Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2017, 17:29   #16

Re: Wake up the people of hyndburn

Agreed. Didsbury would be ideal.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2017, 17:43   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats pretty accurate as far as i'm concerned as ive said before some live away and transport can be a problem at evenings, also some are working also cant make evening games, but its still no excuse to me for others who aint regulars, not to come and see for themselves what these lads are serving up for the public its bloody awesome this season, so they need to get off their arses and come see,

I'm a season ticket holder and it's roughly a 150 mile round trip for me, so midweek games mean getting home late (especially when there's motorway maintenance). Now I'm retired it's easier, but I have every sympathy with people who have to get from work, look after kids etc. I don't think anyone who's bought a season ticket should be called names.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-08-2017, 18:28   #18
God Member

can understand anyone who misses midweek games nowadays especially if motorway travel has to be done. sections closed with diversion signs that disappear, 50mph limits with only you and another fan on the road. used to love em and friday nights but they are getting a bit of a ball ache now especially away ones.
cashman and nowandzen like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 18:47   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
can understand anyone who misses midweek games nowadays especially if motorway travel has to be done. sections closed with diversion signs that disappear, 50mph limits with only you and another fan on the road. used to love em and friday nights but they are getting a bit of a ball ache now especially away ones.

After the Wimbledon playoff I got lost, after nearly driving into a barrier on the M60 which was across the road. I ended up in Cheadle - twice - before I finally worked out how to get back to Wales. That was nearly my final Stanley match!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-08-2017, 20:05   #20
God Member

Good grief!
As if Wimbledon beating Stanley wasn't bad enough...Cheadle....twice!
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:38   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I suspect Nicks original post is aimed at fans in general and games in general, but as people are citing the PNE game as an example then I'll chuck my hat in the ring - as someone who deliberately didnt go.

Want and Can are 2 different things, i wanted to go but was working in Leeds that day. Not knowing if I'd get back in time I didnt pre-purchase. It was also my youngest's birthday the following day and we usually open presents the night before due to me leaving for work very early.

At some point I had the idea that I'd see if I could get him the away strip, printed and badged, and see if there was anyway they could get a player to bring him his present to the Clayton End. Nice touch I thought, family friendly club personal touch I thought, nice photo opportunity for the programme or website I thought. So anyways, I asked the question on Twitter ... an hour later the read post hadnt been replied to so I sent the same question to the Commercial Guy via instant messenger (pops up on your phone instantly for the technophobes). It was read within 2 minutes but 5 hours later whilst driving home I still hadnt received a response.
"Sorry Rob its against regulations for players to do such things"
"Sorry Rob if we do it for you we'll have to do it for everyone"
"Sorry Rob, we couldnt do that but how about Winstanley bringing it over?
"Sorry Rob, no, but for £25 we'll wish him happy birthday on our fancy new screen"

All would have been acceptable responses but I got sod all.

So instead I went to DW Sports and he ended up with an England Kit. And we stopped at home opening presents instead of going t'Wham and spending a hundred quid.

So a big well done to the Mutes at the club.

We will be back next week, I'm not missing out because of ignorance on someone else's behalf, but that was a final nail in the 'active fan' part of me. Last year I spent a considerable amount of time putting together a proposal for a fan led mega initiative for a years worth of celebrations for the 50th anniversary. I spent 8 months trying to get a meeting before finally just handing over a 7 page letter outlining the idea. 3 months later I found out 2nd hand that they didnt like it because it would be too much work. Too much work to allow the fans to run a programme of events with 3 years notice (4 years when I first raised it). Well I'm sorry but it was too much work for me to bother going to the PNE game
That's a sorry tale Rob. But some of us at least are well aware of what you (and others) have tried to achieve, and actually achieved, over many years. So, for what it's worth, many thanks.

Cheers, Chris

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..