I think it's down to the individual, I would love it if we had a full house every week at Stanley, it would be sound, but you just have to look at the attendances at Burnley and Blackburn to realise that sometimes that extra tenner that you have at the weekend might be needed for something more needy. I just don't know and if I did the stands at Stanley would be full x

Also, myself and Dan do go on and on on air about how we would like fans to come onto the game week in and out which should say a lot really.

Karen

P.S. Accyred I'm keeping the faith too :-)

Last edited by KarenFaz; 01-09-2007 at 21:34.
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 21:31   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenFaz View Post
I understand what you are saying but 2BR probably cover on average 6 full-match commentaries throughout the season and that's it. They primarily cover Burnley FC so can't see how we have a direct effect on it to be honest. The comment was mainly aimed at the contingent of fans who listen online who have no access whatsoever to getting onto the game, not people in the locality as the fans who come on this messageboard are the fans that go on week in and out and know already that we cover Stanley anyway. As well as that throughout the week Stanley are promoted as playing at home or away giving people the choice to go, I'd like to think the coverage that all the press gives Stanley goes someway in helping people come onto the games. It's better having some Google Page Ranking than no Google Page Ranking I think!!

I can understand what you are saying but thats like saying Radio Cambridgeshire who covered the full-match for Peterborough today still saw probably about 200-250 travel so not sure that it does make any difference!

I think it's down to the individual, I would love it if we had a full house every week at Stanley, it would be sound, but you just have to look at the attendances at Burnley and Blackburn to realise that sometimes that extra tenner that you have at the weekend might be needed for something more needy. I just don't know and if I did the stands at Stanley would be full x

Also, myself and Dan do go on and on on air about how we would like to fans come onto the game week in and out which should say a lot really.

Karen

P.S. Accyred I'm keeping the faith too :-)

Fair comment Karen, and very polite cos you could have just said I was talking twaddle
Old 01-09-2007, 22:04   #49

Do you guys really think the referee was that bias today?

Branch should have been sent of for a professional foul after 5 minutes, so was lucky to manage 85 minutes on the pitch. McEvilly was sent off for stamping on Jamie Day. You surely can't argue with either decision.

The penalty was definitely a penalty, Mclean would have scored had he not been fouled, so why would he dive?

Posh had a goal disallowed for no good reason, there was no way it was offiside, the ball came from a Stanley player.

To say the ref was to blame for your defeat gives you too much credit. No offence but you were not at the races today at all.

For our part we needed a win today for a confidence boost, worked hard and got the win. Best performance by Posh so far this season and that includes the Southampton game. The only down point was that we didn't finish you off earlier.

I always like coming to Accrington anyway, nice "Proper" ground although the bellybuster burgers are a bit steep at £4.50. At least you can watch some amateur football on the park behind the ground at Half time, too. The red team looked good. You should take a look at their number 7. Could do a job for you.
KenGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 22:09   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGandhi View Post

Branch should have been sent of for a professional foul after 5 minutes, so was lucky to manage 85 minutes on the pitch. McEvilly was sent off for stamping on Jamie Day. You surely can't argue with either decision.

The penalty was definitely a penalty, Mclean would have scored had he not been fouled, so why would he dive?

Posh had a goal disallowed for no good reason, there was no way it was offiside, the ball came from a Stanley player.

To say the ref was to blame for your defeat gives you too much credit. No offence but you were not at the races today at all.

For our part we needed a win today for a confidence boost, worked hard and got the win. Best performance by Posh so far this season and that includes the Southampton game. The only down point was that we didn't finish you off earlier.

I always like coming to Accrington anyway, nice "Proper" ground although the bellybuster burgers are a bit steep at £4.50. At least you can watch some amateur football on the park behind the ground at Half time, too. The red team looked good. You should take a look at their number 7. Could do a job for you.
for every foul or incident - your players went down like they had been shot.

Low threw his hands in the air for the 2nd challenge by branch.
McLean rolled around like he had been hit by a bus for the pen.

u deserved to win - but you wont win the league.
good luck.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 23:45   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:

I am not going to argue your points re Branch and the Penalty, but the offside goal (which planet were you on) there were at least two attackers offside when the ball went in the net, and I was in line with the linesman (sorry assistant referee). Quite clearly the correct decision. BTW if you must have a double cheeseburger then so be it, but normal cheeseburgers cost £2.50, you must have been hungry, thats all I can say.

Too other Accy fans, I am losing my faith rapidly. O.K. so we have played 4 of the fancied teams in the league as the first four games, but to me, Coleman is completely devoid of ideas. Evil should be sacked here and now for the stamp on the Peterboro player. I am assuming that Branchy will just miss the Oldham match, but McEvilly will be out for 3 (thank goodness). Roscoe D'Sane must start the next match with Rommy coming more into the centre of the field and let him roam and weave his magic.
I think as others have said on other threads, the time has come for EW to put up or shut up whinging. I will be there Tuesday night and next Saturday, and I expect a much improved performance. Hopefully Cav will be fit and Phil Edwards on the other side as the full back. Our new signing (if he has international clearance) and Roberts in midfield. I am also of the opinion that Paul Mullin should be rested along with Rocky. Give some of the reserves a chance to shine, especially on Tuesday. Who cares about the tin pot trophy.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 00:56   #52
God Member

Quote:
That's funny, because he couldn't hit a barn door all afternoon! He had umpteen chances at goal and squandered all but one.
You're going to have a very tough job chasing promotion with McLean and Boyd up front.

