Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2007, 16:19   #106
God Member

Re: Vs Shrews

We should do Zero, cart on in N yorks & cart on stanley

Hopefully cart off bad refs

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-09-2007, 19:26   #107
God Member

OMG what a nightmare match that seemed to be... and guess who slept through it all??

Was feeling bit off colour and went for lie down for 10 mins at 2.45pm and woke up at 6.45pm!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel fine now, in fact am up for a couple of drinks, think I will have to get the gin bottle out now

Def remember Mr A Hall, because we changed his last name to Hole last time, seems he deserved it today too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2007, 19:35   #108
God Member

Wondered where you were HR, thought maybe you'd made the trip to Wales. You were probably better off sleeping through it as it turned out, glad you're feeling better now though
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2007, 21:08   #109
Senior Member+

Having been to the match today, and left just after the second goal, I have to say what a load of rubbish. Nice wide pitch to exploit but we seemed stuck in the middle of the park. From what i saw, the Stanley man of the match had to be Mark Roberts, unlucky with two headers. Villain, thats easy, Jay Harris. He was lucky in the first half not to be carded for a similar tackle, but the second was plain stupid. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was a red card. Yes the ref was over fussy, even booked Paul Mullin after being jumped all over, tugged at and generally battered. Roscoe worked his socks off and was also unlucky. But overall, a very disappointing afternoon. Not impressed with the fans to the rear of us either. Jeez, stewards were trying to do their job, just as we do at home. Please give them a bit of respect. They do not make the rules, the local councils and F.A. do. They just have to uphold them, otherwise the ground gets closed down. Plus the language was downright disgusting. It is not necessary.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2007, 22:35   #110
Senior Member+

The stewards where a bit to keen. they had nothing else to do and confessed to not being football fans - so they used the ultras as entertainment.
They where quiet pathetic really - its not as if stanley had filled the ground!
But I take your point, they are slaves to the health and safety law system.
When you compared them to Wycombes - different class.
Why cant all stewards be as good as Wycombes.

The game.
Well for once - im not going to slag of Miles.
Dont get me wrong, 2nd half he did nothing but the first half - when he stuck to the wing, he made a few decent runs. His best game to date - although for 20 mins in the 1st half, he and proctor seemed to swap positions for some unknown reason and it didnt work.

I could analysis the match, but I would rather just focus on why we lost.

Central Midfield - they where rubbish today. Proctor and Harris where second to the ball all game long. I think we either have to accept proctor and Harris are playing at there limit and against the top 8 teams and will always struggle, or find someone else.
Their positional awareness, vision, authority, shooting, tackling - is not good enough for the top half of league 2.
I also though Brown did nothing going forward in the first half - although his work rate was noticable.

Cav - the worst match i've seen him play. The first goal started with him getting skinned, and throughout the game he got beaten at least 4 more times. His positioning and decision making was poor - and he didnt have a great deal of pace today.

Authur - undecisive today. didnt command or give the back 4 any confidence. Poor with the first goal.

Despite all of this, the most dissapointing aspect of today was the manner of ourr defeat. A silly rebound after 3 mins and a penalty.
We played some good football in the first half and were unlucky not to score. I thought the support from midfield was just to slow.
I was also dissapointed roscoe didnt use his pace to create a yard or two to get a shot away. To often he would turn his back to goal and look for the support rather than try and create something himself. And to often - the 'cavalry' from midfield was to late.

I was also dissapointed with the teams reaction to the 2nd goal .You could tell from their body language, play and work rate that they just accepted defeat. I feared Shrewsbury would go on to score 3 or 4.
And yet, when we did have a go with only 10 men - shrewsbury where vunerable, we could have created a bit more.

It seems to me alot of our team gets to the 'jelly leg' stages by 75 - 80 mins. Surely, one of the great levelrs in football is fitness. This is something stanley Must work hard on - as the opposition cannot stop you running.

Shrewsbury midfield was clever today -they constantly pressured and closed down stanley in their final 3rd - working very hard right up to the end.
I strongly feel fitness is the one area we can and must match teams on.
I just dont see it from most of our players. Roberts and Branch where dead on their feet with 15 minutes to go.

Overall , i really feel this was a game we could have got something from. Shrewsbury where not great, and in the large scheme of things didnt create that much. Stanley had some good chances but where always chasing from conceding so early.

Stanleys midfield did not turn up, and the final ball and support for the front 2 was non existent.

MOM - paul Mullin, didnt stop working or trying to get back into it. A real example to the rest of them.
Roscoe did well to - ran his socks off.

Lets hope we can get Paul Carden fit or get a loan player in.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..