The stamp incident was disgusting, but let's face it; throughout the game Jamie Day went down more times than I care to remember, and always got up just fine after a sufficient amount of time on his arse (while the ref booked one of our players).

After we made that double substitution, our fate was sealed.
Had McEvilly stayed on the bench, the game could have turned out very differently. I actually thought we looked good as half-time came and was optimistic about the possibility of holding out for a draw or maybe even sneaking a winner. However after the substitution, the whole side was nothing short of absent, and you only just beat us two nil. If Posh can't demolish a side that plays like that 4-0 or more, they're never going to be promoted.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:07   #53
Senior Member+

The people blaming the referee are grasping at straws. It's always the same.

In all honesty (and we all know this inside), we're a poor (financially) club, with a poor (ability) team.

Grimsby next week will be the real test. We need to be winning at home against teams that are down there with us.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:55   #54
God Member

Not blaming the ref for defeat at all really. I think everyone recognises we were fantastically awful.
The ref's extremely below par performance can't go unmentioned though.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:14   #55
Senior Member+

What?

McLean was quality, he caused the back four problems all game, he's so strong and makes chances out of nothing e.g his goal and when he hit hte bar, he's a player...
Old 02-09-2007, 13:13   #56

My gut instinct on the disallowed goal was that it came of an Accrington player to fall to Day. The summariser on the Championship was equally confused by it as well. Still I'll admit I wasn't stood in a great position to see.

I can't say I've noticed us as a team of divers. We've got some bloody fast players, and we do get kicked and roughed up a hell of a lot, but obviously I watch the game with blue tinted spectacles (thats gluacoma for you).

As for Mclean, well he is one of the best strikers I've seen at Posh in years. Scored in each of his last 7 league games now and I fully expect him to expand on that. Boyd will come good for us, but the thing is that the best centre forward at the club (Mackail-Smith) is still two weeks away from fitness, and when he's back Boyd will be on the bench.

Accrington seems to be a much changed side from when we played in April. Then you took the game to us and pretty much dominated throughout, I was expecting more of the same to be honest, especially with our defence conceding 8 goals in our last 3 games.
KenGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 13:33   #57

I agree with Zayno , McLean is class, he murdered us in the conference and, if stays fit will probably be top scorer in the league... I still cannot forget his performance for Grays against us at the crown in the conference. Class
Old 02-09-2007, 13:33   #58

I wasn't at the game, but I would like to just say this you are saying that the ref was very biased towards us. If this was the case then its about time that we had one like that! We always get the refs that seem to think it's funny to make us play 12 men! Sorry that we had to get the ref that gave us everything against you guys, but like I say it's about time we had one that gave us everything!
tjpufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 15:30   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilhaj View Post
and as for evil i only wish the rest of our players had the same attitude, it must hard for him to dropped for doing nothing more then the people around him!!! he has caused problems for defenders in every game he has played, i only wish the rest of the players would show half of his attitude, if they did i wouldn't be typing this!!!
What bloody planet are you on? As soon as he came on I knew we'd be down to ten men, whether he got sent off or not. He'd been on for a minute & Peterborough scored - another 5 or so & he was off for a disgusting off the ball incident. The lad's a liability and Wrexham must be laughing up their sleeves at us, I said at the time they must have had good reason for paying up his contract and he's proved that to be the case. We should do the same before his petulant, thuggish attitude affects the rest of the team if it hasn't started to already and if we can't afford to do that then leave him to languish on the bench in the reserves until either his attitude changes or his contract is finished. Towards the end of his last spell here there was unrest amongst the lads and it was blamed on another player when some of us though that it was at least in part due to McEvilly - is it just a coincidence that now he's back that unrest is starting to show itself again with the lads arguing between themselves on the pitch? As for wanting the rest of the players to show his attitude - yeh why not - let's have em all sent off in one game eh!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 15:54   #60
Senior Member+

We can now look forward to D'Sane, Paul Carden and Sean Webb showing us what they can do.

I personally think D'Sane and Mullin will be the best thing since his partnership with Lutel James.

Nor have we seen a fully fit Lee McEvilly.

We had bad runs against the best teams last season after Roberts left including sequences of home defeats and again in the New Year. We took no points from the higher placed opposition in any of our last away games. This season we took 3 from our first.

This negativity is misplaced and an unnecessary distraction from the matter in hand which is to win games and needs to end fast before it becomes, a mind set and an unfounded self fulfilling prophesy.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..